PDA

View Full Version : Unyielding Sentinel Unbreakable stance, sacred natural armor gain bugged?

legendlore
12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi

Has anyone got the +5 sacred natural armor gain from Unbreakable stance to work? The classification as sacred seems to imply that it should stack with normal natural armor.

Personally I've yet to get it to work at all, it doesn't even raise my AC when no natural armor gear is equipped (and no Dragon hide is twisted) and just for the sake of clarity it also doesn't work when I have any natural armor gear equipped (tested separately with random loot +6 natural armor necklace and Wall of wood epic normal +5 natural armor) or the draconic Dragon hide twist.

I have bug reported it and for any developer interested in this the character experiencing the bug has its build in my signature (it doesn't list gear, but may at least give some hints if there is any feats/classes that makes it bug out).

Dandonk
12-07-2012, 06:21 AM
I believe the +5 AC bonus is passive and applied regardless of which stance you're in.

legendlore
12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
I believe the +5 AC bonus is passive and applied regardless of which stance you're in.

Thanks, that would explain it. Looking at the wiki description (that I've read at least dozen times in game and still managed to miss it) it does say it's a passive gain.

Likely I was confused by it saying "Unbreakable: passive gain +5 sacred natural armor" when the stances name is Unbreakable.

Dandonk
12-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks, that would explain it. Looking at the wiki description (that I've read at least dozen times in game and still managed to miss it) it does say it's a passive gain.

Likely I was confused by it saying "Unbreakable: passive gain +5 sacred natural armor" when the stances name is Unbreakable.

It is indeed somewhat confusing :)

unbongwah
12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Once again we see the perils of D&D's tendency to overload terminology (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0012.html). :cool: