PDA

View Full Version : 3rd life Druid

random31
10-19-2012, 07:11 PM
I am planning my third life as a Druid. Since I mostly solo and expect (20k from level 20 on second life and never done shroud) to take 6 month to get to 20 I am planning on rogue splash for xp from traps.
Should I play pure druid, any advice will be appretiated.

ThreeEyedBob
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
There are many ways to go. I did pure caster and am working on more of a hybrid on the second life. Doing pure caster is fully possible and quite fun. The only problem that I found was spell points.

For the second life I went with 2 rogue levels as base but after a while I found some great posts on combining with fighter for more feats and stalwart prestige. Current lvl 2 rogue/10 druid/2 fighter and its a blast. Building on 1h-shield combo for max doublestrikes and fighting in dire bear form with Reaving Roar. It works very well.

I've done my share of "pure" classes now and I must say that most characters gains a lot of power by doing the right splashes. The trick is finding classes that has great synergy for your "main" class.

unbongwah
10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I am planning on rogue splash for xp from traps.
I wouldn't do a rogue splash just for the extra XP from traps; nevertheless, I posted a druid 18 / rog 2 wolf-focused build here (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4733650&postcount=4). Not sure how I'd change it for 36-pt build - maybe INT 12 WIS 18 (presuming at least +2 INT tome before TRing)?

ajh158
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I am planning my third life as a Druid. Since I mostly solo and expect (20k from level 20 on second life and never done shroud) to take 6 month to get to 20 I am planning on rogue splash for xp from traps.

I'm a casual solo player playing a 13th level pure druid - all levels are default Nature's Warrior path (I always pick "Stay on your chosen path").

Locked chests are really annoying to me, because I can't open them without a rogue hireling, but as far as traps go, I have been to bull through them with pots at lower levels and now Resist Energy and Protection From Energy. To be clear, my toon has died to traps, but it was always when I let my pot or buffs run out. If you feel like you need to take a rogue level just so you can disable traps in order to complete content, I can tell you that I haven't found it to be necessary.

Gadget2775
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM

Track down Rons Character planner and pre-build before you play. Will save headaches down the line. Biggest things, take Rogue at level 1, and make sure if Int is low you plan enough Rogue levels to keep Disarm, Search, Spot maxed. Spot is especially important if you aren't use to playing a trap-monkey. Open locks is good to keep maxed, but chest don't explode when you fail to disarm them, and ya can't disarm if you can't find.

Couple other thought:
UMD is still awesome if you can fit it in, being able to bypass RR and some alignmnet restrictions rocks.
Would strongly suggest Half-Elf with Pally-D if you can, the boost to reflex saves is worth it . Don't overdo base charisma though, just enough for the feat. A level appropriate item will let you match the max bonus as you purchase the enhancement upgrades.

Beyond that, I usually don't worry about XP from traps...Am a bigger fan of the Monk splash for Evasion and Feats, but it's a personal preference. Good luck and I hope you enjoy.

wax_on_wax_off
10-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I just finished leveling a hybrid sword and board casting wolf Druid and it was an absolute blast. I absolutely wouldn't splash as I wouldn't want to defer Reaving Roar, Firewall, Earthquake or Snowslide for anything in the world.