PDA

View Full Version : OK...we've access to Forgotten Realms...

dodger72
11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Undermountain. Waterdeep.

Please.

Ape_Man
11-23-2012, 03:22 PM
WHy stop there?

I want the Bloodstone lands and the return of the Witchking.

Produktion_Malphunktion
11-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Sword coast is played out. Personally have no interest in going there. The past 20 years of lore has all been centered there, be it Salvatore, the Gold Box games, and Baldur's Gate. I'm perfectly happy with starting in Cormyr and seeing where that takes us.

dodger72
11-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Sword coast is played out. Personally have no interest in going there. The past 20 years of lore has all been centered there, be it Salvatore, the Gold Box games, and Baldur's Gate. I'm perfectly happy with starting in Cormyr and seeing where that takes us.

well...guess that settles that.

zwiebelring
11-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Thay please, where the real Wizards live ;).

Barazon
11-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Where the fans want to go, and will PAY to go is more important than what one developer thinks is overused.

zwiebelring
11-23-2012, 04:02 PM
What the developper offer decides where the fan can go to. Sometimes hell is offered ;P.

Daemoneyes
11-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Good point, how about Planescape with Sigil?

ViolentEnd
11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Myth Drannor pls

Memnir
11-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I'd personally like to see Argonnessen or Aerenal developed more and perhaps a new city hub based in either. If we need to move past Eberron, I have long voiced a preference to Sigil and still think it'd be better then the Generic Realms.

dodger72
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Undermountain is (I think) the largest dungeon within the realms that is constantly changing....9+ levels of dungeon with Halister the Mad Mage living in it's depths. Along with a city (Skullport) within the dungeon if memory serves...along with a gateway to the Underdark. Seems perfect to me...but OK...OK....give us the Underdark...then steer us east, north, south of Cormyr. Kind of a tease there...

Thay? Myth Drannor? The rest of the Dalelands? Spine of the World? Sea of Fallen Stars...

rest
11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Dark Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Uska
11-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Let's go back and finish up our eberron story lines first please and no sword coast ever nor undermountain

If we have to tolerate the realms I would rather run around in places that were already heavily used.

fmalfeas
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
The Moonsea!

I want to fight along side the Paladins of Tantras! I want to do battle with Manshoon (the only person who routinely blasts Elminster into piles of ash)!

The Eastern realms!

The berserkers and witches of Rasheman! Szass Tam! The remnants of the Red Wizards!

Chult!

GIVE ME DINOSAURS! I WANT TO FIGHT T-REX!

VonBek
11-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd personally like to see Argonnessen or Aerenal developed more and perhaps a new city hub based in either. Sounds good.

If we need to move past Eberron, We don't, IMO. Though others should have their own prefs...,

I have long voiced a preference to Sigil and still think it'd be better then the Generic Realms.

TY, Memnir.

karsion
11-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Yeah, Sword Coast is so last century. But to be honest so is Faerun and yet many people still love it.

However I am with Memnir here, there is a lot fun things to do in Eberron and I'd love (having never heard of the world before starting playing DDO) see more of it. More cities and places on Eberron, more planes (Lammania and Dolurruh are stil dead link in the Twelve) just more of everything.

Sigil would be cool too as it would allow the game to go into any possible world (would love an adventure are in Ravenloft myself :D )

Ape_Man
11-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Let's go back and finish up our eberron story lines first please and no sword coast ever nor undermountain

If we have to tolerate the realms I would rather run around in places that were already heavily used.

Let's have Harry burn Eberon to the ground so we never have to run in that mistake again.

dejafu
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Chult!

GIVE ME DINOSAURS! I WANT TO FIGHT T-REX!

Ya know, we could get that in Eberron. Dinosaurs exist on the main continent of Khorvaire in the Talenta Plains.

Halflings use them as mounts.

Seriously.

/Also, add my name to the people who would love to see Sigil introduced into the game.

