PDA

View Full Version : Devils in Monster Manual

Gaunt1995
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Since Devils seems to be very present at higher levels (I.E. Vale of Twilight and Devils of Shavarath Pack), I'd say adding a Devil/Outsider entry to the Monster Manual would be a good idea.

Marcus-Hawkeye
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I assume they will be adding more chapters to the monster manual over the next year or so, perhaps even beyond that.

Barazon
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
They will very likely add a mixture of monsters in each new "volume", with one that everyone wants, like "Evil Outsider - Pit Fiend" mixed in with a bunch of **** that no one cares about, to entice you to buy that volume. Then "Evil Outsider - Orthon" in the next volume, mixed with more junk, etc.

Mastikator
11-09-2012, 03:30 AM
They will very likely add a mixture of monsters in each new "volume", with one that everyone wants, like "Evil Outsider - Pit Fiend" mixed in with a bunch of **** that no one cares about, to entice you to buy that volume. Then "Evil Outsider - Orthon" in the next volume, mixed with more junk, etc.

Not true. Every possible category of monster is worth having. Things like Pit Fiend would be the icing on the cake though.

CheeseMilk
11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd like to see a "Fiend Folio" edition of the monster manual, organized slightly differently from the current volumes.

The trash-types would be the same, one entry for Bearded Devils, one for Orthons, etc, but each of the Big Boss-types would have their own page, and you would unlock lore and stats by beating them on various difficulties.

Something like that, anyway.