PDA

View Full Version : Question on Otto's Irresistible Holiday Box

Pyrcador
12-18-2012, 04:45 AM
What happens with banked XP over lvl 8 when i use the Stone? are they lost or do i keep them?
I would really like to benefit from the jungle of khyber XP.

Cloista
12-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Lost, effectively.

What the stone does is set your xp to the amount required to hit level 16, it doesn't matter how much xp you have currently, as long as you are level 8 or above.

cru121
12-18-2012, 05:11 AM
farm jungle of khyber on epic levels

MisterVo
12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Question about this: It says it gives you enough experience to get to Level 16, but when I used it at level 8, I had some experience, and I ended up leveling to 17.

Anthios888
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Question about this: It says it gives you enough experience to get to Level 16, but when I used it at level 8, I had some experience, and I ended up leveling to 17.

Were you using an experience potion, a voice of the master/mantle of the worldshaper item, and an airship experience shrine?

These bonuses will add to the total experience granted to you when you use the Stone.

danotmano1998
12-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Were you using an experience potion, a voice of the master/mantle of the worldshaper item, and an airship experience shrine?

These bonuses will add to the total experience granted to you when you use the Stone.

:eek:

Wow.. there's my.. "I learned something new today".. Though I would guess this to be an oversight in development if true.

Merlin-ator
12-18-2012, 07:11 PM

You sure? It didn't last time XP stones were released, and Voice didn't affect my Wizard's XP when I LRed

FuzzyDuck81
12-19-2012, 02:14 AM

Noticed this too since i had my voice equipped, got a "your bonus xp gave you 75k" (or something to that effect) & ended up partway into 2nd rank on the way to 17th - probably a bug, but considering the sheer cost involved in replicating it, i think i'll go "oh, that was a nice perk" & not get another box.

You sure? It didn't last time XP stones were released, and Voice didn't affect my Wizard's XP when I LRed

Dunno about the old stones, but I think LRs are handled differently.. the stone is granting new xp to your character to level up, the LR is just giving back the xp you'd already accrued.

Pyrcador
12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Ill need some Days to get to lvl 8 (just got lvl 7 atm on 3rd life), but ill try if a Pot raises the total XP you gain from the Stone. Got no Mantle to test. Maybe ill get an Invite to an Airship with a good XP-Shrine too.
Ill report back on the Forums then.
If only Pugging wasnt that hard for European Timezone Players. *sights*

Shadow7375
12-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Can you actually use the stone from that box on yourself? Or would you need someone else to buy one too and then stone each other ?

EnjoyTheJourney
12-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Can you actually use the stone from that box on yourself? Or would you need someone else to buy one too and then stone each other ?I'm pretty sure you can get stoned all by yourself, or you can get stoned with a friend.

Just like in real life.

Untitled
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
You can use the stone on yourself, I did so last night.

And yes, XP Pots, Voice, and Ship Buffs do add to the total you are given. I had a 30% Pot, Voice, and 5% Ship buff active and received enough XP to land into my 2nd rank of Level 18. :)

stefferweffer
12-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow, this explains what I thought was a "glitch" then.

I used the xp potion to get to 8 real fast, then used the stone with that still on. I used up all my enhancement points, never checked to see how many I had or what my rank was at the bottom of the screen. I leveled to 16 and ran around fighting things.

Then I noticed suddenly a full 5 circles at the bottom of my screen, and in the upper left corner it said that I had enough XP to level. I was thinking "Already? No way." And it says at the bottom now that I am rank 86?

Isn't this level 18 + 1? The great irony is that I don't WANT to be 18 - not yet. I deliberately took this character to 16 to group with friends who are 14/15, because my 18 Pale Trapper had outleveled them too fast.

Don't I run the risk though, now, that I'm not banking any experience? Will it still keep track of enahcement points correctly? I guess I'm just trying to make sure I don't gimp myself by not leveling right now.

Thanks very much for bringing this up.

stefferweffer
12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Actually, maybe rank 86 is level 17, which would make me feel a little better.

Missing_Minds
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM

Yeap. Guildie did it. Got... 3.5 dots into lvl 17.

arminius
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Ixnay ethay xpay atchay asapway.