Vellrad
11-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Forgotten Realms are played out. Personally have no interest in going there. The past 20 years of lore has all been centered there, be it Salvatore, the Gold Box games, and Baldur's Gate. I'm perfectly happy with starting in Cormyr and seeing where that takes us.
Fixed for you ;)

Where the fans want to go, and will PAY to go is more important than what one developer thinks is overused.

If this would be true, we would still be in Eberron, or Planescape.

GeneralDiomedes
11-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Where I really would prefer to travel to are other planes of existence. The Prime Material Plane gets kind of droll at times, although the Eberron concept of coterminous planes or manifest zones adds a lot of variety.

Having said that, anything can be made enticing with good enough art and graphics.

Marcus-Hawkeye
11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Dark Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

I agree. Love Darksun

Silverleafeon
11-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Lol...

Interesting, sooooo much Lore in D&D that DDO could invest a lifetime trying to develope it all,
while another popular MMO must go begging from Panda Animation and other sources...

AZgreentea
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Agreed. The fact that the area is new to me is probably the only reason that I am ok with DDO going to the FR. Otherwise, I would be petitioning to stay in Eberron, which I like much much better. If I want to visit those other places, I have plenty of other games and books I can visit.

Veriden
11-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Over played to a point of redundancy didn't stop Elminster from being put in the game. Not saying we should do sword coast, just pointing out the obvious.

fco-karatekid
11-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Thay please, where the real Wizards live ;).

Now THAT would be intriguing!

Aashrym
11-23-2012, 07:37 PM

That's actually one of the reasons I liked the idea of Eberron instead of Forgotten Realms; FR is over-used IMO. That didn't stop us from going there tho.

What I would expect is more campaign settings opening up tho. Once we start jumping settings I don't see the reason to restrict us to just two. Dark Sun and Ravenloft would be my next choices. Put in a good word. :D

Lagin
11-23-2012, 07:41 PM
starting in Cormyr and seeing where that takes us.

Aye ye scurvy dog. I be havin a map me *found* on a poor soul lyin dead as a rat, in the alley behind a tavern.
He was tellin me of a king's share of treasure, guarded by a gold dragon no less. It lies to the east near side of the Pirate Isles.
And I be wantin to see a fair wench I know down in Chondath meself now.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/DDO/fr_treasure_map.jpg?t=1353720780

Gkar
11-23-2012, 07:52 PM
We need to finish the Reaver/Truefull One storyline.

The first two raids in this game were based on that story (3 if you count the retcon raid). Three more major story componants came later. It's a long involved story, let's see it too its logical epic level conclusions before we abandon Eberron development.

It's time to fight a Dracolich!

dejafu
11-23-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree. Love Darksun

Much as I love Dark Sun (it's actually probably my favorite D&D setting of all time), I definitely don't want to see it on DDO for anything more than a cameo. It's a grim, desperate setting based on resource deprivation. If you had a portal between there and Eberron like you do now with Toril, I'd constantly be wondering why every single resident of Athas isn't overrunning said portal to get to all of that glorious water! :eek:

NytCrawlr
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Think I've had my fill of the Realms at this point. They did a good job with it, but I can definitely remember why I moved on to bigger and better things in D&D quite early.

If we do however need to do any more Realms, I say lets go back to Moander and his Saurial slave race days. :p

Mal is right though, Sword Coast area has been done to death and a half, but I also get that's the area that most fans like as well.

NytCrawlr
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Dark Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

I second this as well. Would be happy with just going to Khorvaire or somewhere else in the world of Eberron though.

fmalfeas
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
You know, if we do end up with the Sword Coast at some point, I hope they give us something that FR devs have forever been afraid to really show people.

Warlock's Crypt. AKA - Larloch's Crypt.

It's a complex with 3 towers and a central 'vault' area, inhabited exclusively by powerful, ancient undead. And by ancient, I mean that most of them are survivors of the original fall of Netheril that Larloch turned into powerful sentient undead to serve him.

