PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Box Delivery Delay

Tolero
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
UPDATE 2/28/13: The Birthday Box has returned. Characters who did not receive a Birthday Box should now have one in their inventory.

At this time the 7th Birthday Box item is not being distributed to characters. We are working on a fix for this issue, and once the fix is in place birthday gift boxes will be sent out for characters who didn't yet receive one. We will announce once the boxes have returned. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Dagolar
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
This seems familiar. ;P

Armitage
02-21-2013, 02:31 PM
GREAT!!! now how about those free Tpoints, my regular points and some prompt help now that youve reset all my argo favor and it refuses to g up again and im raid flagged now.... oh wait... that will take a year right? what was i thinking!?!?!?

Zonixx
02-21-2013, 02:42 PM
This seems familiar. ;P

HAHAHA I was thinking the EXACT same thing, oh plz turbine send me more free boxes :P

Buggss
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
If we have some toons that have received the box and some that haven't do we let someone know or just wait and see if it appears?

Cordovan
02-21-2013, 02:50 PM
If we have some toons that have received the box and some that haven't do we let someone know or just wait and see if it appears?

No action should be necessary on your part.

Silken-Akira
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for keep working on the fixes and bugs.
Looking at the latest weeks I guess it has been a real hard and stressfull time for you all.
Also I do appreciate it a lot that you guys are open about the issues.

shadereaper33
02-21-2013, 04:23 PM
So, either I have some extraordinarily odd luck, or the "hotfix" ate a whole bunch of b-day boxes. Between u17 and the downtime this morning, I logged into 3 characters, all of which had their b-day box, and used said boxes on them. After seeing this thread, I decided to check my remaining characters, only to find that not a single one of them, 16 in total, had a b-day box. So, that leads me to believe that something in the "hotfix" today managed to eat the b-day boxes, perhaps in a similar fashion to how u17 ate random loot-gen outfits.

Dawnsfire
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
So what exactly is the '7th Birthday Box item'?

PNellesen
02-21-2013, 04:33 PM
WHEW! Glad I checked the forums before going off the deep end again ;)

xveganrox
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Oh good. I was just about to start a thread on this :P

nibel
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
So what exactly is the '7th Birthday Box item'?

This (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Birthday_Battle_Box).

bjp050569
02-21-2013, 05:15 PM
My wife is having problems with outfits. She had three in her inventory that she uses with her monk, Saije. After the update, her character looked like she was wearing an outfit but, all of her outfits went missing. They were not in her inventory. I finally told her to go buy a three more outfits at the auction. She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

What does she do?

Dawnsfire
02-21-2013, 05:18 PM
This (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Birthday_Battle_Box).

Tyvm! I was confused. Responses sounded like it was the whole box but Tolero's phrasing made me wonder whether it was a specific item from the box that was not being delivered.

Dawnsfire
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
My wife is having problems with outfits. She had three in her inventory that she uses with her monk, Saije. After the update, her character looked like she was wearing an outfit but, all of her outfits went missing. They were not in her inventory. I finally told her to go buy a three more outfits at the auction. She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

What does she do?

Just wait until they figure out how to fix it:

As stated in the known issues, the hotfix was to prevent it from happening to even more players. If you were already hit, we are still in the process of deploying a fix for those whose outfits were already affected. More info on this front as soon as we're ready to start re-outfitting folks!

BoondocksMike
02-21-2013, 06:11 PM
im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed... weve been hearing about epic gh for a long time and weve been hearing about fixing sliding monsters for a long time if there was a poll to see which one players would rather have, which do you guys think would be the more popular choice? and what about money, do you dudes at turbine really think that more people will want to pay for new stuff that only half works or existing stuff that works nearly all the time? or do you pay 5 year olds to make these decisions?

its not really turbines fault though (imo), its the vip players who dont have the willpower to cancel their subs long enough to bring this game to the point where it has to change FOR THE BETTER or shut down
that might sound scary but remember this is business, turbine wants to make money and if that means actually selling a product that isnt broken instead of not selling anything my guess is that they would go for it

but as it is people pay and turbine continues to either not care or not try very hard (if they did either i cant imagine there being this many bugs..)

