PDA

View Full Version : Add a gem trader for cove event

Mjolnyr
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Now the newly-added Bottomless Flask of Rum becomes a hot farming target, but the progress requires various kinds of gems. Players who don't have low level characters would have to manipulate the barter UI again and again....

Please consider to put a gem trader on the boat, and separate the function of gems exchanging to another NPC.

1. Allow high level gems to be exchanged to any kind of lower level ones.
2. Allow exchange in large quantity.

Thanks.

cdr
02-21-2013, 04:39 PM
1. Allow high level gems to be exchanged to any kind of lower level ones.

Maybe you missed it, but "trade-down" was already added in the barter box.

Narfle_the_Garthok
02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Maybe you missed it, but "trade-down" was already added in the barter box.

On a 1 for 1 basis, a single tier at the time.
The suggestion is to be able to trade directly from highest to lowest, and in bulk.
The current system is something at least, yes. But it may injure players from clicking so much.

Habreno
02-22-2013, 02:10 AM
On a 1 for 1 basis, a single tier at the time.
The suggestion is to be able to trade directly from highest to lowest, and in bulk.
The current system is something at least, yes. But it may injure players from clicking so much.

I did the math. Over a thousand.

365 Emeralds/Diamonds -> Sapphires/Rubies
205 Sapphires/Rubies -> Topaz/Amethyst
75 Topaz/Amethyst -> Amber/Obsidian
30 Amber/Obsidian -> Pyrite/Alabaster

Total of 1,350 tradings... done one at a time.

shadereaper33
02-22-2013, 03:21 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You want them to add a much requested feature AND make it convenient? I mean, seriously, that is like going to a restaurant and ordering lunch, and then expecting it to be cooked!

(for those who rolled a 1, there was bit of sarcasm in there)

/signed for multiple quantities of trading, both here and in the crafting hall please. Even just a script that only runs them one at a time but lets us pick how many times to run the script. Say, a text field that you can enter a number in, and it will individually process the exchange 1 at a time automatically so we at least don't have to sit here and go clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclick...

CaptainSpacePony
02-22-2013, 06:29 AM
2. Allow exchange in large quantity.

Signed with enthusiasm!!! And spread this functionality to map piece turn in, essense crunching, etc, etc, etc...

Now the newly-added Bottomless Flask of Rum becomes a hot farming target...

But an ill advised farm IMO. Based on FotS's statement (quoted below), grinding this genuinely interesting item out will lead to player frustration as they learn that quaffing the rum turns off a myriad of other interesting items they will find or grind out.

All "Flask" potions activate a shared cooldown. The length of the cooldown is determined by the flask you used.

While currently there are only the flasks from Crystal Cove and the Endless Flask of Heroism, don't be surprised if you see more flasks of various kinds in the future. We think it'll add some cool strategy to many people's gameplay- Possible example: "Do I use my Stoneskin flask now, or do I save my Heal flask in case I need it?"