PDA

View Full Version : DDO Points

DogMania
02-18-2013, 01:42 PM
At the moment it is impossible to buy points via Paypal, it fails at the very end when you commit.
Still you just saved me GBP 149.00

AZgreentea
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Did you already update your data?

For anyone who is reporting issues while attempting to purchase Turbine Points: Have you attempted to update your billing information (credit card number, address, etc.) through myaccount.turbine.com? If not, please do so, as it may resolve your issue. If you have updated your billing information successfully and are still not able to purchase Turbine Points, please let me know. Thanks!

If you pay for your subscription via PayPal, you will have to log into http://myaccount.turbine.com and re-enter your PayPal information. If you do not, your subscription will not automatically renew at the end of your currently paid for time.

Paryan
02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
At this time the game servers, DDO Store, and MyAccount site are now available!
Known Issues:

Note that the 250 Turbine Points for Premium/VIP and the VIP subscription extension time has not yet been processed. We will make an announcement once these are distributed. You will not need to take any action to receive them.
There is a chance after upgrading your account to VIP from Free or Premium that your old status will continue to display after your purchase. This is incorrect, and we have received your payment and upgraded your account. Clicking the home button in MyAccount will force the page to refresh and show your newly upgraded status.
If you pay for your subscription via PayPal, you will have to log into http://myaccount.turbine.com and re-enter your PayPal information. If you do not, your subscription will not automatically renew at the end of your currently paid for time.
Turbine Point codes must be applied through myaccount.turbine.com, rather than through the DDO Store in-game. To add a Turbine Point code, log in using your account credentials at myaccount.turbine.com, enter the code into the Product Key section of the page, and click "Submit". Follow the instructions.
Attempting to add new credit cards through the DDO Store in-game may not return a confirmation page. If your credit card is not successfully added, you can add your credit card information through myaccount.turbine.com.
It is no longer possible to use a LOTRO points code in DDO, and vice versa.
Retail turbine points cards listed as usable for either DDO or LOTRO can't be redeemed for DDO.

We have enabled a +25% Heroic & Epic XP boost to coincide with the loot boost. We are also investigating an issue where many guilds were hit with a significant amount of guild renown decay. We are working on implementing boosts for guilds later this week. We apologize for the inconvenience to our guilds!

As a thank you for your understanding and patience during this downtime, all Premium and VIP players who have logged into their account in the past 30 Days (as of 6:00AM Eastern time on 2/14/2013) will receive 250 Turbine points. In addition, all VIP players who have logged in during the same period will have their accounts credited 1 day of VIP time for each day of downtime, plus 1 additional day. All points and additional time will be granted automatically as soon as our regular service is restored and stable.

Thank you so very much for your patience and understanding during our billing system work!

The important part....

Good luck!

DogMania
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
OMG
I am not paying for a subsciption via paypal so your 2 comments do not apply, I want to buy points or did as the case may be

AZgreentea
02-18-2013, 05:54 PM
OMG
I am not paying for a subsciption via paypal so your 2 comments do not apply, I want to buy points or did as the case may be
Both of mine were not about subscriptions. They were just both about Paypal.

DogMania
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
OK to use Paypal as a payment method for points you have to register your paypal details as people stated above, then change your payment back if not using paypal for a monthly sub

Paryan
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
OMG

Glad the advice offered worked.

mordicai
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah, same problem here. I reregistered my paypal account, but it still gives me the "a error was encountered. Please try again later"

would be nice if this was fixed. I prefer not to use my credit card for games

Surcus1
02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
I used to use my phone to pay for Turbine points, but that option isnt available anymore? Or is it just malfunctioning atm?

Irone
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Same Problem here - updated card details - just get a message saying "There was an error processing your request. Please try again"

UPDATE - used change card, entered details - saved - waited 5 mins. Now working.

emptysands
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Has this problem looked at or ignored? I'm unable to buy Turbine Points at the moment.

Plus I've 15 TP short of buying the Holiday Box and have not received the 250 TP.

AZgreentea
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
OK to use Paypal as a payment method for points you have to register your paypal details as people stated above, then change your payment back if not using paypal for a monthly sub
I haven't had to buy TP yet, but I wanted to check before I did. Do you have to put it on the "Paypal Pre Approval" Tab? There are a couple places to put an address on the account management screen.