PDA

View Full Version : Eveningstar Challenge mats should be BtA!

Carpone
11-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Simple: Eveningstar challenge mats should be bound to account, just like Cannith challenge mats are.

Anthios888
11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes. Encourage more diverse grouping, so that wizards don't want one quest while fighters want another.

voodoogroves
11-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Africkingmen

My gear plans are entirely exclusive of these because of the annoyance factor involved.

bloodnose13
11-18-2012, 03:49 PM
yes they should be bta, also they should have same exchange method at the vendor, as in cannith challenges.

redspecter23
11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I find it very interesting that something that makes so much logical sense to so many players is something that Turbine disagrees with. If it were game breaking or exploitable in any way, then I could see their viewpoint, but I just can't see the reasoning. Cannith ingredients are BtA, so it logically follows that Eveningstar ingredients should also be BtA unless there is something different or exploitable about them.

This is the sort of thing that could make a very interesting design article that the devs could post up so there is a bit more transparency when certain seemingly backwards mechanics are added to the game.

It becomes a cycle of:

odd game mechanic or backwards logic concept

players question the idea, some rage, some just ponder the logic

devs remain silent

players assume it was a deliberate attempt to frustrate players/promote DDO store/dartboard mechanic with no logic whatsoever.

devs then at some later point state that they would be more communicative if the community raged less, yet the rage is caused by the lack of communication in cases like this...

loop until it's changed or forgotten

Brennie
11-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Ingredients should be BtA - I agree

Ingredients should be exchangable - I agree as well. It seems most of the challenges drop ingredient in pretty equal quantities, minus the newest one, so this exchange woudl lieky just for people who happen to have to much of X and need a little more of Y, not for people who want to run challenge A exclusively, to get ingredients from challenge B, since any 2:1 ratio would have them entirely wasting their time. The newest quest mats, who's name escapes me at the moment, would obviously need a different conversion ratio.

An Addition: The Randomized Items from turn-ins should also be BtA. Here's why: Imagine a player with mutliple casters. When they roll the dice on a scepter, they could get glacation of ice lore, which woudl be great for their cold savant. However, if they roll nullification of void lore, that would be great for their wizard - but now its stuck on their sorc! Or if they Roll Devotion of Healing Lore, which would be perfect for their cleric, but again it is now stuck on their sorc!

This example could apply to many different character types who share weapons, such a dex based rogue with a monk splash who gets +10 stunning on some wraps, which would be great on his wisdom based pure monk - but the rogue doesn't even have stunning fist!

Since players don't know what they are actually getting, there is a strong possibility they won't want what is given to them. Those items could be much better for alts, but the game has no way of transferring them, since they are bound to character!

Rae_Rae
11-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree wholeheartedly.

Carpone
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Can a dev comment why Eveningstar ingredients are BtC while Cannith ingredients are BtA? Pretty please.

Karadon_II
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM
/signed

BtA mats = fun
BtC mats = not fun / frustrating

baletraeger
11-19-2012, 07:44 AM
/signed

redspecter23
11-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Can a dev comment why Eveningstar ingredients are BtC while Cannith ingredients are BtA? Pretty please.

But those sort of simple 1 minute replies would require minimal effort to quell maximum rage. That's not the Turbine way. This topic needs to turn into a full blown screamfest before we can have a moment of time to explain the logic. We can make it even easier and reduce that to about 15 seconds. Turbine please pick which option applies most accurately to the given situation.

A) The ingredients are BtC? Hmm that's a bug and they always should have been BtA.

B) We have a very good game balancing reason why they are BtC and not BtA. One day we'll take a few moments to explain this as it's information that players might find enlightening

C) We rolled a d100.
1-33, BtA
34-66, BtC
67-99, unbound
100, RAINBOWS!

D) The dev in charge of that had no clue that BtA was the standard for Cannith and chose BtC without this knowledge. We'll see what we can do to get them changed to BtA when we get some time.

E) Something to do with multiple toons on one account and the free daily tokens causing some sort of exploitable (we don't get yer cash) situation where people could craft at a reasonable pace without buying the pack. No we don't want to address the actual issue of potentially unlimited free tokens and will instead just make the ingredients BtC to "fix" it. (this isn't a GAME balance reason. It's a DDO STORE balance reason)

LordRavnos
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
This has been brought up multiple times.....and I shall /sigh it yet again, because it needs to be brought up til its fixed I believe

Stoner81
11-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Africkingmen

/thread.

/signed.

This BtC stuff if beyond a joke now the sheer amount of it there is in game.

Stoner81.