Buggss
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Whether good or bad, thanks as usual for the clarification Cordovan.

Iann
02-21-2013, 08:37 PM
im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed... weve been hearing about epic gh for a long time and weve been hearing about fixing sliding monsters for a long time if there was a poll to see which one players would rather have, which do you guys think would be the more popular choice? and what about money, do you dudes at turbine really think that more people will want to pay for new stuff that only half works or existing stuff that works nearly all the time? or do you pay 5 year olds to make these decisions?

its not really turbines fault though (imo), its the vip players who dont have the willpower to cancel their subs long enough to bring this game to the point where it has to change FOR THE BETTER or shut down
that might sound scary but remember this is business, turbine wants to make money and if that means actually selling a product that isnt broken instead of not selling anything my guess is that they would go for it

but as it is people pay and turbine continues to either not care or not try very hard (if they did either i cant imagine there being this many bugs..)

Well Met!
Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize. If people do as you suggest I doubt the game would survive. Without money coming in to pay the people who do the work there would be no game. I for one think the people at Turbine do a good job, its not perfect but what is? If you are seeking perfection you have a long journey before you and I doubt you will ever have much joy. Your sugestion would not make the game better it would destroy it and I for one do not like you even suggesting people do things to destroy this game. I think you sound like a whiner who complains about anything that doesn't go the way they like. Life is full of imperfections learn to live with it.

Shoyang
02-21-2013, 08:52 PM
I redeemed the gift box for a tome of dexterity, and then the when I try to read the tome it says my you already have this ability bonus... ok so now I have a tome that I can't sell, auction, trade or mail to another of my toons... is there a way to swap it with another?
I got boxes on all 4 of my toons. NP GJ

THAC0
02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
I have this problem with all my characters across all servers except 1 character (on Ghallanda). This includes new ones, veteran starting ones, and ones from 7 yrs ago.

Weird.

Gizeh
02-21-2013, 09:14 PM
[...]Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize.[...]

So if I can't build my own car I'm not qualified to see faults in cars built by various car companies?

PsychoBlonde
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
im pretty sure that not a single person has ever said this in game, on the forums, or in real life, and probably never even thought it (im just that kind of genius) but maybe before anymore new stuff gets added the vast majority (not all, that would be stupendous but i dont believe its possible in the real world) of the bugs in the game should be fixed...

It may actually be impossible to fix all or most of the bugs. There is no such thing as completely bug-free software, I've seen people succesfully bug out that "Hello World!" sample program they give you when introducing you to a new programming language. No, I am not kidding.

Fixed *enough* to not cause egregious numbers of screaming fits is about what you should reasonably expect. And no harm in holding out for some Extra Free Stuff(tm) when you can.

PsychoBlonde
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM
So if I can't build my own car I'm not qualified to see faults in cars built by various car companies?

You can criticize--but that doesn't mean you have an idea of how bad a given issue is or how easy/not easy it might be to fix. So your priorities on what needs to be done first may or may not be useful.

Billoferous
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM

"Wait and See" is how it is around here. You just wait and see...

fco-karatekid
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh good. I was just about to start a thread on this :P

Precisely what I was about to type :D

Uska
02-22-2013, 12:16 AM
I redeemed the gift box for a tome of dexterity, and then the when I try to read the tome it says my you already have this ability bonus... ok so now I have a tome that I can't sell, auction, trade or mail to another of my toons... is there a way to swap it with another?

There is some kind of crafting thing you can turn it into thats about it I made the same mistake by misclicking for one of my characters and got a type of tome I had already used.

Serignuad2
02-22-2013, 12:38 AM

What does she do?

