PDA

View Full Version : Drinks at the Inns

dotHackSign
12-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Disclaimer: This idea is just for entertainment and to add a possibly interesting element to the game.

Create drinks at the Inn that make you inebriated. The drinks are only usable at the Inn. The effect of each drink would last a cumulative amount of time based on your constitution score ( inversely proportional - aka the more constitution you have the less time the effect lasts ). The effect is as follows:

Every minute the direction keys are reversed or one of the currently active hot bar items is activated ( selected at random ). A fortitude save can be made to avoid the affect. A neutralize poison spell or potion will eliminate the condition totally.

A "drunken" symbol would need to be added over the toon to allow party leaders to exclude them from parties.

This probably wouldn't be cost effective to implement unless it was also used as an offensive spell effect, but it might add some interest and some difficulty if a party wanted to wander drunkenly through a dungeon.

cheers :D

Memnir
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I'd rather just play drunk then simulate it.

Marcus-Hawkeye
12-08-2012, 12:46 PM

I agree with Mem. There are also a fair number of younger players and this may force a revisit of the rating the game currently has.

dotHackSign
12-08-2012, 01:25 PM

That is always an option

dotHackSign
12-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree with Mem. There are also a fair number of younger players and this may force a revisit of the rating the game currently has.

True, though there is already a quest where drinking is required. So I don't know if it would effect the rating at all. Again the idea was just something to throw out there for entertainment and maybe add some interest.

I've run my share of raids with drunk players, when they don't dc in the middle, fall asleep during the raid, or say click on the last alter before anyone can drop out, they aren't that bad.