PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Kylric
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Hello folks,

I had a couple of questions and thought it best I just add them on the same thread.

#1) Tumble: To take or not to take? I’m not really sure if it is beneficial or not, and I will be making a ranger/rogue.

#2) “Must do” quests? So, the other day I finished a quest and found that I earned extra storage space, which was already very essential! So, are there any lists of “must do” quests?

Thanks in advance!

Stoner81
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
1. Generally not much use, most people take just one rank of it (one full point and not half when it's a cross class skill) in order to activate it, after that most people ignore it.

2. Coin Lords and House K quests are imho the must haves early on since the Coin Lords ones give you extra back pack space (one at 75 favor and one at 150 favor with a portable hole). House K favor grants you extra space in your characters bank which is very handy (one slot at 75 favor and one at 150 favor).

Stoner81.

Axemage
10-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Hello folks,

I had a couple of questions and thought it best I just add them on the same thread.

#1) Tumble: To take or not to take? I’m not really sure if it is beneficial or not, and I will be making a ranger/rogue.

#2) “Must do” quests? So, the other day I finished a quest and found that I earned extra storage space, which was already very essential! So, are there any lists of “must do” quests?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

1 - If you would like to do a neat roll in any direction, just put 1 rank into tumble, and unless you wear restrictive equipment, eventually you can try it...:) Tumbling is available if you are slowed like when you walk in knee deep water, thus it can quicken your movement in those situations. Also you can try to tumble under traps to avoid them, or away from enemies, but this never worked really good for me...:)

2 - Its more about Favor to a given influence group than about a specific quest. Each quest is tied to a faction in DDO, for example most korthos, market and harbor quests you are doing for the coin lords. If you complete these quests, on the highest difficulty possible, you gain the most favor with the group. At given favor levels they give you neat presents, like the aforementioned bank space or inventory space.

Axemage

Franke
10-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Have a look here http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor it'll give you the full run down.

Jeromio
10-26-2012, 06:10 AM
I usually don't take more than 1 point in tumble. However, there are a couple of benefits not mentioned yet. Tumble reduces falling damage, so if you want to fall fast (without featherfall) with reduced damage, it can be handy sometimes.
There's also a raid called the Reaver's Fate where you'll take reduced damage after the raid boss has sent you flying, with reversed gravity, to the roof for a while.

Even if you only have one point, but are an arcane or have some UMD, there are scrolls for the Tumble spell, and this gives a little bit of increased tumble score for a limited time.

Kylric
10-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks folks, much appreciated!

Alrik_Fassbauer
10-26-2012, 08:46 AM
From time to time I do quests with lots of chests even when I'm far above the level because I can sell the stuff there anyway if I don't want it.

Quests with lots of chests are :

- Irestone Inlet
- Gwylan's Stand
- Redwillow's Ruins