Wait, don't tell me you fell for the ol' I have to buy more dresses, the ones I had aren't in my inventory ploy?! ;)

Liutwin
02-22-2013, 12:44 AM
would be nice if sovereign renown elixirs were added to the anniversary boxes =D

Plantman81
02-22-2013, 12:56 AM
So, is it safe to open the boxes we already have? I'm going to wait for an answer to this before I open any b-day boxes.

Thud
02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
So, is it safe to open the boxes we already have? I'm going to wait for an answer to this before I open any b-day boxes.

I would suggest to open it quickly and get it out of your inventory just incase they um replace the um lost um ones.

Thud
02-22-2013, 02:18 AM

Oops! All you can do with a bound tome is trade it for purified dragonshard essences via the vender in the crafting hall. Or you could pawn it... I made that mistake ONCE myself ;)

shadereaper33
02-22-2013, 03:33 AM

Again with the car analogies, what is it with you people? A computer program is nothing at all like a car. In a car, when you install a door handle, you know exactly what it can do, should do, and will do. If at any point in time it does not function like it should, there is a finite list of possible problems that could be the culprit. In a computer program, on the other hand, every single string of code that is entered into the program is actually reliant on other strings of code entered in the program to figure out how it works. So, that "door handle" could be used to open a door, roll down the window, start the AC, open the microwave, or, in some cases, launch the missiles. A little bit more complex there. Yeah, Turbine has issues with their code, and it would fantastic if it were to all be magically fixed some day. Realistically, there have been so many changes to this game, on both the code level and code writer level, that getting all, or even most, of the bugs truly "fixed" is highly unlikely to happen without them completely rebuilding the game from scratch.

Imagine if someone were building a sky scraper, except their blueprints were completely unlabeled. Now, every few years over the course of 7 years the entire build team on that sky scraper is completely changed out. The new guys have no idea what those squiggly lines actually mean. they can make a guess, and hope they are right, but sometimes they are wrong. Sometimes they are incredibly wrong, and you mushrooms that think they are doors, or something like that. Asking for, or expecting, a bug-free environment at this stage of the game is completely unrealistic. The best we can hope for is to not log in one day and find all of our stuff is gone. It sucks, but that is the reality of the game currently.

Rhomnibus
02-22-2013, 04:27 AM
My wife is having problems with outfits. ... She spent a little over 35,000 platinum. When she went to the mailbox to get them, there were no outfits, but she did recieve the letters with no attachments. Now she is out six outfits.

Your wife wasted loads of money on outfits? I have that problem too, just IRL.

ShotByBothSides
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I understand that missing outfits are hoping to be restored to us in the future, by mail I recall.

What about the outfit put in the Guild chest one day before the update? After the update I went to retrieve it (before we knew about the "bug"); the outfit showed up as an item in the list, but went "pooof" when I tried to take it.
I am guessing outfits in Guild Chests may be lost forever, but here's hoping not.

Buggss
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
"Wait and See" is how it is around here. You just wait and see...

Wow, I keep saying people respond to posts without reading the thread, you didn't even look at the very next post. In case it's too hard even now I'll quote it for you:

So it was such a silly question it got a fast dev response. :rolleyes:

Colon_Cancer
02-22-2013, 03:53 PM
At this time the 7th Birthday Box item is not being distributed to characters. We are working on a fix for this issue, and once the fix is in place birthday gift boxes will be sent out for characters who didn't yet receive one. We will announce once the boxes have returned. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Leave it to turbine to not learn from the past! Next thing we know we are gonna see an emancipation proclamation decreeing halflings are real toons....

Clemeit
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Nope, there is not. You should always check which tomes you have used BEFORE purchasing one in any way.

Only thing you can do with it is destroy it or let it take up a spot in your inventory.

