PDA

View Full Version : Forum Request : Thread Filters

Bogenbroom
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Been asking for variants of this for *years* now, and every time the forums start become polluted with mass whining and snarkiness I bring it up again.

Can we *PLEASE* get some mechanism for filtering out threads from our view.

- Filtering them one-by-one would be fine.
- Filtering out new threads by specific posters would be great.
- Filtering out based on a Regex match would be AWESOME!

I really like using the forums, but I get really sick of the entire forum being taken over by the complaint-of-the-day. So much that other threads, things we might like to contribute to, get lost. So I am asking for this not to complain about the complainers, but to ask that the forums add a feature that with help improve its usefulness.

Dhalgren
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
User CP => Edit ignore list

Or is that not what you're looking for?

Bogenbroom
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
User CP => Edit ignore list

Or is that not what you're looking for?

That will let you ignore posts from an individual, but not threads started by that individual.

Dhalgren
10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
That will let you ignore posts from an individual, but not threads started by that individual.

Dang, you're right. Drag. Seems to be a vBulletin thing.

On the plus side, a feature request was apparently submitted to the vBulletin team for an "ignore completely" feature about a month ago. Could be a while before it sees the light of day, though.

Llewndyn
10-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Been asking for variants of this for *years* now, and every time the forums start become polluted with mass whining and snarkiness I bring it up again.

Can we *PLEASE* get some mechanism for filtering out threads from our view.

- Filtering them one-by-one would be fine.
- Filtering out new threads by specific posters would be great.
- Filtering out based on a Regex match would be AWESOME!

I really like using the forums, but I get really sick of the entire forum being taken over by the complaint-of-the-day. So much that other threads, things we might like to contribute to, get lost. So I am asking for this not to complain about the complainers, but to ask that the forums add a feature that with help improve its usefulness.

Isn't whining on the forums about being able to filter forum threads going against the entire point of oh no I've gone crosseyed.

I would like to filter out everything but drama and closed threads as those are the ones I like to read the most.