PDA

View Full Version : U17 Loot in the Auction House

SqueakofDoom
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
My script works! I hope. I'm going to run it over the weekend and put the Epic Elite named items from the U17 quests in the Auction House. (Epic: Madstone Crater, Prison of the Planes, The Crucible, A Cabal for One, Gianthold Tor, Maze of Madness, Trial By Fire, A Cry for Help, Foundation of Discord, and Feast or Famine.)

Smiles,
Squeak

Thrudh
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Whenever I get a complicated script to finally work, I sing... "I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T".

My co-workers thought it was funny the first time. Not so much since then.

Kraki
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Whenever I get a complicated script to finally work, I sing... "I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T".

It's at that point that I generally discover that I've missed an edge condition that I wasn't thinking about.

Kraki

sirgog
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM

A dig at Smrti? He'll love this one if he sees it.

As for singing things repetitively, when I worked in a call centre I used to sing the Smurfs song intermittently as my way to release the crazies.

UurlockYgmeov
02-02-2013, 03:32 PM

usually I am so drunk and wasted on energy drinks that I can't see straight or sleep for a week. (Trick I learned while working at Cray). :D

LeoLionxxx
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM

Love this line, laugh evertime recall it.
I just started a programing cource, and I just Know i'll be doing exactly that.

whereispowderedsilve
02-02-2013, 03:58 PM

As for singing things repetitively, when I worked in a call centre I used to sing the Smurfs song intermittently as my way to release the crazies.

It's a Simpsons reference, specifically Homer Simpson.

This makes sense that you didn't catch it/that cos u guys probably don't get much/watch much Simpsons down under/in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4 <== Here's 1 of many clips u can find :D :P! :)!

Cheers!

sirgog
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
It's a Simpsons reference, specifically Homer Simpson.

This makes sense that you didn't catch it/that cos u guys probably don't get much/watch much Simpsons down under/in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4 <== Here's 1 of many clips u can find :D :P! :)!

Cheers!

Lololololol...

I get a good number of Simpsons references but didn't get this one.

SableShadow
02-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Clever script, Squeak. :)

patang01
02-02-2013, 09:10 PM
My script works! I hope. I'm going to run it over the weekend and put the Epic Elite named items from the U17 quests in the Auction House. (Epic: Madstone Crater, Prison of the Planes, The Crucible, A Cabal for One, Gianthold Tor, Maze of Madness, Trial By Fire, A Cry for Help, Foundation of Discord, and Feast or Famine.)

Smiles,
Squeak

I found several interesting things I could try out(Arti) and some stuff I hadn't seen before like EE Ring of the Djin. Neato.

I'm glad I got to try these out - such as Arching Sky - an interesting item for sure but ultimately not useful in high end content due to the cone. You need to load it all the way up full to get an okay distance. Toven's seems much more useful electric wise in that case. But definately awesome.

Thanks a million for your hard work. The more we can try out the more suggestions and bugs we can help you balance and squash.

irnimnode
02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
All i can say is WOW thank Squeaks for all you have done. Did not expect you to get the stuff in the AH till next week.But you did a great jod in puting it there in less the 1 day thanks to you now all my toon are fully geared :) your AWASOME

Blank_Zero
02-03-2013, 01:03 AM

Duly Noted Numot and Thrudh...

Duly Noted...

Crazy-Freddy
02-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Thank You Squeaks,
Some very nice stuff from what I have seen.

Texlaw1992
02-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey Squeak, for some reason (at least last night) your script did not generate any Epic Helms of the White Dragon. I did want to experiment with that armor set. Much appreciated.

Don1966
02-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey Squeak, for some reason (at least last night) your script did not generate any Epic Helms of the White Dragon. I did want to experiment with that armor set. Much appreciated.

it does, just be patient, they will pop in there. you just gotta watch it closely and refresh the search.

Texlaw1992
02-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I'll log back in and check it out.

