PDA

View Full Version : favor

dodger72
12-03-2012, 07:16 AM
OK...so we get specific things for favor for each toon which does transfer in some ways to your account. How about a reward for total amount of favor earned on an account that applies to an account?

CaptainSpacePony
12-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Other than "just because", why?

Is it to promote having multiple characters?
Should the counter accummulate through TR?
The total favor rewards (by character) are already account-wide perks. What sort of reward should account wide favor accomplisments generate?

I think I'm missing something.

Silverwren
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I was under the impression that favor milestone rewards, like unlocking Drow and Favored Soul, already applied to your account. Anything else, such as getting enough House P favor to receive a Pendant of Time, was restricted to a character.

Are you suggesting that every character under an account get a Pendant of Time, for example, when one character does?

dotHackSign
12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I was under the impression that favor milestone rewards, like unlocking Drow and Favored Soul, already applied to your account. Anything else, such as getting enough House P favor to receive a Pendant of Time, was restricted to a character.

Are you suggesting that every character under an account get a Pendant of Time, for example, when one character does?

I believe he means, if say 5 toons all achieve the Pendant of Time, then the they all receive a free beer at the Rusty Nail.

I wouldn't mind getting some extra guild favor when each toon reaches a goal like that.

dodger72
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
OK...spelling out thoughts.

10k favor - discount for hirelings at in game vendors 10% off
20k favor - discount at vendors (scrolls/wands/that sorta thing) 15%
30k favor - DDO store discount 20%

It would have to be a cumulative run of favor...so TR's would take a hit on this.

Yes...favor milestones such as unlocking drow/favored soul and the rest...it's a one time thing that can be done on ONE toon for the account for that server. Agreed. I'm looking at the bigger picture of the entire account and accomplishments gained by having and playing multiple toons.

Meh. A thought to promote more toons.

thalliwell
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Sadly, those just apply to server.

Silverwren
12-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Meh. A thought to promote more toons.

GAH! I have a hard time keeping up with the five I have already. I don't want anymore! :D

Sadly, those just apply to server.

You're correct. My bad.

CaptainSpacePony
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the added detail. I now better understand what you were getting at.

Still don't see the point though. It seems to me that the character total favor rewards adequately hit this area. (My opinion obviously.)

Additionally I am critical of your suggestions, while they were probably just a brainstorm to spark discussion, they don't seem right. Total favor awards currently open acccount rewards (unlocking stuff and DDO points). 2 of your 3 ideas are character based (even if account wide). The 3rd idea seems like a bad business idea. Players who accumulate piles of favor are earning DDO points already. To give them a discount on what those points buy undercuts Turbine's potential revenue.