BoondocksMike
02-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Well Met!
Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize. If people do as you suggest I doubt the game would survive. Without money coming in to pay the people who do the work there would be no game. I for one think the people at Turbine do a good job, its not perfect but what is? If you are seeking perfection you have a long journey before you and I doubt you will ever have much joy. Your sugestion would not make the game better it would destroy it and I for one do not like you even suggesting people do things to destroy this game. I think you sound like a whiner who complains about anything that doesn't go the way they like. Life is full of imperfections learn to live with it.

no i dont know really anything about coding, what i do know is that i have a job. and in that job i get paid to do something. and if i dont do it or if i do it wrong i dont get paid. catchin my drift boss?

also i agree with what the guy said about cars
and with what the guy said about toally bug free stuff, thats why i said mostly if i thought human beings could achieve a perfect "thing" i would call myself an opimist, duh

though really what incentive is there for a less buggy ddo? people will still play it and people will still pay for it, and yes that includes me (the playing not the paying). but perhaps that is part of the problem...freemium = some people play some people mooch...maybe with all the moochers turbines profit margin is not high enough to warrant better performance

but for people like iann i am willing to admit that i am not involved in turbines business in any way other than as a customer so i dont actually KNOW...i am just thinking what seems reasonable to me...

Sidewaysgts86
02-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Again with the car analogies, what is it with you people? A computer program is nothing at all like a car....

While I agree with the overall "gist" of your post- His analogy was relatively valid. He wasnt comparing coding to a car. He was comparing the implied authority to criticize a particular process based on the specific knowledge one has (or in this example, doesnt have) about how the process is done in the first place. His analogy wasnt simply comparing "a car". It was the process involved in building/engineering a car. Savvy?

Inability to build a car is irrelevant/different to the knowledge required in the first place to build a car (One can know "how" to build a car, but be unable to for a number of reasons. Yes I know, im being "anal" here- but keep with me for a moment). Qualified or not, youre very welcome to critique and see the faults in a car. What you are not qualified to do however, is offer educated suggestions involved in the process(es) of building said car, if you have no knowledge of what it takes to build a car in the first place. Jo-Shmo is very valid to point out "Son of a ****! The wheel fell off! Thats bad!". What he is not justified in asserting (without knowledge), is "why" it fell off, nor is he qualified to offer suggestions that can rectify the "issue". See the difference?

Pape_27
02-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Well Met!
Do you have any idea how complicated this game is? The Graphics alone are mind boggling, the mirrors and surface reflections etc. Have you ever desingned anything this complicated? If not I don't think you are qualifed to critize.

really? just because someone doesnt know how to or hasnt created something as complex as a video game they are qualified to critize the devs? Thats just plain stupid.

UnderwearModel
02-23-2013, 07:27 AM

On Saturday, February 23, 2013, I had a birthday box in my inventory. I suppose I opened it on the first day and it is still there, Since I had all +3 tomes already, I probably decided to deal with it later.

Today was the day. I opened the box, selected a tome, and ran to the Cannith Crafter for nine Purified.

GermanicusMaximus
02-23-2013, 08:26 AM
really? just because someone doesnt know how to or hasnt created something as complex as a video game they are qualified to critize the devs? Thats just plain stupid.

Agreed.

As a consumer, someone certainly can assess how well the product meets reasonable expectations.

DDO is at best a moderately complex piece of software. The operating system that runs the computer on which you play DDO is far more complex, by several orders of magnitude. Its quite fortunate that the large number of people who played a role in crafting that operating system set a higher standard of excellence for themselves than the makers of DDO do.

DDO is just a game, and that is the excuse that far too many, who claim to have some professional software expertise, use to justify Turbine's complete lack of focus on quality. I would hate to see what kind of products those apologists craft for THEIR customers.

Aussir
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
I have a question:

You say you're going to give the boxes to those who didn't receive them. Very well... now...

What about those who received them but had them DISAPPEAR after your hotfix? :mad:

ld2950
02-23-2013, 12:49 PM

Well I have given up my vip status twice now and guess what they don't really care so just wait for them to fix it

UnderwearModel
02-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a question:

You say you're going to give the boxes to those who didn't receive them. Very well... now...

What about those who received them but had them DISAPPEAR after your hotfix? :mad:

That is why I was surprised to find one in my inventory today on a character.

