PDA

View Full Version : Fully Interactable Environment

Mr_Ed7
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
DDO has some very rich environments.

At times one can just spend time immersed in the environment.
If you have a high jump skill, you may even want to interact with this environment as fully as possible.

Characters should be able to leap upon every canopy and climb every tree.
Several canopies in the Market & the Harbor are visually apparent but a character passes right through them.

The large tree for example in the middle of Eveningstar, that would be great if you could see a bunch of characters bouncing from limb to limb.

Just a suggestion.

shadereaper33
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
This would require a LOT of work on the physics side of the house, as well as the actual dimensions of the various zones in question. Not saying that it would be impossible, or even overly difficult, but it would be a lot of work and testing involved for something that most of player base likely wouldn't even know existed. Personally, I think that dev and QA time is better spent elsewhere, sorry.

/not signed.

soulaeon
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
No. For the reasons stated.
DDO has enough performance issues (that are totally unrelated to DDO, wink wink) so a more graphically intensive game would cause too many more issues to be resolved.

TrinityTurtle
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the idea is cute in a very Aladdin type way, but I don't think it would really add anything to the play experience beyond a moment's distraction jumping on a few things.

fco-karatekid
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
DDO has some very rich environments.

At times one can just spend time immersed in the environment.
If you have a high jump skill, you may even want to interact with this environment as fully as possible.

Characters should be able to leap upon every canopy and climb every tree.
Several canopies in the Market & the Harbor are visually apparent but a character passes right through them.

The large tree for example in the middle of Eveningstar, that would be great if you could see a bunch of characters bouncing from limb to limb.

Just a suggestion.

I sorta agree with you - nothing torques me more than seeing a rock ledge in Gianthold that's within my jump height, and realizing there's some invisible wall preventing me navigating that rock.

BUT it's too late now - that would be a huge undertaking.