PDA

View Full Version : What greensteel repeater for my artificer

blackdrowarcanenuts
01-14-2013, 08:12 AM
What greensteel repeater shall i make for my arti level 21 lit2 or min2 or earth grab or pos 3 for tr and endgame any suggestions thanks :)

madmaxhunter
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
I love my LitII, great for running older epics. But, there are some in the new content who are immune to electricity. The swing may be back to MinII or even Rad. IMO, if you are planning on TRing, LitII is still the way to go

Charononus
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Lit2 or ooze seem to work the best from what I've seen. No need for min2 with a arti

blackdrowarcanenuts
01-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Lit2 or ooze seem to work the best from what I've seen. No need for min2 with a arti

thanks a lot and how do i boost my rune arm damage am using lucid dreams does impulse item helps ?

Gkar
01-14-2013, 08:30 AM

I agree that Lit2 is "IT" for L1-20.

MinII is a total waste on an arti as you can already bypass DR with a combination of spells and bolt types on any cbow.

A lot of Lit immune stuff in FR Epics. Now that comes and goes with time so maybe it won't always be that way.

I have a Tripple Positive repeater that I use as an undead killer while levelling and that also seems to pick up the Epic stuff that matters that is lightning immune.

Some of the random loot gen L21+ stuff can be kind of nice too for epics.

Earth grab isn't the highest DPS going, but its fun when it triggers and its cheap to make. Sometimes fun is hard to beat :) Plus the built in pet isn't bad at lower levels.

Gkar
01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
thanks a lot and how do i boost my rune arm damage am using lucid dreams does impulse item helps ?

Check this out:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Rune_Arm#Increasing_Rune_Arm_damage

Feralthyrtiaq
01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
All the above mentioned GS RHXBows are fine choices but you might also consider and Ash II weapon.

Fire/Negative/AshII

or

Negative/Fire/AshII

AshII is 5% chance on hit to drain 1-4 levels which is very handy for tougher content.

blackdrowarcanenuts
01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Check this out:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Rune_Arm#Increasing_Rune_Arm_damage

thanks alot for quick response a lit2 and pos3 repeater but what repeater gs will be good in underdark area i got whole set of 10 larges dont want to waste them

Loriac
01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
thanks alot for quick response a lit2 and pos3 repeater but what repeater gs will be good in underdark area i got whole set of 10 larges dont want to waste them

At epic levels, the new loot gen stuff is probably better than LitII.

Annihilating of pure good for example (which isn't even the best combination, but is fairly easy to get hold of) is going to work on most things, and is better damage vs. lightning immune, and about the same vs. other mobs - the additional shocking damage on LitII is offset vs. 0.5w extra on the epic xbow imo.

If it was me, I'd make the LitII as that is far better for levelling up to 20, and then change over to an epic xbow.

Pank
01-14-2013, 09:00 AM
For some sort of CC at epic levels, you can get a Doublecross Bow (lvl 17 if i am not mistaken), that can be made epic, and/or a Slaver's Hand. They both work wonders with IPS. And deal some nice damage (not to write home about, though).
Other than that I would craft a Lit2, and get some random lootgen, smiting, electric inmune mobs, etc.
For undead get the Silver Slinger and try to make it epic.

MnaSidhe
01-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Earth grab isn't the highest DPS going, but its fun when it triggers and its cheap to make. Sometimes fun is hard to beat :) Plus the built in pet isn't bad at lower levels.

I loved my Earthgrab repeater.... plus improved precise shot and Giants! :)

dunklezhan
01-14-2013, 09:39 AM
I find, L1-20, that a simple screaming of bleeding is probably the most universally effective weapon on an arti, as they can usually overcome most DR one way or another with spells if they need to.

I made a lit2, and have run 2 arti lives with it. In the vale and amrath, it kicks amazing donkey, but loads of stuff in menechtarun desert is resistant or immune to it, as is anywhere else you find gnolls (which includes vale actually). Then there's anything which is an 'animal' or neutral alignment - won't take the holy damage. I have actually found myself just doing a mighty [DR-reduced base]+ 1d6 pure good damage against some enemies.

But honestly, very little is resistant to sonic damage (and the stuff that is tends to be things golems which a Lit2 is potentially doubly useless against anyway due to the lack of holy damage against them), and pretty much everything except undead and golems takes bleeding.

It is actually more effective (L1-20) to carry a screaming of bleeding (which with no '+' on the weapon is ML3 when crafted and an arti doesn't need a '+' on a xbow due to summon arrows scaling with level) and swap to smiters and undead banes, than it is to bother with the Lit2. I found myself swapping it out just far too often for the ingredients and time investment in making it. What it is excellent for is devil beating. In Amrath it is unbe-frickin-leivably useful. But that's about 3 levels of content. And a holy of pure good with a silver enchant will do the job just fine.

In hindsight, I think I should've got a Min2 - at least that way when I *need* a DR breaker I know I'll have one 90% of the time, and won't need to swap out deadly weapons or whatever.

My arti was the first character I had with a lit2 - I made it specially on the previous life in readiness after hearing of their "amazing" DPS. Imagine my surprise to take it into Gianthold and not find it measurably better in terms of kill speed than the screaming of bleeding i'd been using since L3. I was sorely disappointed when I pulled it out of the bank at L12 on my arti life. I honestly wish I'd used the ingredients for equipment instead.

At L20+ (or 18+ on elite) is when I started to notice the difference. Everything other than that, on normal, my screaming of bleeding took just as many shots with a repeater to drop it's target as the Lit2 did. I daresay the lit2 DOES do more damage, but if the mob dies part way through the 2nd burst or at the end of the 2nd burst, you've still shot as many crossbow bolts, y'know? Post L20, I'd echo other posters - some of the lootgen or named higher level xbows will still serve you as well or better than a Lit2. Plus some of the lootgen means there's a theoretical chance of a [whatever the improved version of screaming is I can't remember right now] of Lacerating. Which is a Screaming of Bleeding on steroids.

Really. Don't bother. Make yourself a HP and a Smoke item instead, you'll get more use out of the earth elemental summons as an aggro magnet from the HP item than you will the Lit2 in my view.

Plus, a ML3 (possibly 5 unbound actually) screaming of bleeding is ridiculously easy to make. If you're on argo drop me a PM and I'll make you the shards.

cdr
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
My personal favorite is VacuumII (trap the soul). Not everyone's cup of tea, but with the attack speed of repeaters it goes off all the time and even up into Epic Hard not much is going to save on it. Plus it can slowly pay for itself if you farm some of the crafting gems and put them up on the AH.

VacuumII wouldn't be my first choice for someone low level (I'd start with LitII and/or RadII) but since you're already level 20 it wouldn't be bad at all.

QuantumFX
01-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Positive III. I found it to be more useful than Lightning II while leveling. (Especially in undead heavy quests.) And, you still have a use for it at levels 20-25. Lightning II is still nice for Shroud/VoD/ToD. But, how often are you running those nowadays?

Your endgame hotness is going to be Needle.

rest
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I made a dust 2 on my arti. Personal preference.

Gkar
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Anyone else read this type of thread and think "oh that sounds fun", "hey that's a good idea", and want to go out and craft 3 or 4 new ones just to try them?

rest
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Anyone else read this type of thread and think "oh that sounds fun", "hey that's a good idea", and want to go out and craft 3 or 4 new ones just to try them?
Unfortunately no, because my arti has been in the crafting hall permanently since she hit 20... over a year ago :(