Also Squeak, I mentioned this before, but the scroll bar in the AH is missing. I've been unable to scroll down a page for some time now. Please replace it before it goes live, thanks.

Arkat
02-03-2013, 10:23 AM

Also Squeak, I mentioned this before, but the scroll bar in the AH is missing. I've been unable to scroll down a page for some time now. Please replace it before it goes live, thanks.

Use your mouse's scroll wheel.

Crazy-Freddy
02-03-2013, 04:59 PM

Put your mouse cursor in the page area and use the scroll wheel works just fine. Also if you don't come up with a white helm send me a PM here I have one.. That you can get.

Texlaw1992
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Ok, got my epic white dragon helm - love the outfit, though I doubt I'll ever get enough scales to make it on live (my luck in obtaining scales in non-epic GH speaks for itself - I hardly ever got any).

I use a laptop to play the game. The "mouse wheel"is just part of the keypad and doesn't seem to work. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the advice.

Arkat
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok, got my epic white dragon helm - love the outfit, though I doubt I'll ever get enough scales to make it on live (my luck in obtaining scales in non-epic GH speaks for itself - I hardly ever got any).

I use a laptop to play the game. The "mouse wheel"is just part of the keypad and doesn't seem to work. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the advice.

Get one of these...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4164HGfyKGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Corded-Mouse-M125-Silver/dp/B003JZCE7A/ref=sr_1_161?ie=UTF8&qid=1359947054&sr=8-161&keywords=logitech+mouse

Opensezame
02-04-2013, 06:51 AM

Smiles,
Squeak

I havent played all weekend due to family issues... but if you get this to work with other items in game it will stop what happened on friday evening when it came to passing you loot and making good use of event time in the future.

patang01
02-04-2013, 07:12 AM
I havent played all weekend due to family issues... but if you get this to work with other items in game it will stop what happened on friday evening when it came to passing you loot and making good use of event time in the future.

Better yet, if no dev is needed to hand out XP or named loot that can be traded (such as this on the AH) they can spend the events for the btc loot and mats only. That should cut down the need and do more like these last ones where we fight critters for loot. More fun.

And if they can even automate things like mats hand out it would remove the need to fight over stuff.

Ginarrbrik
02-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Smiles,
Squeak

yay! ty ty ty

SqueakofDoom
02-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Better yet, if no dev is needed to hand out XP or named loot that can be traded (such as this on the AH) they can spend the events for the btc loot and mats only.
That's my goal! I still have a couple more that I need to make (U15 and U16 loot as well as Greensteel Ingredients [with some ingredient bags as well]), but I hope this will give me more time to focus events towards other things.

One quick note for the Loot generated from quest chests: Since this is based on how the loot drops from chests, it is rather random (if multiple items drop from the same chest), and I don't have as much control over which items go on the Auction House. If you see a serious imbalance (ie: never see a particular item), send me a PM and I can tweak my script.

I'm also glad to have this worked out for future updates. It will be better to let everyone check out the new loot earlier.

Also, the Auction House bugged scroll bar is being addressed.

Opensezame
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
not sure if the named items expired, but almost nothing on there right now but restored relics and scales.

Pretty please can you re-run your named item script?

Seikojin
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
That's my goal! I still have a couple more that I need to make (U15 and U16 loot as well as Greensteel Ingredients [with some ingredient bags as well]), but I hope this will give me more time to focus events towards other things.

One quick note for the Loot generated from quest chests: Since this is based on how the loot drops from chests, it is rather random (if multiple items drop from the same chest), and I don't have as much control over which items go on the Auction House. If you see a serious imbalance (ie: never see a particular item), send me a PM and I can tweak my script.

I'm also glad to have this worked out for future updates. It will be better to let everyone check out the new loot earlier.

win! win! win! ty! ty! ty!

Did the guide get moved/removed for release/update impending?

patang01
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM

Note that as I checked today the AH is empty on things like scales and named items. Either from player looters or just expired.