Larloch himself is an absurdly powerful lich (A Netherese Arcanist king so skilled and potent that he saved the citizens of his city when it fell...no divine intervention required) of massive intellect. The DM note for encounters with him states that due to Larloch's massive intellect, he can be freely assumed to be prepared for any contingency, no matter how strange or rare or creative. He has a virtual solar system of specially made improved Ioun stones circling his head, and is equipped with only the best of gear. His body is so suffused with protective curses that anyone who touches him, or is touched by him, is subject to being cursed several times over. There are multiple spells that normally are a threat to liches which he has rendered himself permanantly immune to.

His 'treasury' contains at least one of every standard magic item, in every possible configuration (which he made himself, just as something to do to pass the millennia. Additionally, he has a large stockpile of artifacts, almost any that can be imagined.

He uses this stuff too...it's not just loot.

THAT, my friends, is a /raidboss/. The last true Arcanist King, a peer of Karsus (who's power was so immense that he cast a spell to devour Mystrul...unfortunately, his body simply could not contain such power taken in such a fashion, and he exploded...and the disruption to the Weave ended the Empire of Netheril.)

Gods leave Larloch alone. Only adventurers ever bother him. The ones he doesn't slay outright tend to get Geas'd to bring him rare components for spells, or artifacts that he simply doesn't feel like getting himself.

jandhaer
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Ravenloft please

(wiki) It is an alternate time-space existence known as a pocket dimension called the Demiplane of Dread, which consists of a collection of land pieces called domains brought together by a mysterious force known only as "The Dark Powers"...... Each domain is mystically ruled by a being called a "Darklord". The magical mists of Ravenloft could appear anywhere in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, drawing evil-doers (or player characters) into the Ravenloft setting......The Dark Powers are a malevolent force who control the Demiplane of Dread. Their exact nature and number are purposely kept vague, allowing for plot development in accordance with the Gothic tradition of storytelling—where the heroes are frequently outclassed and outnumbered by unknowably evil forces beyond their control.

A lot of potential directions story wise within this awakened nightmarish plane.

Uska
11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Let's have Harry burn Eberon to the ground so we never have to run in that mistake again.

Better have Harry burn the better they were forgotten realms

NytCrawlr
11-23-2012, 08:41 PM

All that pretty much sums up my reason of dislike for the Realms, despite enjoying most of what I read of the old Netherese empire.

Give me Anything else but that and I can be happy. Ravenloft, Darksun, Sigil, Spelljammer, Greyhawk, parts of Krynn, Hollow World!, obviously more Eberron, or any other part of FR that doesn't have some super power that can take over the world in a blink of an eye but doesn't because it would be irony (which if I remember correctly is pretty much just the south).

Artos_Fabril
11-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Much as I love Dark Sun (it's actually probably my favorite D&D setting of all time), I definitely don't want to see it on DDO for anything more than a cameo. It's a grim, desperate setting based on resource deprivation. If you had a portal between there and Eberron like you do now with Toril, I'd constantly be wondering why every single resident of Athas isn't overrunning said portal to get to all of that glorious water! :eek:
Easy, we put the portal to Athas in the Restless Isles. Opening quest chain has us defend it from a Dragon-king's army. The Athas end could be in the Silt Sea.

Alternatively, you put the portal in the air, and the only way through it is by Airship.

Fefnir_2011
11-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd love to get to walk through the streets of Sharn, although I think a dev once said that would never happen. Flamekeep would also be awesome (Imagine a raid where we fight the evil in the Silver Flame, with a pre-raid where we fight Jaela Daran to prove our worth). Really, anywhere in the main continent of Khorvaire would make me very happy.

Scraap
11-23-2012, 09:46 PM

Through a certain set of mists may perhaps prove interesting.

TreknaQudane
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM

I'm fond of Rashemen personally

Aashrym
11-24-2012, 01:13 AM
I'd love to get to walk through the streets of Sharn, although I think a dev once said that would never happen. Flamekeep would also be awesome (Imagine a raid where we fight the evil in the Silver Flame, with a pre-raid where we fight Jaela Daran to prove our worth). Really, anywhere in the main continent of Khorvaire would make me very happy.

