PDA

View Full Version : Rogue animations - quality of life

FrozenNova
02-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I would have 200% as much fun as my rogues if

a) Bluff was instant
With so few players around, finding a full party is near impossible, and frequently a nearby enemy without without agro aimed at you is nowhere to be found in such a case. There's no reason for bluff to be so clumsy in terms of attack delay and animation, unless you're deliberately saying bluff should delay 100's of damage to the target, in which case that should be managed mechanically.

While you're at it, remove the "monster must rotate 180 degrees as though on a turntable" whenever it is bluffed. A rogue only bluffs an enemy when the rogue has agro, so it's just going to turn right back around, most likely instantly when it next attacks. The whole thing just feels ridiculous.

b) It didn't take half an hour to leave stealth
Often the best thing to do is to stealth a little ahead of the party to run to the back of the encounter to reach the casters before the combat starts. However, the transition from stealth to the swinging animation is horrible, taking a full second if you carefully attack the moment you leave stealth or two seconds if you manage to trigger the awful little dual-stab animation first. I want to spring from the shadows, not flail around while I slowly fade in from the darkness.

Playing a rogue should feel smooth and full of finesse - but these painful delays make it a far more sluggish experience than a brutish barbarian.

Zachski
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't hate it if they removed the walking speed penalty for stealth anyways, and removed the kinda useless line of enhancements to boost the speed of it.

I know it doesn't make sense compared to PnP, but in PnP, the amount of units you could move was important for tactics. In DDO, the speed penalties are simply a terrible inconvenience which makes things like stealth completely useless.

FrozenNova
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't hate it if they removed the walking speed penalty for stealth anyways, and removed the kinda useless line of enhancements to boost the speed of it.

I don't know, that sounds dangerously close to buffing rangers or bards

Aliss7
02-19-2013, 05:11 PM
a) Bluff was instant

You can hit a tactic right after you bluff, such as trip, which will "break" the stealth animation and allow you to start hitting a bit quicker.

Narfle_the_Garthok
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
I would be fine with all of it, the bad transitions, the 2 hour bluff animation if: You could assassinate a bluffed foe while unstealthed.