PDA

View Full Version : Epic Augments - don't they work or is that just me?

Necromisiek
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
I've tried to use augment bought form 12 lava guy (Lahar I think) on some Epic Items. After I've double clicked the diamond barter shop has displayed all right, but no Epic Item has been deemed fit to get the augment. It was +6 Con, so it should fit slot of any colour. I've tried get it on Epic Brawns Spirit, Epic Souleater and Epic Fury of the Flame, but all attempts have failed. And yes, those items have empty slots, and I've chosen recipes of proper colour.

Is that system not working yet or did I do something wrong?

Feather_of_Sun
01-19-2013, 03:04 PM
You need to place your old Epic items in the Altar of Epic Rituals with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments to perform the Cleansing Ritual first- this will update it with the new slots.

voodoogroves
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Any chance that could work for other turn-in items?

Scarab, Tome, Shield of Legends, Taps, etc.?

Zerkul
01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
You need to place your old Epic items in the Altar of Epic Rituals with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments to perform the Cleansing Ritual first- this will update it with the new slots.
For me it's impossible to perform this ritual in the Epic Altar using the Alchemical D-Axe. Therefore is impossible to slot it with the new augment types.

Feather_of_Sun
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
For me it's impossible to perform this ritual in the Epic Altar using the Alchemical D-Axe. Therefore is impossible to slot it with the new augment types.

Thanks for pointing this out-
I've investigated this, and it seems Alchemical crafted items from the Lord of Blades/Master Artificer raids have never had a cleansing ritual recipe to empty their augment slot. It appears to be an oversight from when the raid was first made.

I'm making Cleansing Ritual recipes for these items now.

SableShadow
01-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I've investigated this, and it seems Alchemical crafted items from the Lord of Blades/Master Artificer raids have never had a cleansing ritual recipe to empty their augment slot. It appears to be an oversight from when the raid was first made.

Dude, it's the weekend.

We don't always agree, but put down a couple cold ones and watch some Fringe or something already. :D

sirgog
01-19-2013, 06:21 PM

Will these remember the upgrades applied? I'd really want to see these recipes tested, as there's 512 different possible Alchemical upgrade paths for each weapon type.

Edit: Particularly as the most popular alchemical item to make nowadays is probably an 'unusual path' combination with martial air, martial water, mystical earth on wraps for Clonk types.

Feather_of_Sun
01-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Will these remember the upgrades applied? I'd really want to see these recipes tested, as there's 512 different possible Alchemical upgrade paths for each weapon type.

Edit: Particularly as the most popular alchemical item to make nowadays is probably an 'unusual path' combination with martial air, martial water, mystical earth on wraps for Clonk types.

How people had crafted their Alchemical item won't be relevant. The recipe is just looking for the base Alchemical item with an old red augment slot, or any of the possible old epic augments that could have replaced it- then it removes those, and puts on the new red slot.

sirgog
01-19-2013, 07:19 PM
How people had crafted their Alchemical item won't be relevant. The recipe is just looking for the base Alchemical item with an old red augment slot, or any of the possible old epic augments that could have replaced it- then it removes those, and puts on the new red slot.

OK, good. Just raised that because most augment recipes destroy the old item and create a new copy.

Will it reapply +6 if +7 is removed?

Seikojin
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Awesome dedication Feather!