Sharn would be a great expansion to the game if we ever see it.

Necromisiek
11-24-2012, 03:48 AM
I'd like to see more of Faerun, although it doesn't necessary means Sword Coast. Underdark alone shows a lot of opportunities, and there is a lot to be seen on the surface too.

Still, if we are talking about things played out, just one word comes to my mind - "Elminster". :D

Lonnbeimnech
11-24-2012, 04:18 AM
You know, if we do end up with the Sword Coast at some point, I hope they give us something that FR devs have forever been afraid to really show people.

It's a complex with 3 towers and a central 'vault' area, inhabited exclusively by powerful, ancient undead. And by ancient, I mean that most of them are survivors of the original fall of Netheril that Larloch turned into powerful sentient undead to serve him.

Larloch himself is an absurdly powerful lich (A Netherese Arcanist king so skilled and potent that he saved the citizens of his city when it fell...no divine intervention required) of massive intellect. The DM note for encounters with him states that due to Larloch's massive intellect, he can be freely assumed to be prepared for any contingency, no matter how strange or rare or creative. He has a virtual solar system of specially made improved Ioun stones circling his head, and is equipped with only the best of gear. His body is so suffused with protective curses that anyone who touches him, or is touched by him, is subject to being cursed several times over. There are multiple spells that normally are a threat to liches which he has rendered himself permanantly immune to.

His 'treasury' contains at least one of every standard magic item, in every possible configuration (which he made himself, just as something to do to pass the millennia. Additionally, he has a large stockpile of artifacts, almost any that can be imagined.

He uses this stuff too...it's not just loot.

THAT, my friends, is a /raidboss/. The last true Arcanist King, a peer of Karsus (who's power was so immense that he cast a spell to devour Mystrul...unfortunately, his body simply could not contain such power taken in such a fashion, and he exploded...and the disruption to the Weave ended the Empire of Netheril.)

Gods leave Larloch alone. Only adventurers ever bother him. The ones he doesn't slay outright tend to get Geas'd to bring him rare components for spells, or artifacts that he simply doesn't feel like getting himself.

Sounds a bit like epic wiz king.

Xaxx
11-24-2012, 04:53 AM
I think Myth Drannor would be a sight for an adventure set that most old school fans would love, the probelm is what enemies do you stick in there today..... theres been a few different things on what inhabits it, from the box set down to the Return of the Shades book trilogy describing and even taking place there with the Pherim (sp? *magic grubbs* sorry dont remember how to spell it).

If you want classic theres also Zhentil Keep... or once again whats left of it. Personally I've wanted to stomp the **** out of some Red Wizzards for quite a while... so how about a trip to They.. maybe meet the Simbul in hiding, we've met Elminster we might as well meet his mate/wanna be wife.

Those are all still relatively close to where we've been at considering the scope of Toril. Theres masses of fun to be had south in the desert lands... or lets head way west to ... Maztica is it that came back in the upheavel of the spellplague? Could be wrong there, I do remember part of Toril switching, and I thought it was the old setting of Maztica, so if I'm wrong forigive me heh.

There is a massive amount of stuff in the Realms to visit without ever tripping over Drizzt or the sword coast or Dorn or so many of the others out there.

Though to be honest I really would like to visit Waterdeep no matter what happended to it during the spellplague :)

Flavilandile
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM

Is that the only reason ?

Just making a WAG here, but Sword Coast is near Neverwinter... Maybe you are not allowed to go there too, because smoebody else will be there.

Yes and no, that's where some fans want to go. I have no interest in Waterdeep and surrounding lands ( spent too many hours around a table playing there ). And Cormyr has also lots of interests, that's where Pool of Darkness/Curse of the Azure Bond/Pool of Radiance is set, that's also where the (in)famous H4 is set. [along with all the other H]
( come on, I'm sure that after having swattedthat giant spider you all want to tackle Orcus, in his own palace. )

But if you want my opinion, I want Known Wolrd/Hollow World ( aka Mystara ), Castle Amber ( among other places ) would rock.

