PDA

View Full Version : Caster "Outfit" versus "Robe" Graphics

stefferweffer
11-30-2012, 09:48 AM
OK, this is a more lighthearted question than the ones I usually ask, for a change.

I like killing the bad guys, but I also want to look good while doing so :)

As a caster, I need to be wearing Robes or Outfits. I've noticed that virtually every "Outfit" I buy in the AH is the same boring ensemble of tattered grey and yellow rags. There was one exception in my 16 level career so far, but otherwise they look identical. In contrast though, practically every "Robe" that I buy is its own unique look that I have never had before. Am I just having bad luck on my outfits? Or is this lack of variety in Outfits intentional? If so, why, since they function no differently than Robes?

On a related note, is there any way in the AH to preview what an armor/head piece will look like before you actually buy and equip it? Sorry to be so shallow, but if I see an "Outfit of X" and a "Robe of X" in the AH, even if the Robe costs a little bit more, I'm going with the Robe :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

Gkar
11-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Outfits were only introduced recently when they introduced monks and were clearly designed to all be "monkish" (at least the DDO version of monkish)

Your only option is skins if you want to use an outfit.

danotmano1998
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Since you can't preview anything, I usually buy a handful of the cheapest type of armor I want to craft on, and try them on. Repeat as necessary until you find something you like.

It's a bit of a pain, but it works.

The other option is of course, buying a skin at the DDO store.
Just remember that skin stays with the armor, so if you decide later to change, you lose that appearance.

Personally, I wish armor kits would be more like the spider helm, where you just double click them to add the cosmetic affect to whatever helm you are currently wearing. I am loathe to buy armor kits just because the next update usually brings new loot and inevitably I end up swapping gear around.

If turbine would make cosmetic armor kits stay on the character, rather than the armor, I'd be buying some. (Hint hint, Turbine)