PDA

View Full Version : Sneak attack bug?

Ishkunfana
02-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Sooo why is it that my multiclass rogues never get sneak attack damage from special attacks while they are stealthed? (Or even when the enemy is focused on anmother toon.)

My Pally/Rogue Smites from stealth never get sneak attack dice.
My Monk/Rogue elemental strikes and Stunning Fists never get sneak attack dice.

What's the deal?

redspecter23
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
If you are stunning a mob and not seeing any sneak attack damage, then something is bugged. I've played numerous monk variants and every singe one, every single time gets sneak damage on stunned mobs (assuming I can bypass his fortification).

I'm not certain that attacking from stealth necessarily leads to sneak damage. It's possible the mob knows your location which would mean it is no longer unaware of your presence by the time you damage him. You would need some insight from a more seasoned rogue vet on this one as I'm not 100% sure.

Ishkunfana
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Regular attacks without aggro are getting me sneak attack dice, but stealthed special; attackes never yield sneak attack dice for me.

Say I am stealthed and successfully stun a mob. That stun yields no sneak attack damage.
The follow up attacks will yield sneak attack dice until the mob can aggro me (or dies.)

Jingwei
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
May be related to the bug there was with assassination and maybe certain shadowdancer abilities, where the regular damage hit first and aggroed the monster on you, preventing them from receiving the assassination/sneak attack related effects.

Ishkunfana
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
That would explain it. Soooo how do I test it for a bug report?