Necromisiek
11-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Is that the only reason ?

Just making a WAG here, but Sword Coast is near Neverwinter... Maybe you are not allowed to go there too, because smoebody else will be there.

Well, that may be the point. Fernando Paiz have said in one of the interviews(*) that I’m not going to lie to you, it’s not completely open and we have to work closely with them to make sure that our plans line up with any plans that Wizards might have or even plans that other licensors might have to develop in games where certain folks have areas of the world carved out. So it is not even a secret.

* http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/106515-dungeons-a-dragons-online-menace-of-the-underdark-interview/page-2.html

Antiguo
11-24-2012, 06:41 AM

I agree whit you here, so how about Anauroch, Rashemen, Thay, ZHENTIL KEEP? please let us mess whit Bane and Cyric followers...

changelingamuck
11-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Ravenloft please

(wiki) It is an alternate time-space existence known as a pocket dimension called the Demiplane of Dread, which consists of a collection of land pieces called domains brought together by a mysterious force known only as "The Dark Powers"...... Each domain is mystically ruled by a being called a "Darklord". The magical mists of Ravenloft could appear anywhere in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, drawing evil-doers (or player characters) into the Ravenloft setting......The Dark Powers are a malevolent force who control the Demiplane of Dread. Their exact nature and number are purposely kept vague, allowing for plot development in accordance with the Gothic tradition of storytelling—where the heroes are frequently outclassed and outnumbered by unknowably evil forces beyond their control.

A lot of potential directions story wise within this awakened nightmarish plane.

Yes! :D Popping out a stand-alone Ravenloft adventure or adventure pack every now and then would be so easy. It wouldn't require a huge storyline to explain how the characters are transported there like the Realms did. Just drop a little deserted road in the Upper Necropolis where characters get swept up in The Mists whenever they walk down it. Then they could select from a menu of all the Ravenloft adventures they have access to. No 'prologue' quests necessary. Trips to Ravenloft are supposed to be unexplained and unfathomable.

They have all the essential models created for the setting already: vampires, hags, werewolves, mindless undead, liches, flesh golems, ghosts. Just need to make some doppleganger mobs. :cool:

I would play any Ravenloft quests added endlessly. Who else is with us??? *crickets chirping* ... *squashes crickets* :p

NytCrawlr
11-24-2012, 07:29 AM
I would play any Ravenloft quests added endlessly. Who else is with us??? *crickets chirping* ... *squashes crickets* :p

You know I am in, and a Castle Ravenloft digital remake would be awesome.

changelingamuck
11-24-2012, 07:54 AM
a Castle Ravenloft digital remake would be awesome.

Would be so nice. ::drooling::

Hokiewa
11-24-2012, 08:24 AM

/signed

GeneralDiomedes
11-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, that may be the point. Fernando Paiz have said in one of the interviews(*) that I’m not going to lie to you, it’s not completely open and we have to work closely with them to make sure that our plans line up with any plans that Wizards might have or even plans that other licensors might have to develop in games where certain folks have areas of the world carved out. So it is not even a secret.

* http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/106515-dungeons-a-dragons-online-menace-of-the-underdark-interview/page-2.html

Exactly. If Wizards wants to do another cross-format campaign like they did with Underdark, then Turbine is probably along for the ride.

nibel
11-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Ravenloft please

Fun fact: According to 4e cosmology, Ravenloft is a demiplane inside the Shadowfell. Dolurrh IS the Shadowfell. So, by plain logic, the demiplane of Ravenloft exists in Eberron.

danzig138
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Or, no.

No more Forgotten Realms. Jeez Louise, do we have to switch over to the more boring, generic realm in D&D? How about we work on, oh, let's say, Eberron? You know, where the game is supposed to take place?

Draxis
11-24-2012, 11:27 AM
There's nothing wrong with the bucolic Tolkien-esque Forgotten Realms settings. There are lots of interesting locals in Forgotten Realms that an MMO could take advantage of. Dare I mention it... Neverwinter?

