PDA

View Full Version : Necro 4 flagging

Eilierie
11-29-2012, 11:12 PM
There are 3rd and 20th end rewards for certain quests and chains....

How about after 3 completions of Temple, Lab, Ghosts and Inferno you are guaranteed choice of two pieces of sigil ?

I've run Orchard rares and quests between 1 - 3 times a day for over a week... how many lower left frames do I need ? :eek:

Seriously, don't want an easy button but this is ridiculousness.

soulaeon
12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Not signed.
There are more ridiculous raids to be easy buttoned.

Merlin-ator
12-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree. Abbot flagging is absurdly grindy. If it was slightly more predictable, it would be less irritating.

Forgeborn
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Not entirely sure what you're getting at here, but you could always haul a few guildies or friends with you to get your sigil completed? I ran it with a friend, and an alt client, 2-3 days ago and both the alt client and my friend had their sigils completed in 2-3 runs through each quest (my own character still had 13 full sets left from previous lives), and both needed all 8 pieces to complete it... so it's not as if they're hard to get/complete.

Eilierie
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Not entirely sure what you're getting at here, but you could always haul a few guildies or friends with you to get your sigil completed? I ran it with a friend, and an alt client, 2-3 days ago and both the alt client and my friend had their sigils completed in 2-3 runs through each quest (my own character still had 13 full sets left from previous lives), and both needed all 8 pieces to complete it... so it's not as if they're hard to get/complete.

Color me unlucky then... each quest 4 - 5 times every difficulty and rare run i don't know how many times, all advertised solos though.

Forgeborn
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Color me unlucky then... each quest 4 - 5 times every difficulty and rare run i don't know how many times, all advertised solos though.

Rares just don't drop sigil pieces enough though, sure, they can drop em, and it's nice if you get one of em that you need, but I wouldn't bother farming for them in the explorer chests unless you're ransacked on all the 4 flagging quests. And even then I'd prolly just wait till I ain't ransacked anymore instead.

for clarification:
slot 1 appears mostly in temle of vol, I'd expect you to have this without issue, it's quick and easy to farm (at least on castertypes)
slot 2 appears mostly in flesh makers, which prolly means you'd need 2 people, again, it's not that hard to get.
slot 3 appears mostly in inferno of the damned, it's not that hard, if you know a good route, you can run through the quest in 15 or so minutes, lots of people dislike this one though for some reason.
slot 4 appears mostly in ghosts of perdition, my personal nightmare, the doomsphere at the end is a hassle on elite with the massive statdrain, and even on hard, rolling a 1 can result in taking ~400 damage from disintigrate

Each of those quests should have a 100% droprate for a sigil piece per player on normal or higher (50% on casual), and half of those sigils that drop in the quests will be slots 5 through 8 instead. Now, if you're hunting for slots 1 through 4 in the rare chest, yes, you'll take a LOOOOOONG time to finish your sigil.

Then each rare/quest/opt in quest chest has some chance to drop either a tapestry piece, sigil piece, tome page, or shield piece, but relying on those just doesn't work as the pool of items that can drop is just to large.

Either way, I might have been lucky for the past 9 lives or so, but I really think that a bit of 'group spirit' helps to make flagging for this raid much simpler. Instead of 6 people running the quest solo and just looting what they get, those 6 can help each other out by grouping up and sharing the sigil pieces they pulled already and don't need, helping all of them to finish their sigil pieces faster, it does require people that will actually stick it out though and not just leave when they get their sigils completed. It also helps a lot to do it at level, around 14-16, so you get xp for it, so much easier to fill a group of people, as there's multiple benefits to running the quests for them.

Best I can say though is: try and hook a few guildies to run with you for a run around the quests to get you flagged, it'll be much easier, and run on hard or something so you get a sigil piece a person.

CaptainSpacePony
12-03-2012, 07:42 AM
slot 3 appears mostly in inferno of the damned, it's not that hard, if you know a good route, you can run through the quest in 15 or so minutes, lots of people dislike this one though for some reason.

I did a 20-25 min Elite Inferno run the other day. May have been my fastest ever. This quest is not popular because it's one that requires someone to really know the quest well. Like the Crucible or the Pit, it can be very long and frustrating if you don't know exactly where to go next.

Eilierie
12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Roger all that, it was understood before and after :)

As stated - advertised solos, what else can I do, no guildies available as luck has it.

Again, I've run all the quests... keep getting the same piece over and over and over and over.

I actually have two tome pages, half of my shield and one of the sigils that didn't come from quests that all came from rares ! :eek: :D so, so far, the rares have paid off time wise way better than the quests. As I said before, how many lower left sigil pieces do I need LOL.

I thought of another, maybe better, idea though. Along the lines of Dragon touched or Commendations - why can't I turn in 3 of the lower left sigil pieces I don't need for 1 of the pieces I do need ! :cool:

CaptainSpacePony
12-03-2012, 07:52 AM
I thought of another, maybe better, idea though. Along the lines of Dragon touched or Commendations - why can't I turn in 3 of the lower left sigil pieces I don't need for 1 of the pieces I do need ! :cool:

Because then you couldn't have 27 #1s to roll over to your next life!

Eilierie
12-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Because then you couldn't have 27 #1s to roll over to your next life!

Yes, because that is so useful /sarcasm :D

dotHackSign
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
There are 3rd and 20th end rewards for certain quests and chains....

How about after 3 completions of Temple, Lab, Ghosts and Inferno you are guaranteed choice of two pieces of sigil ?

I've run Orchard rares and quests between 1 - 3 times a day for over a week... how many lower left frames do I need ? :eek:

Seriously, don't want an easy button but this is ridiculousness.

Hey, my guilds air ship is built out of lower left frames. Strangely it can only make right hand turns...

goodoldxelos
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
once you get the sigil once you shouldn't ever have to get it again like titan raid

soulaeon
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
once you get the sigil once you shouldn't ever have to get it again like titan raid
You dont, already. Save your sigils for when you reincarnate.

aarant
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
This is just silly so the guy who is new to the game and has not made many friends or is in a small guild is screwed and has to play the necro 4 slots much like dt. People should think before they make posts like this not every 1 is in ur exact situation, cant really think of a raid that is more grindy to flag and I usually have a extra finished sigil at the end of a tr so not like this suggestion would do much for me since I dont plan on making another first life toon any time in the foreseeable future.

LordMond63
12-04-2012, 05:46 PM

That would be my preference as well. Trade any three or even five for any one.

I've never managed to flag a single character for Abbot. Not one. They all invariably are short one or possibly two sigil pieces. Orien sees those quests run very infrequently, so farming rares in Orchard has become the preferred alternative. But even with multiple characters capped on slayers, still no completed sigils. It really should not be that difficult.

But for all the frustration, we all need to bear in mind that it is easier now than it once was, and that's due to the change several updates back that changed the Rares loot table to include sigil pieces, shield pieces and tome pages. That was a welcome change.

Eilierie
12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I did actually finish flagging this today.

It was because a person on Orien who had no sigil pieces of their own gave me their piece that I needed in the chest.

I stuck with them for as long as I could and ran several more rare runs and a couple more quests with him and also gave all of my sigil pieces from there on to them.

I understand that it is easier to get with groups and possibly that is why the devs made it that way - to force grouping... but grouping not always possible, convenient or groupies not willing to help out.

The trade-in idea has merit in my humble opinion. :)