Hopefully, everyone will get one again once they fix whatever was wrong in the first place.

SisAmethyst
02-24-2013, 05:03 AM
I have a question:

That is why I was surprised to find one in my inventory today on a character.

Hopefully, everyone will get one again once they fix whatever was wrong in the first place.

Hope so, as I can see on several characters the open spot in the inventory where it must have been, could it be that the ID of the birthday box share the ID with the outfits?

UurlockYgmeov
02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I have a question:

yeah - happened to everyone I know...

it was The Consortium..... yeah--- the culprits behind the missing airship amenities and the great kobold invasion / migration (to Delera's) of 2012....

http://my.ddo.com/tuckerby/ <--- read all about it there....

it was the Consortium who arranged for the kobolds to take your shiny!!

Memnir
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah this really is laughably, deliciously ironic.

Buggss
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Similar with me.

I saw the birthday box on every toon I logged on with although I didn't log on to every toon I have. I used the box with one toon but every other toon that still had their box has lost it including the ones I didn't log onto in the first place.

Bleh...

UurlockYgmeov
02-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Similar with me.

I saw the birthday box on every toon I logged on with although I didn't log on to every toon I have. I used the box with one toon but every other toon that still had their box has lost it including the ones I didn't log onto in the first place.

Bleh...

pesky kobolds!

Graedyn_Jaxx
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Well Met!

I have no idea how to make wine, nor do i care, but i'm pretty sure the people who make wine, care about my opinion. Is this any different? I think not. We are professional consumers of a product and all our opinions are valid. Reasonable or Doable? well that's where some discretion is needed.

Sidewaysgts86
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I have no idea how to make wine, nor do i care, but i'm pretty sure the people who make wine, care about my opinion. Is this any different? I think not. We are professional consumers of a product and all our opinions are valid. Reasonable or Doable? well that's where some discretion is needed.

Is that any different? Yes. It is. I feel like I've said this all before, but here goes again anyways.

Assuming youve no idea of how something is made and you then sample the product- You're very "qualified" to give an opinion on the product itself. What you are not "qualified" to do is to assert your opinion on how you think they should change the process to rectify the issue you have with the product.

Ie: If you think the wine tastes bad, sure, let them know "Hey, this wine tastes bad" Maybe even say why it tastes bad to you: "its too bitter for my tastes". What you are NOT "qualified" to do is go "hey, this wine is too bitter- And, while I know I have NO clue on how you, ya know, actually MAKE the wine, I think you should add some salt to the mix, that might help".

If you are ignorant on how something is made, your opinion on what they should "do" to fix it, is equally as ignorant. Savvy?

Callanrae
02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for keep working on the fixes and bugs.
Looking at the latest weeks I guess it has been a real hard and stressfull time for you all.
Also I do appreciate it a lot that you guys are open about the issues.

Ditto what Silken said, thanks for keeping us in the loop guys and for the effort you are putting in to fix the errors :0)

It always works out in the end and I'm loving all the new content!

Keep up the good work :)

UurlockYgmeov
02-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Ditto what Silken said, thanks for keeping us in the loop guys and for the effort you are putting in to fix the errors :0)

It always works out in the end and I'm loving all the new content!

Keep up the good work :)

+1
/signed

zarthak
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM

"SHOULD" he worded it carefully for when they screw up :p

Kyrryl
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
I got a birthday box when they were first distributed and opened it and chose the permanent Heroism potion. When Crystal Cove preview was active, I began working on the permanent Mug of Rum healing clicky. I finished the first level of it. When I use it or the heroism potion, the timers for both start. Is this how it is meant to work? It doesn't make sense that two items with different abilities gained from different sources should be on the same timer.

Shishizaru
02-24-2013, 11:50 PM
I got a birthday box when they were first distributed and opened it and chose the permanent Heroism potion. When Crystal Cove preview was active, I began working on the permanent Mug of Rum healing clicky. I finished the first level of it. When I use it or the heroism potion, the timers for both start. Is this how it is meant to work? It doesn't make sense that two items with different abilities gained from different sources should be on the same timer.

