PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of the Crimson Heart runes

Koochulainn
02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Would it be possible to add a spot check for the runes on the skulls (Something like "You spot an unusual carving on a nearby skull")?

Make the check quite high if necessary to ensure that not everyone gets it.

zwiebelring
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Not needed. Press the hotkey for 'next interactable' and you will find the runes. ;)

So, implementing a spot check and using a hotkey to circumvent that spot check was an exploit ;P.

Else, not agrred, these low level quests are difficult enough and trivial in dungeon design. Another annoying skill-rank sink seems unfair to me.

Koochulainn
02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Not needed. Press the hotkey for 'next interactable' and you will find the runes. ;)

So, implementing a spot check and using a hotkey to circumvent that spot check was an exploit ;P.

Else, not agrred, these low level quests are difficult enough and trivial in dungeon design. Another annoying skill-rank sink seems unfair to me.

There would be nothing to stop you using "next interactable" to find them even with this change, it would just be a nice way to use real game mechanics to make the quest less annoying, rather than just spamming backspace.

Aurora1979
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Would it be possible to add a spot check for the runes on the skulls (Something like "You spot an unusual carving on a nearby skull")?

Make the check quite high if necessary to ensure that not everyone gets it.

/signed

I always backspace while running round there and without fail I will clear the whole dungeon and have to back track at least 1 complete run of the map before I find it.

Sneaksie runeses!!

zwiebelring
02-06-2013, 10:29 AM
There would be nothing to stop you using "next interactable" to find them even with this change, it would just be a nice way to use real game mechanics to make the quest less annoying, rather than just spamming backspace.
I don't mind spamming backspace :).

But as a backup mechanic, sure, why not :).

CaptainSpacePony
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I think this is a simple yet excellent suggestion. Those are often the best kind. +1

Qhualor
02-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I dont want to miss the runes and have to back track, so im constantly mashing my backspace button while running through the quest every 1/2 second.

If there was to be some kind of spot check for runes in that quest, might as well do it for everything else in every other quest, like hidden levers, runes, danger alert that mobs are nearby and other things. Not a bad idea, but might as well go through with everything else too.