PDA

View Full Version : joining a party

JPGR
01-19-2013, 05:19 AM
Hello all,
This is my firs toon, 1st life. Level 22 pure AA Ranger, level 4 Shiradi currently. Recently became VIP so I have access to all content, just not flagged for everything yet. Been solo exclusively, but would like to begin joining parties so as to 1- survive higher diff epic quests, 2- access to epic items, 3 - learn from others/ become a better player/ broaden my experience. Questions:
1 Dont have a mic - should I get one? How important?
2 Would joining a guild be more appropriate to learn the ins and outs of running with a party vs. PUGs?

Im on Thelanis

thanks

EllisDee37
01-19-2013, 05:47 AM
1 Dont have a mic - should I get one? How important?When you first start partying? Not important at all. Maybe down the line you might find you want one, but it's certainly not a barrier to entry into the pugging scene.

2 Would joining a guild be more appropriate to learn the ins and outs of running with a party vs. PUGs?Well, I'd use pugs as a means to identify a guild you'd like to be a part of.

Blue100000005
01-19-2013, 07:22 AM
and if you are on argonessen i would be happy to run with you, and guild invite if you would like.

bartharok
01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
You wont need a mic ever, unless you want it. It may be useful in a zerg party, because typing questions leaves you behind.
Joining PUGs is the best way to learn, because you never know what kind of party youre joining. PUGging is also a good way to join guilds, and finding out more about the members of a guild before joining it.

Mr_Ed7
01-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Hello all,
This is my firs toon, 1st life. Level 22 pure AA Ranger, level 4 Shiradi currently. Recently became VIP so I have access to all content, just not flagged for everything yet. Been solo exclusively, but would like to begin joining parties so as to 1- survive higher diff epic quests, 2- access to epic items, 3 - learn from others/ become a better player/ broaden my experience. Questions:
1 Dont have a mic - should I get one? How important?
2 Would joining a guild be more appropriate to learn the ins and outs of running with a party vs. PUGs?

Im on Thelanis

thanks

1 yes
2 yes

Mr_Ed7
01-19-2013, 07:57 AM
You wont need a mic ever
You also don't need a cell-phone....
but...

Propane
01-19-2013, 09:30 AM
If you plan on leading many pugs - I would get a mic.
Using voice for simple instructions - stop - trap - go left - etc make things go alot better-

Even if you don't lead - a mic make thing go soo much better - when stuff gets hetic - people don't have the time to type - don't see party chat...

A simple Logitech headset / mic will set you back about $15...

Happy hunting :)

Ryiah
01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
don't see party chat...

This. If all of my friends, I tend to run with a semi-static group that randomly picks up one or two pugs, are in voice I will tend to skip over party chat a good portion of the time. Also I can't begin to count the number of times I've died/fallen (usually into lava) while typing despite a high typing speed.