PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, that "Leader: Public Group" message

Peter_Principle
10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Enter a dungeon with public groups on, and some message appears right in front of your face titled "Leader:Public Group" followed by a bunch of jibber jabber. And then when you smash a crate (or even worse, attack a monster) you get *another* message, something about a timer. That monster you're trying to target is now hidden behind a wall of irrelevant text. Argh!

Please tell me there is a way to make those messages go away and never come back. Please?

Dysmetria
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Please tell me there is a way to make those messages go away and never come back. Please?You can make them go away and never come back by simply not being the leader of a public group ever again.

Simplesimon1979
10-20-2012, 11:15 PM
It could of been worse and been a pop up box that messes with your look.

OrodelaSol
10-20-2012, 11:18 PM
You can make them go away and never come back by simply not being the leader of a public group ever again.

not a solution...i agree with op...the message is annoying. should be able to shut it off

Peter_Principle
10-20-2012, 11:50 PM
You can make them go away and never come back by simply not being the leader of a public group ever again.

I want people to join me in my adventuring, though.

Dysmetria
10-21-2012, 12:03 AM
not a solution...i agree with op...the message is annoying. should be able to shut it offHow is that not a solution? It will get rid of it forever as requested.

I want people to join me in my adventuring, though.So lead private groups, or join them in their adventuring instead.

cru121
10-21-2012, 03:17 AM
it's truly annoying and it really should be closable

Peter_Principle
10-21-2012, 04:38 AM
How is that not a solution? It will get rid of it forever as requested.

So lead private groups,

Does a private group show to everyone, or is it hidden?

or join them in their adventuring instead.

That's a partial solution. It can be difficult if I want to complete a particular quest.

I'd like to make the message go away without having to alter the way I play the game. Do you know of any way to do that?

SirValentine
10-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Does a private group show to everyone, or is it hidden?

"Private" groups show up on the LFM listing. "Private" really just means the kind of normal LFM groups that we've had for years. These weird new "Public" ones are not particularly useful, are buggy as all get out, have horrible default level ranges, and, as you pointed out, are filled with annoying messages.

The only time I use them is for wilderness areas, because that's the only way to get the name of the wilderness to show as the quest selection. For actual quests, real, old-style, normal "Private" LFMs are the way to go.

Sarzor
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I had some public groups up when it just came out, since I tend to take the first 5 who apply anyway. After dealing with those messages though, I pretty quickly just put up a private LFM.

It's a great idea, and I like it in concept, it just is really, really annoying to see all that text twice in a quest.

Peter_Principle
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I had some public groups up when it just came out, since I tend to take the first 5 who apply anyway. After dealing with those messages though, I pretty quickly just put up a private LFM.

It's a great idea, and I like it in concept, it just is really, really annoying to see all that text twice in a quest.

What's an LFM? Is that just "LFG" on the quest menu?

I notice that when I instance a dungeon I'm more likely to get other adventurers when I make the group public rather than private. Am I doing something wrong, then?

Daemoneyes
10-21-2012, 09:17 PM

text?
text?
thats a ****ing WALL not a text...
i hate it and this is the only reason i do slayer solo or only with guildys
for quests ill put up lfm, mostly, but this been rarer and rarer as some people..