PDA

View Full Version : New way to post auctions

fork_aka_spoon
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm just suggesting this idea because when I was trying to put an item on the auction house today, it equipped automatically, although I only clicked it once, and it was a bound to character on equip item. So I'm wondering if maybe there could be just a simple command to put items on the auction house instead of having to have the risk of this type of thing happening. This probably seems silly, and this is the first time I've had this happen out of thousands of auctions I've posted, but it's quite an inconvenience since I have no use for the item that is now bound to my character.

OR

Just get rid of items that bind to character on equip, especially random generated items, I see no reason for them to bind on equip when we can bind them ourselves.

Memnir
12-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I think that Bind on Equip items would be better off with a confirmation box on first-equip. Just a little dialog box that pops up along the lines of:

"This Item Will Be Permanently Bound To This Character When Equipped. Do You Wish To Equip It Now?"
☐ Yes .. ☐ No

I've also had a few misclicks with BoE items... and it's annoying in the extreme.

Gkar
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I think that Bind on Equip items would be better off with a confirmation box on first-equip. Just a little dialog box that pops up along the lines of:

"This Item Will Be Permanently Bound To This Character When Equipped. Do You Wish To Equip It Now?"
☐ Yes .. ☐ No

I've also had a few misclicks with BoE items... and it's annoying in the extreme.

Yeah, basically the same as what happens when there is something in chest that is BtAoA or BtCoA and you try and loot it.

sebastianosmith
12-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I think that Bind on Equip items would be better off with a confirmation box on first-equip.

Oh my, yes! Especially since some of those things like to "go active" by sticking in the preview window when they are placed in inventory. One of my monks ended up with a BtCoE bastard sword of such-n-what glued to his hand a few weeks ago. What's he gonna do with that thing?

fco-karatekid
12-19-2012, 01:55 PM

☐ Yes .. ☐ No

I like this idea a lot - though you do know it will bug and we will wind up with it prompting us for months, right?

Ohhh, but then the popup can be modded to say "would you like to buy an item equip shutter-upper for 195 TP in the DDO Store?"

Gkar
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Oh my, yes! Especially since some of those things like to "go active" by sticking in the preview window when they are placed in inventory. One of my monks ended up with a BtCoE bastard sword of such-n-what glued to his hand a few weeks ago. What's he gonna do with that thing?

I still get grumpy about the +1 tome my mule used (hey, that was before there was an eating/reading delay and when +1s were valuable!) and the GS helm blank that somehow I accidentally equipped instead of trading.

HunterjWizzard
12-19-2012, 02:16 PM

☐ Yes .. ☐ No

A few items already have this, I know my Hand of the Toombs Runearm, for example. So it IS possible and it does not bug.

I'm with you 100% by the way, I've had a few items like that and it just really burned me bad. i've never seen another game where you could just throw a BTE item on without a dialogue. I wouldn't even say no to a short first-time equip delay to give you a few seconds to change your mind!

Memnir
12-19-2012, 02:16 PM
though you do know it will bug Doesn't everything? :D

fork_aka_spoon
12-19-2012, 02:24 PM

☐ Yes .. ☐ No

yes i like this idea a lot. the said item i was posting was a 1h impulse 120/3necro dc, seemed very nice for a fvs...now it's stuck on my healbot clonk :(