SqueakofDoom
02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
My Items! I'm not able to fill the Auction House tonight, but I will add more U17 loot to the Auction House after work on Tuesday.

patang01
02-04-2013, 03:20 PM
My Items! I'm not able to fill the Auction House tonight, but I will add more U17 loot to the Auction House after work on Tuesday.

What do you expect when you sell EE loot for less then a Leaky Dingy swamp rat meal ;)

Saaluta
02-05-2013, 01:49 AM

So, you have to do this after you get off work...+1 to you Squeak :)

Saal :)

UurlockYgmeov
02-05-2013, 01:54 AM
+1 Squeak!

Opensezame
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM

hope its before i go to bed for work... I play UK time so eerything seems to happen late lol

Ginarrbrik
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
yeah I checked yesterday and I couldn't find anything but random gen. glad to know it will be restocked and didn't just get hoarded :) ty squeak

Seikojin
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I sure hope some are left when I check. I keep trying to solo out in gh epic because no one has groups up. Unless anyone has a potionless naked gear build that can solo EE? :D

Ginarrbrik
02-05-2013, 08:32 PM
could you maybe also please put up some tapestries, tome pages, and shield pieces up so we can try out the new necro IV turn-ins? just a thought. thanks :)

and also, about what time do you get out of work? lol

Buttkierownsmade
02-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Squeak when do you think the Guide will be permenant? players are wanting this so baad, and when will the ingredient bags and ingredients go on the auction house?

SqueakofDoom
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Since the Helms from Epic Gianthold Tor go very quickly, I'll increase the loot posted from Epic Gianthold Tor. Unfortunately, I cannot strictly increase the availability of the Helms.

I have finished making scripts to post the Named quest items from the U15 and U16 quests. I will start the Greensteel Ingredients script sometime this week.

I am not sure when The Guide will be permanently placed. It is still an ongoing project.

whiteline
02-06-2013, 10:21 AM
thanks Squeak

Member of Squeaks Army

Opensezame
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Since the Helms from Epic Gianthold Tor go very quickly, I'll increase the loot posted from Epic Gianthold Tor. Unfortunately, I cannot strictly increase the availability of the Helms.

I have finished making scripts to post the Named quest items from the U15 and U16 quests. I will start the Greensteel Ingredients script sometime this week.

I am not sure when The Guide will be permanently placed. It is still an ongoing project.

thank you squeek... went to the AH just now and no helms left! do the scripts have to be manually executed of can you set them to re run every X days/hours/mins/?

could do with a way to get a decent amount of tokens of the twelve to upgrade stuff... I used mine to exchange a true heart of wood when i ran out of TP's lol

artistx
02-06-2013, 12:51 PM
looks like I missed out on the Helms..... still this works out much better than item events...

patang01
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM

There are no helms this time. The only ring I see is the ring of the djinn and the only pair of bracers are the aquatic. All weapons/staffs/runearms seems to be accounted for, belts are okay and only one cloak and 1 pair of boots (but there might only be one).

So either someone bought all other bracers or rings or the script is not delivering them (maybe there was a change to their properties and they're not in this build). BTW - only one pair of goggles - dream vision or whatever.

barecm
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Ya I went in earlier today and they were all already gone... I did a few items though. Anyway we can put commendations added so we can make armors and stuff?

irnimnode
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
to bad commedations are btc with the stuff i picked up at the events i could make the armor on each character as for matchin the helms well that is a bit different just have to keep a watch and maybe i will get lucky .... but at least i gt 2 of them matched up right .....keep up the good work Squeaks this ah script is working out pretty good

Gleep_Wurp
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM

i was able to get most of what i needed for new char because of your scripts.i have been around a long time and tested stuff everytime even back on the risia server.i have to say you have strived to give us what we need to test and you have some great skills!!!!...again great job :)

UurlockYgmeov
02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
awesome Squeak! this labors might not bear immediate fruit - but the future looks bountiful because of.