PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Marks - Crafting Questions

Magic_Emperor
01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I see from wiki that my Drow can't get any but my Dwarf can get one.
Is this correct?

At what level and where can you acquire your Dragon Mark?

I also see humans have four options unlike any other race.
Can they get more than one (all 4???) or must they chose only one?

Also is there a online place where someone listed the formulas for crafting?
(I'm sure there is but I'm just reaching mid-game (level 8) and wanted to start crafting and could use all the info I can get...)

And the same question as regards to trap making.

TY in advance.

HungarianRhapsody
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Humans can get the Dragonmark of Making (the Dragonmark that grants bonuses to crafting). Other races can get Dragonmarks, but only Humans can get the Dragonmark of Making.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonmarks

You will get quite a bit more bang for your buck by leveling up in crafting and then taking the Dragonmarks of Making *after* you have picked up a bunch of the cheap, early crafting levels.

Edit: Here is the page for Cannith crafting on the DDO wiki.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting
Cannith crafting is great for making twink items for leveling up to 20, but there really isn't anything that's very exciting for when you actually do reach the level cap and have started to accumulate some nice gear.

Magic_Emperor
01-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Yes, I saw those two pages.
Is there a level requirement to open the Dragon Mark quest.
I must have missed that npc...

And did somebody compile a complete crafting list, the exact formulas for every prefix/suffix etc etc... and put it online?

cru121
01-29-2013, 01:50 AM
yup, there are many crafting resources. start e.g. by looking at the external links section of ddowiki article of cannith crafting
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting#External_links

there's also a crafting subforum on these forums
http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158

FuzzyDuck81
01-29-2013, 02:10 AM
The dragon mark quest can be done by anyone, its just west of the marketplace auctionhouse, and its solo only so can't be in a group.

Once you've done it once, any character of yours on that server can take dragonmarks - also, any character that completes it gets a free feat swap at Fred in house J.

Magic_Emperor
01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
OK about crafting;

What's the big difference between unbound bound when it comes to XP?

Which should you begin with then when should you start doing the other?

Or does it matter at all?

HungarianRhapsody
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
OK about crafting;

What's the big difference between unbound bound when it comes to XP?

Which should you begin with then when should you start doing the other?

Or does it matter at all?

You should shoot for whatever is between 50% and 90% success and has the lowest cost in essences. That "target" recipe will bounce back and forth between bound and unbound constantly as you level your character, so just keep your eyes on what recipes are available in each of the two altars as you level your crafting.

Magic_Emperor
01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Oh wow.
I went to craft some things and all the options are 100% (54 or so pages all level 1 recipes even though some of them yield items that one would have to be level 14 to wear).

My crafting levels are 3 2 and 4 just from decomposing some drops in chests.

How does one get higher level recipes or do they just come as you level your crafting skills?

HungarianRhapsody
01-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh wow.
I went to craft some things and all the options are 100% (54 or so pages all level 1 recipes even though some of them yield items that one would have to be level 14 to wear).

My crafting levels are 3 2 and 4 just from decomposing some drops in chests.

How does one get higher level recipes or do they just come as you level your crafting skills?
Click the Next Page button to browse through the recipes.

You can also filter the levels to be only recipes that are 5 to 10 levels above your crafting level so you don't have ot bother with the recipes that won't do you any good.

Magic_Emperor
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
The level range says 1 to 1 and when I try to change it it says this device has no recipes outside this level range (1 to 1).

Do I have to raise my level some before more recipes become available?

WielderofGigantus
01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
You're on the wrong crafting device. Go to one of the alcoves with a diamond above it. Should say "Shard Crafter" or similar. That's where you make the shards. The crafting device you are at is where you put the shards onto the items.

Magic_Emperor
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Ah yes.
Now I feel like a total N00B.
It's the shards that are are level dependent.
I was looking at the end items.
:rolleyes:

Now it's all beginning to make sense.

FestusHood
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM
I personally find this site to be very easy to use and helpful to see cannith crafting recipes.

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

When you want to craft some shards to level up, just open your bag and pull out a stack of any of the greater essences and stick them in the machine. This will give you all the recipes you can craft using that essence type. Generally the ones you will be looking for are on the last page available. You don't need to put in the exact amount, just use the whole stack, the machine will only use what is necessary.

My experience with the current ingredient costs is that the unbound shards are nearly always the better choice for leveling. After you make the shards take them to the deconstruction machine to get some of your essences back.

Another thing i do is to put all of the greater essences into the tiny bag you get from the crafting tutorial guy. It has 12 slots, and there are 12 greater essences so it works out nicely. Be sure to visit the patron in the area called the twelve to get the next size, the small ingredient bag. The patron is just inside the tower door, to the left. This will hold all of your lesser essences and crafting materials, with some room left for some other stuff such as trap parts, or cannith challenge ingredients.

As far as trapmaking goes, there are not too many recipes for that, just open the trapmaking device and have a look.

Magic_Emperor
01-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Argh I already bought the small ingredients bag...

I see how it works.

You make shards to level then smash them back down.
You don't actually craft items until your level is high enough to make something that isn't a joke.

FestusHood
01-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Argh I already bought the small ingredients bag...

I see how it works.

You make shards to level then smash them back down.
You don't actually craft items until your level is high enough to make something that isn't a joke.

Don't feel bad, i bought the small bag for my first couple of characters too, before i found out about the free one.

Yes, level up until you can make something that you actually might want to lose. One of the best things about crafting is being able to put a useful prefix and suffix on the same item. The 2 effects add together to determine the potential, and therefore the minimum level to use of the item. For reference, the general formula is 2 times the potential minus one to determine the minimum level. The potential can be found in the upper right corner of a shard or an item. Named items don't have a potential rating, but random and crafted items do.

FestusHood
01-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Another tip i might give you is to search for bane and save shards in the machine. There are many types of lesser bane shards, and save shards for the individual saves. These are always cheap material wise. You can get through the lower levels almost entirely just crafting these types of shards.

The next ones that appear which are always cheap are the spell power shards. The permanent sp types and then the ones that give the temporary boost.

Magic_Emperor
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Unrelated and not wanting to start a new thread for such a narrow question...

Where the heck is the "Deneith Ward"?
There are some collectors that are suppose to be there but I can't find the place.
I assumed it was connected to the House Deneith area somehow but couldn't find a building or exit to any "Deneith Ward".
I must of missed it or maybe it's only accessible to higher level characters?

cdbd3rd
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Unrelated and not wanting to start a new thread for such a narrow question...

Where the heck is the "Deneith Ward"?
There are some collectors that are suppose to be there but I can't find the place.
I assumed it was connected to the House Deneith area somehow but couldn't find a building or exit to any "Deneith Ward".
I must of missed it or maybe it's only accessible to higher level characters?

Look up at/near the top of the Tower, north side of House D. You kinda run up the side of the hill around the tower, iirc.

Magic_Emperor
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Dang, jokes on me.
The Ward is apparently a myth created by the game when sorting your items and on wiki.
All seven collectors from Deneith and the "Deneith Ward" are right there in plain old Deneith.

I've been spending all my time crafting in House K and questing in House P (Tangleroot Gorge - Phiarlan Carnival - Necropolis Part 1) I'm not familiar with the layout of the other Districts yet.

But with Delera's Tomb and Sentinels of Stormreach next on my list after Three Barrel Cove, I'll finally get some quality time in House J and D.
:cool: