PDA

View Full Version : Running DDO well, buuuut....

CunningPlan
12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Good morning and Happy Holidays,

Unlike the LOTRO Beta, I've been able to get DDO up and running on my Mac.

For reference, I'm running Mountain Lion on an early 2012 MacBook Pro 15, 8 GB RAM and (if it matters) a 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT (one of those hybrid drives). I'm able to logon and get to (and play) my Ranger on Amonessen, but if I try and roll a new one, I get all the way through, but I can't input a name for my character. Therefore, I'm stuck in the Character Generator. Has anyone had that problem?

Kaytis
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Good morning and Happy Holidays,

Unlike the LOTRO Beta, I've been able to get DDO up and running on my Mac.

For reference, I'm running Mountain Lion on an early 2012 MacBook Pro 15, 8 GB RAM and (if it matters) a 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT (one of those hybrid drives). I'm able to logon and get to (and play) my Ranger on Amonessen, but if I try and roll a new one, I get all the way through, but I can't input a name for my character. Therefore, I'm stuck in the Character Generator. Has anyone had that problem?

Try hitting command-H to hide the app then bring it back forward. That fixes it for me when the game is running. I do not know if that will fix the character creation screen though.

RaidMR
01-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I had that problem too, but I assumed that I just couldn't create a character in Lam so I used the character copier link to transfer a few of my toons. I will try the cmd+H thing to see if that works though.