Aside from that though, it seems like the producers are open to the whole multi-verse planes aspect of D&D - Sooo, why not Sigil, the true "City of Doors"?

Perhaps the Vecna could threaten both Faerun and Eberron, prompting the Lady of Pain herself to get involved? Perhaps something could threaten Sigil itself? And if Sigil falls, ALL of the planes go with it. That'd make for a pretty epic Epic-level adventure. All we need is one mad god to try and enter the planar fulcrum - Lloth, perhaps? She's the type of deity who'd set the planes on fire just to watch them burn.

zwiebelring
11-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Now THAT would be intriguing!
Raid groups consisting of humans only. Red Wizards and their Knights and Clerics of Zarus. Lawful evil alignment. We all know it is the one and only desirable^^.

salmag
11-24-2012, 11:54 AM
More Eberron please.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Forgotten Realms setting (still have not done Beyond the Rift yet), but Eberron is still new and needs to be fleshed out more.

Argonesson, Khorvaire, lots of room for expansion...

Cardoor
11-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Iron city of Dis on the second plane of hell, once we start into the 26+ levels.

Artos_Fabril
11-24-2012, 12:54 PM
We need to finish the Reaver/Truefull One storyline.

The first two raids in this game were based on that story (3 if you count the retcon raid). Three more major story componants came later. It's a long involved story, let's see it too its logical epic level conclusions before we abandon Eberron development.

It's time to fight a Dracolich!
As part of the "Draconic Prophesy/Stormreaver Prophesy" and the Quori War you have the following tie-ins:

Sharn Sindicate
VoN
Twilight Forge/Titan (tangental)
Reaver
SoS
IQ/DD (references, like eye of the titan, reclaiming memories)

We could build up the Stormreaver/Quori/Dal Quor connection and introduce Kalashtar
Or the Stormreaver/Sor'jek/Truthful One connection and add a series after eGianthold
--It would be really cool if eGianthold gives us a post-SoS canonical ending for the Reaver's Fate, to take us into the hunt for the Truthful One and more on the Doomsday weapon now that we know from Dreaming Dark that it was meant to stop the Quori invasion.

Lord_Thanatos
11-24-2012, 01:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with the bucolic Tolkien-esque Forgotten Realms settings. There are lots of interesting locals in Forgotten Realms that an MMO could take advantage of. Dare I mention it... Neverwinter?

Aside from that though, it seems like the producers are open to the whole multi-verse planes aspect of D&D - Sooo, why not Sigil, the true "City of Doors"?

Perhaps the Vecna could threaten both Faerun and Eberron, prompting the Lady of Pain herself to get involved? Perhaps something could threaten Sigil itself? And if Sigil falls, ALL of the planes go with it. That'd make for a pretty epic Epic-level adventure. All we need is one mad god to try and enter the planar fulcrum - Lloth, perhaps? She's the type of deity who'd set the planes on fire just to watch them burn.

Neverwinter? You really think that Wotc is going to allow the two DnD MMOs to both take place in the same exact place? There is a reason Turbine has stated they have to work 'very' closely with Wotc went making their FR cotent so they don't step onto other liscences.

Honestly, I am tired of FR and most especially tired of Mr overused himself, Elminster.

droid327
11-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Spelljammer!!

FR was a nice little vacation, but if I wanted to play in a world based on Tolkien, I'd go play LOTRO.

Spelljammer would be a completely new and unique feel for MMOs! And, given its nature, much easier to develop for since it lends itself quite well to "modular" expansion...you just add another world, rather than having to expand existing geography.

And just think of all the cool new art assets...ships, space, planes...you could even mess with the physics engine :)

It wouldnt be as undead-heavy as Ravenloft. It wouldnt be the medieval "Dune" of Dark Sun, either.

