PDA

View Full Version : Vale weapons

skaught78
12-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm getting ready to enter the vale of twilight. I went through it last life with a seriously gimped toon. This time around, I am a two weapon fighter. I use khopeshs. I'm largely preparing for the quests in The Vale, and I'm thinking of Running with the devils and those pesky Ghaels.
What would be the best weapon enhancements for them? So far, I am thinking of
main hand: Cold iron axiomatic burst
Off hand: Cold iron unholy
I figured those would be good for the prefixes, but what suffixes would be good?

For the rest of the Vale, and vale quests, what are some good all around weapons to use?

Also, I'm preparing for a next life as a 36 pt rogue, what kind of green steel items should I prepare for a rogue?

Thanks in advance!

Jingwei
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
The batani (air elemental like sorcerer guys) have dr of cold iron OR evil and the ghale and cold iron AND evil.

The orthons and bearded devils should have DR silver OR good and the Bezekira (ghostly cats) have DR good.

So a generic holy, righteous, or pure good weapon is what you want.

Something like banishing of pure good or banishing of righteousness are both good choices.

------------

For a rogue, a radiance weapon is generally what you want, to be sure that you are landing your sneak attack damage as often as possible. Note that the radiance weapon effect is also random drop now, so it might be cheaper to try to buy some random radiance weapons, if you don't want to commit to 2 shard greensteel.

Make sure you are getting the radiance weapon effect (on critical 4-24 light damage and blindness) and not the radiance spell boosting effect of the same name.

Mercureal
12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Banishing is a good all-around weapon for the Vale, including Running with The Devils. A lot of effects have been added with the last few updates, and for all-around usage you'd want to look at effects that enemies won't resist. So, anything force-related would be good, or damage effects like bleed, lacerating, hemorrhaging or bloodletter. Light damage would be good for most of the vale, but I bet the eladrin in RWTD are immune or resistant. For eladrin-specific suffixes, I'd say chaotic outsider bane would be the best.

The only rogue-specific GS weapon to recommend is radiance, which will help a lot with getting sneak attack. Lightning strike is also a very nice, general purpose weapon while leveling. There are a whole lot of accessories that could be useful - HP, exceptional skills, blur, etc.

Jingwei
12-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Well, if crafting weapons specifically to beat on the Eladrin, unholy cold iron of chaotic outsider bane is what you want, but not sure it's really worth making a set of weapons for one quest.

FuzzyDuck81
12-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Of lootgen effects, i generally stick with an all-purpose banishing weapon.. righteous, pure good or silver if at all possible - you'll get the bane damage vs. just about everything out there & on a vorpal, +100 damage or an instakill depending how high their current hp are :)

of note about the lootgen radiance effect - i think that's an epic-only one, at least i've only ever seen it on epic level gear.

brian14
12-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Personally, I found paralyzing of pure good with Risia frost to be best choice for soloing Vale wilderness. May take more swings to kill a mob than with a banisher, but you take less damage in the process.

brian14
12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, if crafting weapons specifically to beat on the Eladrin, unholy cold iron of chaotic outsider bane is what you want, but not sure it's really worth making a set of weapons for one quest.
Cruel Nobility (http://ddowiki.com/page/Cruel_Nobility) is a named weapon blatantly designed to be used against eladrin.

patang01
12-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm getting ready to enter the vale of twilight. I went through it last life with a seriously gimped toon. This time around, I am a two weapon fighter. I use khopeshs. I'm largely preparing for the quests in The Vale, and I'm thinking of Running with the devils and those pesky Ghaels.
I figured those would be good for the prefixes, but what suffixes would be good?

For the rest of the Vale, and vale quests, what are some good all around weapons to use?

Also, I'm preparing for a next life as a 36 pt rogue, what kind of green steel items should I prepare for a rogue?

Thanks in advance!

You can never go wrong with Cannith Challenge Elemental Khopeshes - unless you rather use different type of weapons.

That's paralyzing and enough DPS. But for vale evils use anything with pure good, holy or holy burst for starters to break DR and if you can, find something banishing since more then half of the stuff you find there can be banished (short of spiders and Gnolls).

squishwizzy
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Thanks in advance!

As an FYI, I think it is the Tyrant suffix weapons - recent additions - that are best for the Ghaels. The have Lawful and Evil damage types on them. Good luck on getting one on a Cold Iron weapon as far as random lootgen.

Running with the Devils is a single quest, not worth beaters. Like others have said, banishers are better, especially is you dusl-wield them. They work on devils, Ghaels, elementals, and fiendish critters in which Vale and its quests are filled to the brim.

The devils int the wilderness require silver as do the mobs in Shroud. A Harry-beater would do fine (Sliver, Holy, Evil Outsider bane). They are present in Rainbow, Ritual Sacrifice, and Running with the Devils (to a small extent). Likewise, elemental beaters wouldn't hurt either.

If you have Envenomed Blades, those do surprisingly well in the Vale quests. Paralyzing is very effective at that level, ESPECIALLY if you dual-wield them. My squishy rogue can really dominate that area because of the paralyzing effect of those swords dual-wielded. if they ain't moving, they ain't inflicting damage.

Another is using Gnoll bane weapons. The wilderness has a huge section with gnolls, as well as gnolls are present in Coal Chamber, Rainbow, and all over the place in Ritual Sacrifice.