PDA

View Full Version : Soul merge - combine btc items between toons

Enga
11-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Do you have one character geared for a certain build, and a different toon pulled the tod ring you'd been looking for?
Did you pull a citw weapon that is perfect completion to your gear set... that you have on your alt?

Turbine could offer an option in this type of situation: soul merge. Select two toons to TR. When you click the tr button, you would get ONE new character and the tr cache would have the inventory from BOTH.

Musouka
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Why should you be able to merge 2 together, just because one has the weapon the other could use?

So you can just farm the raids on your first life pale master warforged and farm every little item that would be good for your main's completionist build just to merge it?

/not signed

Gorbadoc
11-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Musouka's argument against this:
Someone could make first-life farming builds to run the raid with the desired items while their primary build was on timer.

My response:
Is that bad? Personally, I spend more time leveling a character to 20 than I do farming items for him. I guess I can see how a farming player could get items faster like this, but I still don't see the problem. Presumably this would be a minority of players-- does a majority of players really have the time to run characters for the sole purpose of getting an item and merging with a primary character?

My argument for this:
It seems strange to me to destroy a character you worked to create just to get an item off of him; however, it's your loot, so I figure you should be able to do what you like with it.

A possible developer argument against this:
This would be a logical tool to use if you're scaling back your playing of DDO-- e.g. you have solid items spread across a few characters, but you only have time these days to play one character. Do the developers really want to encourage people to scale back their playing?

My short answer: /signed, but low priority.

CaptainSpacePony
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
This sounds like a more complicated version of replace BtC with BtA. I don't support the simpler version and the extra hoops don't make it look any better.

Musouka
11-04-2012, 01:38 PM
This sounds like a more complicated version of replace BtC with BtA. I don't support the simpler version and the extra hoops don't make it look any better.

I also agree with this. Items are BtC, not BtA. I am totally against making BtC items able to be transferable.

Kinerd
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
+1 for the imagination (bordering on audacity), but as others have mentioned the simpler version is more efficient. BtC is just a clumsy mechanic, make it BtA and problem solved.

Dysmetria
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Do you have one character geared for a certain build, and a different toon pulled the tod ring you'd been looking for?
Did you pull a citw weapon that is perfect completion to your gear set... that you have on your alt?

Turbine could offer an option in this type of situation: soul merge. Select two toons to TR. When you click the tr button, you would get ONE new character and the tr cache would have the inventory from BOTH.So you find a weapon (or TOD ring or whatever) on your main that is the "perfect completion" of your alt's gear set and that your main doesn't need. You would rather delete your main, and spend 200+ hours releveling your alt from 1 to cap just for this one item rather than letting people roll on it and continuing to play both characters and trying to farm it on your alt? That sounds crazy to me, it is just one piece of gear.