Artos_Fabril
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm a fan of Spelljammer as well, but they should save it for DDO2. They'd need to start from the ground up to code it a proper physics engine, but it is the next logical step in guild ships.

azrael4h
11-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Actually, of the 6 Gold Box games, 4 were centered in and around the Moonsea. Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secrets of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness all were there. As was the little known or loved Hillsfar. If we stay in FR, I'd like to head there, to visit Myth Drannor, then see what Phlan is up to these days. Been a long time since we helped clear out a possessed dragon and paved the way for the city to be rebuilt. I'd like to visit Verdigris as well (Secrets).

Only two of the Gold Box games were set in the Sword Coast region. Northern coast to be exact.

I personally am with those saying the Forgotten Realms are too played out. If going for a Tolkienesqe setting, Dragonlance would be more interesting to me. And since the only Dragonlance-centered games came out near two decades ago at the newest, it would likely be fresh to even jaded cRPG vets like myself. Though now I'm going to go play Champions of Krynn. And it'd be interesting to gather Solamnic favor instead of PDK and Harper.

Dark Sun would be the most interesting to me, followed by Ravenloft then Sigil. Sigil is more suited towards truly epic play, or in other words like nothing FR could ever hope to offer.

Uska
11-24-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm a fan of Spelljammer as well, but they should save it for DDO2. They'd need to start from the ground up to code it a proper physics engine, but it is the next logical step in guild ships.

Couple things DDO2 would be 4th or 5th Ed if anything and spell jammer ships are nothing like guild ships read up on eberron to see what I mean

fyrst.grok
11-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Lets flesh out Eberron.. Dinoriders comes to mind..
But if we have to hike through the other DnD settings Sigil would be awesome, but think Spell jammer would need a new physics motor.
Ravenloft would just be necro V..

If however we're staying in *yawn* FR lets go into Rashemen.. after all we have the graphics to call small rodents now.. ;)
Thay, a time portal to old Netheril etc.
But please stay away from Icewind dale, Sword coast and Neverwinter.. And for the love of all that is sane do NOT add cap'n Emokid and his kittycat -__-

azrael4h
11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
And for the love of all that is sane do NOT add cap'n Emokid and his kittycat -__-

He could be a raid boss that we beat on. I think that raid would drive sales of timer bypasses, just to beat the emo out of him.

Xezrak
11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Swordcoast may be overdone but there are still many fans of the Coast and will definately bring Baldurs gate fans etc. to have a look at DDO again.

I miss the coast personally.

zwiebelring
11-24-2012, 07:34 PM
But please stay away from Icewind dale, Sword coast and Neverwinter.. And for the love of all that is sane do NOT add cap'n Emokid and his kittycat
Word!

Farayon
11-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Sharn.

Could set an entire MMO there and never run out of locations and stories.

Jaxom_Faux
11-24-2012, 08:42 PM
i know this will get me forum aggro but i got lots of hp so how bout we just forget about the (not so) forgotten realms? to misquote maj it's "played out. Personally have no interest in going there. The past 20 years of lore has all been centered there, be it Salvatore, the Gold Box games, and Baldur's Gate. I'm perfectly happy with starting somewhere new and interesting and seeing where that takes us."

or since ddo is already half way there just let us rock spelljammer? PLEASE?! (insert most pathetic whiny pleading tone)

or at least open your epic level handbook and let us play in union... with the infinite stairway........

also no offense but you forgotten realm junkies can just move on to neverwinter, i hear it's got an mmo........

Karavek
11-24-2012, 11:52 PM

No offense but it doesnt sound like your well versed in Dm material concering the lady and sigil. Within sigil The Lady is absolutely without equal, nor can any diety of even the lowest divine rank can enter sigil without her awareness and ability to cause them increasing pain until they are driven to flee. Her mere shadow causes 5d6 dmg a round and cant be prevent nor reduced by anything. Some legends say she is the mother of all gods and went into self exile after the first godswar left her broken hearted over the deaths of so many children.

