PDA

View Full Version : dragonmark/arti craft bonus increase max craft level?

Asanarama
11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Do the dragonmark of making and artificer crafting bonuses stack? Do they just give you a head start or do they actually increase your maximum crafting levels? If so, is that actually useful? Do they reasonably reduce your chance of failure when crafting the hardest-to-make shards? Are those shards useful? (I would imagine so.)

beta1
11-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I can't say how or if the dragonmark of making and artificer crafting bonuses stack, but I do know that if your crafting XP puts you at level 25 and the 2 bonus add 5, then for what you can craft and XP purposes you are level 25. But you only need enough XP to get to level 21 to level again.

However if you reincarnate (either LR or TR), or otherwise lose the bonuses, your crafting XP won't change and you will be at crafting level 20 in the above example (if you haven't gotten enough XP or level 21) unless you get more bonuses.

Asanarama
11-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I guess another way of asking part of the question is this: If you cap your crafting skills on a character with no dragonmarks of making and who is not an artificer, and then you TR into an artificer and/or get the marks, does your crafting skill increase beyond the "normal" cap, and if it does, how helfpul is it?

I'm glad you mentioned TR though. Instead of making a human arti to deconstruct my stuff in case I wind getting serious about crafting, I can just keep deconstructing on the toon that's already been doing it, knowing one day I can TR him into a human arti. I felt it was a bit of a waste to do my deconstructing--even though it only gives a little crafting xp--on a toon who might not be able to become the "ultimate" crafter, but through the miracle of TR, he can be--if it turns out that the bonuses do actually increase the cap.

This isn't coming totally out of left field. In WoW, certain races have (or perhaps had) crafting bonuses that give them a higher cap for a particular craft than others. I think there may even be some items that can only be crafted by one race, because the others can't get that item's crafting skill high enough. As a specific example, although not with real numbers, a goblin engineer starts at engineering 5 instead of 0 and caps at 505 instead of 500.

Dimbo
11-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Yes they Stack for +10 Total.

At Level 20 with all Marks.. +20 including Arti Innate Bonus to all Crafting Levels

For a Crafter Build they are Essential.

Hope this Helps.

zeichen-thest
11-29-2012, 05:02 AM
As stated above, you can get a bonus of 20 lvls. However, the problem would be is if you get to level 20 artificer with your dragonmarks before your crafting skill level is high you waste the skill points. The other problem is that if you TR that toon you lose those skill lvls. There is no skill lvl past 150 right now so no point doing it. However if they ever give us extra crafting recipes and lvls, it would be nice. My suggestion would be to lvl up as high as you can with whatever toon you have, then TR into an arti to cap your lvls.

WielderofGigantus
11-29-2012, 05:41 AM
For a Crafter Build they are Essential.

While they certainly help with leveling up a crafter, saving you time and essences, they are not required for a crafter.

Dimbo
11-29-2012, 07:44 PM
While they certainly help with leveling up a crafter, saving you time and essences, they are not required for a crafter.

IF your Goal is a Crafter Build +10 Levels from Feats is Essential.

If you are making a Crafter then Certainly its not.

:)