PDA

View Full Version : Human Healing Amp and Toughness Enhancements

hideyoshi1973
01-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I am wondering what folks' thoughts are taking all three tiers of healing amp for humans. I generally take all the toughness enhancements available, but am having trouble doing that when taking all the healing amp and trying to qualify for my prestige enhancements. My thought is that it might be worth sacrificing either the last tier of healing amp or the last tier of toughness enhancements to max the other. What do you all think?

Mastikator
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I usually just take the first 2 Heal amp and only 1 or 2 racial toughness enhancements.

FuzzyDuck81
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
If its only 1 of the 2, i'd say go healing amp - i normally don't go further than the 1st 2 tiers of toughness, as thats 20hp for only 3AP, whereas you then need an extra 5 or 7 AP (depending on whether u took the con boost as standard or greater versatility, plus the 3 for the 3rd tier) for another +10, which IMO is way too high cost vs. benefit.

Naturally this doesnt take into account the extra HP if that +1 con is sticking you at an even number for more HPs, but even then i'd say its still better to just take that alone.

Lonnbeimnech
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Heal amp multiplies with other heal amp, rather than add. So If you have other sources...

for example, a monk with 3 ranks of monk heal amp, 10% 20% 30% heal amp items and 25% from sun stance and 3 pally past lives,

With 2 ranks of human heal amp has 423% heal amp. a csw pot would hit for 84 instead of 20
With 3 ranks of human heal amp has 521% heal amp. a csw pot would hit for 104 instead of 20

on the other hand, if you are a pure fighter with no other sources of heal amp a csw pot goes from 24 points at 20% amp to 26 points at 30% amp, which imo is not worth 6ap.

unbongwah
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
The answer is "it depends" - primarily on your total HPs and how many other sources of heal amp you have. When you're leveling, an extra 10 or 20 HPs might actually be a life-or-death difference, particularly if you're playing a low-HP class; when you're in epic levels and already have, say, well over 400 HPs, there's probably better uses for your APs than extra Toughness enhs. Likewise, early on, a single CCW might be all you need to fully heal yourself and extra heal amp is overkill; OTOH, by epics an extra 10% heal amp might be the difference between being fully & partially healed by Heal spells, esp. if you're a tank (which is part of why humans & HEs are the preferred races for tanking these days).

Since you didn't even mention what your class was, it's difficult to give specific advice. Still, as a general rule, I favor percentage boosts over flat bonuses the higher I level, so in the long run I would put more into heal amp than Toughness. [Unless you're playing a Pale Master, in which case ignore everything I said about heal amp. :)]

Vazok1
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
only take first two toughness and take all 3 healing amp, amp is a better cost:benefit ratio than 10hp for 5-7ap

EllisDee37
01-06-2013, 03:00 PM
only take first two toughness and take all 3 healing amp, amp is a better cost:benefit ratio than 10hp for 5-7apYep, this.

Max your healing amp and just go with toughness II, with the same caveats as others have covered.

Jasparion
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Yep, this.

Max your healing amp and just go with toughness II, with the same caveats as others have covered.

Id agree as well. Toughness II, Healing Amp II (or III if you have the points spare). But really it is only worth heavily investing in Healing Amp if you have many sources. Paladin past lives, Monk, 10%, 20%, 30% from items, Ship Altar, etc.

AbyssalMage
01-06-2013, 04:54 PM
What class?
I think that is the most important. Some classes are AP starved (Artificer) and others (PM mainly) don't benefit a whole lot with it (unless the description is wrong).
But I like the general rule posted above, 2 x Toughness and 3 x Healing Amp.