She will not tolerate any worship of her, and the only known person to speak her name i praise and try to start a cult to her and live is a barmy cutter known as trolan the mad, who depending on a certain module could with the aid of the players go on to ascend and become trolan the loved, a diety of love and peace. Strangely he alone has survived the passing shadow of the lady if only barely. Some rumors suggest he is the reincarnation of the father of all gods slain in the first gods war.

I highly support the making of sigil into the core for a D&D MMO, but frankly it would be better to be based on older rule sets. 2nd ed would be a great hard capped system to use for a MMO and definatly had better class balance.

Sir_Noob
11-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Hmmm, Myth Drannor, my memory is totally fuzzy on the subject, but is that not the place with the Mythal that if someone cast a spell inside it could send waves of something or other that caused all your magic items to make saving throws or be destroyed?

LOL, I can imagine what the boards would be like the first time anyone cast a spell inside the adventure and lost half their greensteel items etc.

It would be revolt and Dooooooommm!

Hambo
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM

As has been pointed out elsewhere WotC licensed Neverwinter to someone else... Turbine has to respect the license, or like Atari before them will lose what they have..

Give it up already.

fyrst.grok
11-25-2012, 11:14 AM
He could be a raid boss that we beat on. I think that raid would drive sales of timer bypasses, just to beat the emo out of him.

They might even run out of bypasses eventually :p

Flavilandile
11-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Actually, of the 6 Gold Box games

I suspect the QA Kobold meant to include all the books, adventure modules, campaign extensions and so on along with all the computer games dating back to Heroes of the Lance. If you take everything into account the Sword Coast has been over(ab)used. [ strike the not wanted part ]

Uska
11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Sharn.

Yes please!:)

Aashrym
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Sharn.

I think that was the original concept behind stormreach. :D

Sharn has been brought up several times and I don't recall seeing a dev response on it, but could have missed it. I think it would make for a great addition to the game.

Dark_Knight_Silver
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM

IMHO Cormyr Rocks! One series has been done there but its still way under appreciated

Cyr
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM

The whole point of using a well known IP is to utilize it after all.

Having people familar with it is a good thing.

Certon
11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
The Droaam storyline was interesting. Why not pursue it to its inevitable conclusion? An attack on Droaam funded by the Coin Lords.

Dagolar
12-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Ah, I haven't really been active on the forums lately. As I recall, the appropriate response is..
/SIGNED

That's not to say Undermountain wouldn't make for an awesome, unique challenge, but the Forgotten Realms is far bigger than that.
Moonsea to Chult to Tethyr to Halruaa to Thay- it'd be nice to visit these places one day.

elraido
12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
All I want is to travel to Dolurrh.

bloodnose13
12-06-2012, 07:05 AM
what about shavrath? what about mad archons story? what about a monster so terrible that yugloth wont allow you to see it? what about mysterious gate in the battle field leading to .... ?, what about archon side of the battlefield?. what happened to nat gann? sooo many unfinished stories in ddo, maybe its time to wrap them up and then move completely to forgotten realms.

Artos_Fabril
12-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Couple things DDO2 would be 4th or 5th Ed if anything and spell jammer ships are nothing like guild ships read up on eberron to see what I mean

First off, why would DDO2 have to be 4e or 5e? While wotc might push for a 5e product, I think turbine could make a legitimate case for not switching to an unproven system after all the 4e backlash.

Secondly, I know that eberronian airships function nothing like spelljammers. By next logical step I meant their purpose in game, and as a linear upgrade from travel within one world to travel between world's.

TrinityTurtle
12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Ten towns, so we could have fun with ice year round and those immune to slippery surfaces boots would be worth something.. :)

Dagolar
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Ten towns, so we could have fun with ice year round and those immune to slippery surfaces boots would be worth something.. :)

That's actually not a bad idea, though Spine of the World is still up there by Sword Coast, and has been done in the Icewind Dale games besides.
..of course, the ID games, bugs aside, were awesome, so..

But yeah, I'd love to see an ice-based dungeon/questing location. That'd be an excellent change from the norm.
Kinda like that underwater combat we were promised, and then got some sort of crazy slow-monkeyball curse instead for.