PDA

View Full Version : Higher Wilderness Areas - How do I get there?

stefferweffer
01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
I am trying to get to Orchard of the Macabre. I was in Gianthold and used Greater Teleport to go there, because i wanted to check that area out. On this particular character though I have NEVER been to Necro before this. So I went to the upper Necro area, and I could see the spot on the map for the Orchard, but I saw no way to get there. Am I missing something? I looked at WIKI and it is no help. It just shows where it is on the map. Are there quests that I have to do before I get access to the Orchard?

I went to Shavarath. That was interesting, and pretty challenging at a couple parts.

I also went to the Subterranea for the first time last night (with my level 20 Arti). It said that this wilderness area is for raids, so I could not summon a hireling? I proceeded onward. WOW. Those things down there are super deadly. I finally squeaked out 10 kills, saw the pathetic XP, and left. I assume that area is not intended to be soloed?

Thanks again for your help.

madmaxhunter
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Orchard - go to House P, go to Necropolis, talk to the teleport girl by the wall opening. She'll take you to upper Necro (you can also just run to the north end of Necropolis, the gate there goes to upper). In upper Necro, look at the map, there will be an asterisk for Orchard.

Edit: you know how to get to the zone, you have to run around the stairs, it's a zig zag. It's confusing, just run around until you find the gate. If you can make it to the Ascension Chamber raid entrance just go to the right of that door. You'll jump of a platform and there will be a path to the right of that building.

Sub is like the last two Cannith explorer areas. They are built for raid parties only. No scaling. I'm a completionist and don't bother with those areas.

rimble
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Orchard is up behind the big temple in the Necropolis. Run (or teleport) to the far side, then run up and around the giant mausoleum. There will be gates around back on the right side.

cdr
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I am trying to get to Orchard of the Macabre. I was in Gianthold and used Greater Teleport to go there, because i wanted to check that area out. On this particular character though I have NEVER been to Necro before this. So I went to the upper Necro area, and I could see the spot on the map for the Orchard, but I saw no way to get there. Am I missing something? I looked at WIKI and it is no help. It just shows where it is on the map. Are there quests that I have to do before I get access to the Orchard?

The path is just a little confusing. In the Upper Necropolis, you have to go up the hill in front of the Black Mausoleum, then around it to the right and then north. There you'll find the gate to the orchard.

I also went to the Subterrane for the first time last night (with my level 20 Arti). It said that this wilderness area is for raids, so I could not summon a hireling? I proceeded onward. WOW. Those things down there are super deadly. I finally squeaked out 10 kills, saw the pathetic XP, and left. I assume that area is not intended to be soloed?

The Subterrane is the most challenging explorer area in the game. It's far more challenging than any of the supposedly "epic" areas in faerun. It's easy enough to solo, though, if you can self-heal. It has some pretty interesting/crazy stuff in it.

jbleargh
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Subterrane is worth exploring, imho. It is fun and you can trade the Planar Shards (found in treasure bags from dead monsters) for a Large Collectibles Bag.

One of the most dangerous things is the gang of living spells at the entrance. You can skip it by jumping with feather fall straight to the tunnel on the right.

Before MotU it was very hard to solo. Now it is not difficult if have some form of self-healing, but there is still some challenge like the beholder reunion rare encounter.

nibel
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
One of the most dangerous things is the gang of living spells at the entrance. You can skip it by jumping with feather fall straight to the tunnel on the right.

However, if you are going to get the explorer points, one of them is right at the bottom of the first room. And then you have to climb back up fighting living spells.

Hint: Look at your arcane level 2 spell list. There is something there that make short work of the living spells.