PDA

View Full Version : the george effect

arkonas
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Is it just me, but whether it was in quests or slayer most of the monsters had that duh effect going on? they didnt know which way george went look on their face. Some would die before they even knew what was going on.

the other thing is Could we please have shrines added outside madstone crater area since there are mobs there now.

Ginarrbrik
01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Is it just me, but whether it was in quests or slayer most of the monsters had that duh effect going on? they didnt know which way george went look on their face. Some would die before they even knew what was going on.

the other thing is Could we please have shrines added outside madstone crater area since there are mobs there now.

It wasnt just you. I noticed it too. I was on my cleric and my guildie was on his arti so we werent always right to the mobs, but they were still extremely slow to react.

Hellllboy
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
There were a number of Giants that would spawn and not engage me-I would knock them down to about 10-15% health and it seemed like they would wake up.

Grosbeak07
01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
I noticed this too, they were not quite unresponsive, but just dumb.

I bug reported it.

Nibor
01-17-2013, 12:01 PM
I've seen this - to me it was like they were VERY slow to alert at times. In some cases, only one mob would alert from a pack, and I'd just attack him down where he stood, and the others would just stand next to him doing nothing. After the first mob went down, usually the rest would "wake up" and alert.

On the other hand, sometimes mobs in the wilderness area seem to alert from far enough away that you're about one step from the white-dot rubberband point. I haven't quite gotten to a point where i can have a mob alert, walk over to me, rubber band, then alert again, but it feels pretty close. Either the rubber-band distance or the alert distance needs tweaking.

Glenalth
01-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I've seen this - to me it was like they were VERY slow to alert at times. In some cases, only one mob would alert from a pack, and I'd just attack him down where he stood, and the others would just stand next to him doing nothing. After the first mob went down, usually the rest would "wake up" and alert.

On the other hand, sometimes mobs in the wilderness area seem to alert from far enough away that you're about one step from the white-dot rubberband point. I haven't quite gotten to a point where i can have a mob alert, walk over to me, rubber band, then alert again, but it feels pretty close. Either the rubber-band distance or the alert distance needs tweaking.

It almost seems like there was some sort of timer on them. If you just walk up to the giants and sit still for a bit they seem to take the same amount of time to activate that they do when you start attacking them.

Draxis
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Yep! AI is definitely bugged. My arti was able to sail through all the flagging quests EH because he just stood back and took out one mob at a time while the other's stood around with blank expressions.

Meanwhile, some giants in the explorer's area will spot you from 20 miles away and make it their mission to end you by whatever means necessary.

Also, lots of sleeping / sitting / loitering mobs are untargetable and won't engage you even while you're downing their friends left and right. You have to implicitly run up to within a few feet of them.

DemonStorm333
01-19-2013, 09:48 AM
While not all the giants will engage right away dragons on the other hand seem to be right there when walk to their chests every time I got close to one of their chests they would drop right onto my monks head