PDA

View Full Version : Artificer enhancements questions

stefferweffer
12-31-2012, 08:28 AM
My Artificer is now 19, about 3 ranks away from 20. Right now the 3 level 6 spells I run with are Detonation, Blade Barrier, and Deadly Weapons. At 20 I will add Reconstruct. I am using Repair Critical Damage to heal myself right now. I will also be taking the Empower feat at 20.

Because of this, I have been putting enhancement points into Force (maxed out at 7), and Repair (at 5 right now). I think I also added one point to Fire.

But once I get Reconstruct at 20, with the ability to Empower and/or Maximize it, I'm thinking that I won't need points in Repair anymore. Wouldn't those 5 points in Repair magic be better spent elsewhere, like Fire/Acid/Lightning, etc?

Thanks for your advice.

Matuse
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM
The flaw in this argument is that you cannot Empower/Maximize Reconstruct, just like they don't work on Heal/Mass Heal.

stefferweffer
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow. Since I had never cast it before now I did not know this. Guess I need to buff Repair then :)

Thanks for letting me know.

CThruTheEgo
12-31-2012, 10:14 AM
I'd go 1/0/0 in repair and 7/6/6 in force. Recon hits for plenty so you don't need to invest much in the repair line. Max force line makes for some very deadly blade barriers and blasts from lucid dreams. Check out the build in my sig for the enhancements if you're interested.

EDIT: I would only bother investing in the other elemental lines if you consistently use a rune arm of that element.