PDA

View Full Version : Blade Barrier

steve9992
11-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I have been away from the game for a while and was looking for a link that explains how or what helps blade barrier.
Is it impulse, radiance? I am making an arti and looking for max (or high) BB damage. I am guessing that it would be similar to a fs and cannot seem to find an answer. Thanks in advance.

madmaxhunter
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
This is the thread I use: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=364458 Excellent guide to Artie builds.

And specific to your query (DDOWiki is your friend): http://ddowiki.com/page/Blade_Barrier

Kinerd
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Blade Barrier does physical damage. Anything that specifically says it will increase physical damage will make your Blade Barrier stronger (so long as it stacks with or exceeds everything else you have). For instance...

Impulse enchantment increases Force, Physical, and Untyped Spell Power, so that works.
Radiance enchantment increases Light, so that does not work.
Potency enchantment increases Universal Spell Power, so that works, but only the highest of Potency or Impulse will work if you have both.

Force Manipulation enhancement increases Force, Physical, and Untyped Spell Power, so that works.
Every other Manipulation enhancement increases a specific element, so that does not work.

MrChipinator
11-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Above has the right answer, I believe there is a lower-level runearm that gives you bonuses for BB...

Found it, its Recoyle which gives +52 Impulse, which would affect your BB without having to swap anything around.

Peashooter is another okay(ish) option, does +28~ Spell Power, much less of a pain to get than Recoyle, but with the changes to HP in U16, either should be viable.

Warspell
01-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Presently I am running Belt of the Seven Ideals ML:13 +48 Potency w/ Skiver ML:14 Greater Arcane Lore 9% spell crit. with 0.25 crit. damage multiplier. Recently, I discovered that the Blue Dragon Scale Robes ML:14 has +52 Potency and Greater Arcane Lore is a two in one deal and is slightly more powerful. Throw in an eardweller clicky giving a temporary +100 Potency (non-stackable) for the particularly larger more nastier mobs and you will be leaving trails of dead enemies in your dust for miles.

CThruTheEgo
01-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Your question about blade barrier has already been answered, but if you are interested feel free to check out the link in my sig for a casting focused arti build with blade barriers that hit for about 400 and crit for 1000. You will find a full gear setup that will help you get there.