PDA

View Full Version : New Stone of Change Ritual

InsanityIsYourFriend
01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Maybe

combine a Weak Soul Gem: (we will use giant as an example) Weak Giant, Soul Gem: Giant, and a Soul Gem: Strong Giant (you may use a stronger version as a substitute for a weaker version)
Outcome: A Soul Gem: Giant Summoning
Consumable: Effect: Summon Random Giant
Summons a Giant from CR 2 ogre all the way up to say a CR 30 Frost Giant. 5-10 minute duration.

You could do this with all types of soul gems, and the higher the teir of monster that is summons the higher its CR.

You can not summon any creature that is named only (pit fiends)

For races that are singular (human elf ect) then it chooses CR and then it chooses class type.

Reasons for Turbine to implement: Omnispell Stones will sell more often. Soul Gems will have more use than cannith crafting. It would have the potential of increasing the power level of summons (but not overly surpass current power level due to low CR chances) It would increase reasons for people to use Trap the Soul.

bigolbear
01-25-2013, 06:51 AM
very cool idea.

/signed.

The CR of the summon, should probly be around your character lvl, as this stops them being over/underpowered.

Mastikator
01-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Craftable clickies = yes please

/signed

karlbadmanners
01-25-2013, 05:39 PM
/signed

whereispowderedsilve
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Signed! Great idea! :P! :)! Good pros!

Ebforest60
01-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Cool idea Ze, but in the giant example there might be some issue with height and dungeons. Certainly worth investigating which monsters it WOULD work for though.

I think it sounds win/win.

InsanityIsYourFriend
01-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Cool idea Ze, but in the giant example there might be some issue with height and dungeons.

I think it sounds win/win.

*snip*

OKAY! in DDO now there are places you can summon something that doesnt fit, or charm something that doesnt fit through later doors (with dominate i mean)
With this it would be just like those. they get stuck until they are able to move (via teleporting to you)

but yes i agree that the size of these giants would be rather hard in places like water works (lol)