PDA

View Full Version : Inspire Excellence

ferrite
02-17-2013, 02:51 AM
I've been thinking of ways to improve this epic feat ever so slightly, while keeping the intent and power in line to what it is now.

http://i.imgur.com/Y6WrAWr.png

Prior version
-----
You can improve the abilities of your comrades through your performance. This song grants a +4 competence bonus to an ability score of your choice to yourself and all allies near you.

Current version
-----
You can improve the abilities of your comrades through your performance. This song grants a +2 competence bonus to all ability scores to yourself and all allies near you.

Suggested New version
-----
You can improve the abilities of your comrades through your performance. This song grants an additional 10% competence bonus to all ability scores to yourself and all allies near you, with a minimum +2 competence bonus.

I think such a change would keep the power of the feat in check for the majority of players it already affects, in addition to providing a bit more noticeable of an effect for those it currently has less of an effect on, which are those with ability scores of 30 and higher.

An example of this, a barbarian with a high 60 strength, or a wizard who has skillfully managed a 50 intelligence hardly feels a +2 bonus at those scores.. however a +6 and +5 bonus respectively, certainly would be felt and most appreciated, and not too overpowered for an epic level bard song that not only takes 15 levels of bard, but also an epic feat slot to acquire.

I think this is reasonable while not being overpowered, and certainly improve the desirability of bards and what they bring to the table with party buffs and fill out the bard's place in an epic level party.

MRMechMan
02-17-2013, 03:18 AM
It's already very, very good and worth taking. It is like a completionist feat for everyone, basically...+2 stats is already very nice.

Bards are still the "best 12th man" in raids and a well build bard is still worth taking in a 6 man group as well.

RobbinB
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
I would suggest breaking the song into two songs. The first gives +3 bonus to mental attributes (int, wis, char), the second gives +3 bonus to physical attributes (con, str, dex). It's the compromise between the old version and the new.

ZeebaNeighba
02-21-2013, 08:44 PM
+3 is pretty annoying (masked ball giving +1 cha is too after its nerf), so it's still a +2 to everyone except maybe the bard because other people can't leave their stats odd expecting a bard in every group.