That's working as intended: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4911367&postcount=4

Iann
02-25-2013, 03:22 AM

Well met!
Anyone may complain or critize to their heart's content. What I objected to was his suggesting people do something that would destroy the game. Ie if everyone stopped paying until every bug was fixed (the chance of this is nonexisistant) as he suggested, Turbine could not fix anything, they would shut down.

AuraAten
02-25-2013, 06:45 AM
OMG!!! WAHHWAHHH! They had some minor issue with the birthday cakes last year, and gee, guess what happened?
Yep they fixed it! So it took a couple weeks! I have seen people using those djinn cakes ever since! Im willing to bet that would include some if not all the posters to this thread. Cmon people, if this game annoys you so, go play another game...(not mentioning names) mabie one that has the bankroll and enormous staff to handle the bugs that seem to drive you all so crazy. I think this is a great game, the very small staff of people running it try hard. Im not just saying this I really think these guys do the best they can with what there is to work with. So, give them a couple weeks.....play the game, TR, defeat Lolth. Do SOMETHING instead of ragging.

UurlockYgmeov
02-25-2013, 08:28 AM
omg!!! Wahhwahhh! They had some minor issue with the birthday cakes last year, and gee, guess what happened?
Yep they fixed it! So it took a couple weeks! I have seen people using those djinn cakes ever since! Im willing to bet that would include some if not all the posters to this thread. Cmon people, if this game annoys you so, go play another game...(not mentioning names) mabie one that has the bankroll and enormous staff to handle the bugs that seem to drive you all so crazy. I think this is a great game, the very small staff of people running it try hard. Im not just saying this i really think these guys do the best they can with what there is to work with. So, give them a couple weeks.....play the game, tr, defeat lolth. Do something instead of ragging.
+1

Claryssa
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey all at Turbine...

Thank you for your statement regarding giving players their birthday boxes that never received them.

However, Please can you confirm you are looking into those that got their birthday boxes but had them disappear after the hotfix...

I am one of the people this has affected.

Many thanks for looking into this for myself and those who had their birthday boxes taken away..

:)

UurlockYgmeov
02-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Hey all at Turbine...

Thank you for your statement regarding giving players their birthday boxes that never received them.

However, Please can you confirm you are looking into those that got their birthday boxes but had them disappear after the hotfix...

I am one of the people this has affected.

Many thanks for looking into this for myself and those who had their birthday boxes taken away..

:)

darn kobold rogues!

eherodust
02-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Is that any different? Yes. It is. I feel like I've said this all before, but here goes again anyways.

Assuming youve no idea of how something is made and you then sample the product- You're very "qualified" to give an opinion on the product itself. What you are not "qualified" to do is to assert your opinion on how you think they should change the process to rectify the issue you have with the product.

Ie: If you think the wine tastes bad, sure, let them know "Hey, this wine tastes bad" Maybe even say why it tastes bad to you: "its too bitter for my tastes". What you are NOT "qualified" to do is go "hey, this wine is too bitter- And, while I know I have NO clue on how you, ya know, actually MAKE the wine, I think you should add some salt to the mix, that might help".

If you are ignorant on how something is made, your opinion on what they should "do" to fix it, is equally as ignorant. Savvy?

I totally agree with you

I took several weeks of game design and it is hard than one would think. While I was at this camp I designed and programed my own game. I a person has never even looked at how these games are made one should not be harassing those that put hours into creating something fun and entertaining for those that choose to participate to enjoy.

I appreciate all the work those at Turbine go through to make a game, that unlike the one I made, has relatively very few bugs. So please if you are going to comment on perceived low goal expectations know where of you speak. And I know I sound stupid here but if you want it done faster then quit asking questions that they have to take time to answer.

Thank you Turbine for all the hard work you put into making this game enjoyable.

Andafin
02-26-2013, 10:05 AM
When life starts to beat you down, and you want to feel better about your situation, imagine yourself as a turbine dev after an update.

