PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

Ilran
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
How many people have contact on things like Facebook? Now for those that wish to have them log into a way to chat on what server they want to WITHOUT being logged into the game fully. Example:I would log into a service that would allow me to see my guild chat, maybe trades. This app would allow give alerts when someone logs on. This mainly allows people to stay in touch while not fully playing the game. Behind a person's name logged on this app would by the letter (M). This would mean of course they where using the mobile app to chat. Mobile people could not be invited into parties. This is something no other game has that I know of. in a world that likes to stay connected why not to the chat on the game?

Now what made me think of this. I am sitting in a hospital with an IPad. How many others out there might be in a place that they only have their phones or tablets?

CaptainSpacePony
11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I do not want Turbine to devote any resources to this. I'd rather they develop new content, rehash old stuff, and fix bugs.

When I was a member of a large guild, we had our own website and team speak so we could and did communicate out of game.

There are many other ways to crack this egg and while I agree that the OP's suggestion would be a nice to have, the opportunity cost is the loss of other, (IMO) more important things being worked on.

Ilran
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I do not want Turbine to devote any resources to this. I'd rather they develop new content, rehash old stuff, and fix bugs.

When I was a member of a large guild, we had our own website and team speak so we could and did communicate out of game.

There are many other ways to crack this egg and while I agree that the OP's suggestion would be a nice to have, the opportunity cost is the loss of other, (IMO) more important things being worked on.
w.
I understand an agree with most of what you stated. However, all mmo games.have new content, all games have thier things that need to be fixed. I am suggesting something to make ddo stand out. In addition I know a number of people who do not have the power in thier machines to run more than one app at a time. In addition, add the apps do not tie into ddo directly. I see no reason other than the resources you state why this would not be good ideal. How many games like ddo do you know that reaches computers, phones and tablets? There are none that I know of. Some other game will do it soon enough, why shouldn't ddo be the first. Let ddo lead not follow.

Silverwren
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Sounds like fun! I could chat with my guildies while I pike at work. :eek:

Ilran
11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Sounds like fun! I could chat with my guildies while I pike at work. :eek:

Do you think it will bring people to the game? Or keep people in the game? I don't think it would be for free accounts unless they bought in the ddo like a character space. That might be how it is done, a mobile character slot. The other way maybe to log into on your toon through the mobile app and the (m) would be placed after thier name.

Silverwren
11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Do you think it will bring people to the game?

Nope.

Or keep people in the game?

Nope.

I just think it would be a nice little perk. I don't, however, think it's do-able, and if it increases the amount of lag (or even has the potential to) I don't want any dev to even think of implementing it.