PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation question

Kylric
10-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I have a level 4 ranger/rogue that I’m thinking of reincarnating. Why you ask? Because I used a Greater Tome of learning on him and it’s cheaper to use a lesser heart. My questions:

1) Since he is a half-elf would I also be able to change his Dilettante feat?
2) I started level 1 as a rogue, would I still be a rogue at level one? Is there a way to change that?
3) I have 2 levels of ranger and 2 levels of rogue, if I use a +1 lesser heart would I only be able to drop 1 ranger level?

In truth, I’m not sure what I’m working towards at this moment, but I would like to really understand how Reincarnation works before I waste more time/money. In truth, I might just stay a rogue/ranger, but I would like to know the options.

Thank you in advance

shadereaper33
10-14-2012, 01:11 PM
1- yes, you can change your dilletante feat to whatever you want, as long as you meet the requirements for it.
2- Your level order will remain the same. So, your first level will be rogue. UNLESS you use a lesser heart with a "+" value (+1,+3+5), then you could change what you took at first level, or any other level for that matter.
3-yes, if you use a +1 lesser heart, you could change out 1 ranger level, or 1 rogue level, but only 1 class level could be changed. If you used a +3 heart, you could change 3 class level selections, or 5 with a +5 heart.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation has more information on all types of reincarnation. Hope that helps.

Rusty_Can
10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
2) I started level 1 as a rogue, would I still be a rogue at level one? Is there a way to change that?

Common wisdom is that rogue-splashed characters should start as rogue, since it grants bucketloads of skill points; however, there are a few exceptions.

Keep also in mind that LR won't allow you to change your alignment and some classes have alignment restrictions (for instance, paladins need to be lawful good, monks any lawful, bards and barbarians any non lawful, etc..).

Untitled
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I have a level 4 ranger/rogue that I’m thinking of reincarnating. Why you ask? Because I used a Greater Tome of learning on him and it’s cheaper to use a lesser heart. My questions:

1) Since he is a half-elf would I also be able to change his Dilettante feat?
3) I have 2 levels of ranger and 2 levels of rogue, if I use a +1 lesser heart would I only be able to drop 1 ranger level?

In truth, I’m not sure what I’m working towards at this moment, but I would like to really understand how Reincarnation works before I waste more time/money. In truth, I might just stay a rogue/ranger, but I would like to know the options.

Thank you in advance

Lesser Reincarnation (Which you get to do once for FREE!)
This allows you to re-level your character with the same at-level class selections you made. You will be able to re-allocate base ability scores, chosen skill points, chosen feats, and the appearance of your character (IIRC).

It will NOT allow you to pick different class choices at level, change your gender or alignment, nor your name.

Basically, you are re-leveling as you already did.

+X Lesser Reincarnation
This will function exactly as above, however it will allow you to change 'a single' class choice decision you made leveling for every +X (Please note, you don't get change, there is no +2, you either use a +1 or a +3)

This would allow you to swap out those Rogue choices with a +3, or a single class choice with a +1.

Please note, this is specific to the decision you made at a specific level, if you started Rogue for 1 and 2, and Wizard for 3-20, you can't change where in those you allocate your class.

Example, with the Rogue/Wizard above, you could swap both the initial Rogue levels for any other class you want, but they would have to be at Level 1 and 2, or any of the Wizard levels (3-20). You can't 'Swap' levels, you couldn't make your 19,20 Wizard choices into Rogue, and Turn your 1,2 into Wizard, doing so would require +4.

+X Greater Reincarnation
This functions exactly like those above, however, if you initially had a 28 Point character build, this will provide you with 4 additional attribute points to distribute (Granting 32 Points in total instead of 28).

True Reincarnation
This is something you can do at Level 20 (or greater) which brings you back as a fresh Level 1 character, all your previous items will go into a bank you can draw from throughout your new life. You will be granted an additional 2 build points per TR (up to 4), as well as a passive past life bonus (feat).

You will require more experience to reach level 20. You will be able to change most of your character options upon creation. (Except Name and Gender IIRC).

Hopefully this will have cleared some stuff up for you, even though I ranted a bit ;p

Kylric
10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Much appreciated folks. It was helpful. I just need to make a few decisions and plan a build now :)