I personally enjoy the chaos that ensues after an update and just try to take the bugs lightly. Keep up the good work guys. <insert shameless plea for more free stuff here!>

SirShen
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Can i ask is this still being dealt with? I have about 70% of my toons without a Battle Box.

Azara
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Wow...a deletion of my post AND STILL no progress on either of the points I posted about...you guys at Turbine rock! (Note the OOZING sarcasm)

Maelwyn
02-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Saw the birthday boxes on the first day of the update, and then they all disappeared. When will these be replaced so that I can actually use them? Just curious to see if there have been any new developments in this area. Thanks.

Gkar
02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
However, Please can you confirm you are looking into those that got their birthday boxes but had them disappear after the hotfix...:)

They removed them deliberately due to an exploit so I'm sure they count them as "not received".

Bronko
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM

Do you have an update for us on Birthday Box roll out?

Todesnymphe
02-27-2013, 02:36 AM
My guess (hope) is that it'll be resolved when CC is opened again - so this Friday.

Sidewaysgts86
02-27-2013, 02:46 AM
When life starts to beat you down, and you want to feel better about your situation, imagine yourself as a turbine dev after an update.

I personally enjoy the chaos that ensues after an update and just try to take the bugs lightly. Keep up the good work guys. <insert shameless plea for more free stuff here!>

Ive always found it funny- ive seen so many dooooooooooom posts on this forum, and cant realy think of any major bugs that have ever really bothered me and effected my gameplay/enjoyment.

BoondocksMike
02-28-2013, 07:47 AM
Well I have given up my vip status twice now and guess what they don't really care so just wait for them to fix it

youre right they dont care, about you
they do care about the group of people that pays for the game, if one bug got "mostly fixed" for every sub that got cancelled (ofcourse leaving some bugs left over because 100% bug free code has been explicitly stated to not be possible) there might be a lot less bugs in the game wouldnt there now?

ok maybe just less

ok maybe the same

BoondocksMike
02-28-2013, 07:52 AM

hey this game has some bugs that sometimes get annoying
thinks that dont work like they are supposed to are outside of my coping ability

spoiler alert, ignorance to follow:
less updates, more bug fixing/preventing/whatever you gotta do to take care of some of these bugs

just some

danzig138
02-28-2013, 07:53 AM
I personally enjoy the chaos that ensues after an update and just try to take the bugs lightly. Half the fun of an update is seeing what they broke while adding or fixing something else. As long as it doesn't trash my characters, my gear, or my storage, I try to take your approach.

Keep up the good work guys.Woah, now, let's not get crazy though.

Cordovan
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
The Birthday Box has returned. Characters who did not receive a Birthday Box should now have one in their inventory.

AuraAten
02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
The Birthday Box has returned. Characters who did not receive a Birthday Box should now have one in their inventory.

Thanks Cordovan!

Dawnsfire
02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
The res cakes are now BtC. Just a fair warning to everyone.

shadereaper33
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the birthday boxes and all, but did you really need to make EVERYTHING BtC? I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but really, why couldn't you have left at least 1 thing BtA so that we could get something useful out of the boxes we have on bank toons and alts we don't play much or that don't need the tomes? It just seems like you guys are saying "Hey, here is cool, awesome present from us for being around so long, but you aren't allowed to actually make use of it." Again, I am not trying to sound ungrateful, and I do thank you all for the free gift, but maybe next time you might want to add in at least 1 BtA item.

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
what about the boxes that were repossessed?

Am still missing mine. And so are several of my friends.

Just wondering if should put ticket in or just wait and see if they appear with the 250TP.

Tolero
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
what about the boxes that were repossessed?

Am still missing mine. And so are several of my friends.

Just wondering if should put ticket in or just wait and see if they appear with the 250TP.

No boxes were repossessed. If you logged in in the middle of the delivery system shutting off, some characters had boxes and some did not yet since it was per character login, not per account.

Any characters who missed out will now have them. If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.

Meretrix
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.

wrong :D

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
No boxes were repossessed. If you logged in in the middle of the delivery system shutting off, some characters had boxes and some did not yet since it was per character login, not per account.

Any characters who missed out will now have them. If you already got them/used them, there won't be a second box for that character since they already had one.

Wasn't expected second one for the one or two characters that used it - but the rest who did have the boxes vanish from their backpacks?

(Repossessed was a joke - about kobolds and shiney's) :eek:

post script - the one character who I didn't think used his - did (found the flask in the bottom drawer of his bank - ready for next life) :o

kittikatgurl
02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
I noticed on my characters that had boxes that disappeared then given back to them, the ress cakes were suddenly bound to character, while that had been previously bound to account.

Why the stealth change?

jakeelala
02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
I noticed on my characters that had boxes that disappeared then given back to them, the ress cakes were suddenly bound to character, while that had been previously bound to account.

Why the stealth change?

probably a long thought out and cleverly implemented conspiracy to stop people like you from using your rez cakes from mules on real characters...i'm sure this was high on their priority list.

Or considering Double Rainbow is just a clever name for Turbine's development principals, this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.

Phaeton_Seraph
02-28-2013, 04:26 PM
this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.

Hmmm... Seems legit, I'll buy that.

Is there a name for this phenomenon?

mikarddo
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I also have to question the change to the gift in the box. Some of the items were bta in the first round but now they have been changed to btc. I sincerely hope thats a bug and one you intend to fix because its a major difference - from "hey, great gift" to "duh, why do I want this stuff"?

Chewysc
02-28-2013, 07:25 PM
probably a long thought out and cleverly implemented conspiracy to stop people like you from using your rez cakes from mules on real characters...i'm sure this was high on their priority list.

Or considering Double Rainbow is just a clever name for Turbine's development principals, this could be an instance of the 7% chance anytime Turbine does anything something totally random will happen instead of or in addition to.

I was fortunate enough to add my bound to account rez cakes from "The Box" to other previously acquired rez cakes and kept the pile in my shared bank and they all remained bound to account.

I also received 3 returned outfits in the mailbox for my main toon that were never missing as far as I can tell, all with qualities not worth keeping.

When I finished pulling the so called returned outfits from the mailbox, my Ascension Chamber timer was started for no reason and now I have to wait the 3 days to be off... and I was already off to begin with.

How's that for randomness?

vhortex
03-01-2013, 01:59 AM
wrong :D

Yup, tolero is wrong.. One of my chars that used the bday box again get a new shiny bday box. 2 of my chars still have their bday box missing.

My main char as of now that lost his robes got tons of useless robes stack piled in the mailbox, none of them was the missing robes instead they are all the robes that I sold or decon.

vhortex
03-01-2013, 02:03 AM

well, 1 char of mine who used his box got a new shiny one, 2 of my chars that got their boxes disappeared still have missing boxes. heck on the rolling out of the boxes, i lost a bow of sinew being overwritten by the box, that maybe the reason why i got 2 on one of my char.

auntjobiska
03-01-2013, 02:57 AM
So if you were quick and did your bitrthday box straight away you got good BTA things. If you were not able to get on in the small timeframe when the boxes were first avaialble you now get the meh BTC things. Sadness. And now I have to deal with my husband crowing because he had all his siberys cakes BTA and mine are not. No tot mention those that are bound to my bank toons.

But I guess it's the thought that counts...no, wait...

Thank you.

AJ

Nagantor
03-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I can beat you two boxers. A character of mine got 3! First, the regular when it was announced. I did a reincarnation the same day or day after and got another. With the restore of missing boxes, I got a third.

Of course, I had the problem of not really wanting any of the offered rewards from the first on. I've got enough purified shards, don't like using cakes (feels cheatish) and it's not on a character wanting SP pots. Heroism flask is a nice touch but nothing deal changing. Got enough clickys to last to shrines and with ship buffs it's less use anyway.