PDA

View Full Version : I ask, nay *I DEMAND* a change to Primal Avatar!

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
It is in poor taste (not strong enough), it is flat out wrong (could do better then this), it's inconceivable, unconstitutional, evil and anti-Jebus (meh, will have to do) for an ability called "The Oncoming Storm" to do anything other then *sonic* damage, no lightning damage!

As a proud fan of Gallifreyan medical staff members I refuse to let such a travesty go on and I vow to kill a cute puppy using an even cuter kitten as a flail every hour, on the hour until this is fixed!

P.S. Add a sonic screwdriver noise when it procs if possible.

Vargouille
10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
It is in poor taste (not strong enough), it is flat out wrong (could do better then this), it's inconceivable, unconstitutional, evil and anti-Jebus (meh, will have to do) for an ability called "The Oncoming Storm" to do anything other then *sonic* damage, no lightning damage!

As a proud fan of Gallifreyan medical staff members I refuse to let such a travesty go on and I vow to kill a cute puppy using an even cuter kitten as a flail every hour, on the hour until this is fixed!

While we do like humor, titling your thread with the word 'Demand' is a good way to get some devs to not read it. FYI!

That said, demands for sonic'ing are included if not exclusive. This is already the final rank of The Oncoming Storm that you could be playing with on Lamannia right now:

Attacks by your summoned and charmed pets, hirelings, and monsters gain a 1% chance to knockdown enemies, and 1% chance to deal 20d20 sonic damage when they attack, and 1% chance to deal 20d20 Electric damage when they attack.

Should you be some kind of artificer who creates strange things out of random bits from your bags of holding (possibly sewn into your coat), this would not be the first time The Oncoming Storm's mechanical dog sonic'd something, electrified someplace, or knocked someone over.

Memnir
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
psychic paper

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
While we do like humor, titling your thread with the word 'Demand' is a good way to get some devs to not read it. FYI!

That said, demands for sonic'ing are included if not exclusive. This is already the final rank of The Oncoming Storm that you could be playing with on Lamannia right now:

Attacks by your summoned and charmed pets, hirelings, and monsters gain a 1% chance to knockdown enemies, and 1% chance to deal 20d20 sonic damage when they attack, and 1% chance to deal 20d20 Electric damage when they attack.

Should you be some kind of artificer who creates strange things out of random bits from your bags of holding (possibly sewn into your coat), this would not be the first time The Oncoming Storm's mechanical dog sonic'd something, electrified someplace, or knocked someone over.

First of all thanks for actually answering this, I never expected a dev to take the time to reply to this, it was more of a shout out to all the Dr Who fans.

Second, yeah I like the effect and really the only way I would have a real problem is if it did force damage, the Doctor doesn't use force. Maybe give it a haste or slow proc? :)

Havok.cry
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Are you telling us about one of the other arti PREs?

Memnir
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Are you telling us about one of the other arti PREs?
I think it was more a reference to this fine fellow.
http://i.imgur.com/etrUB.jpg
The Oncoming Storm ability of Primal Avatar is a Dr. Who reference... as was much of Varg's reply. At least, I think so. :)

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
i think it was more a reference to this fine fellow.
http://i.imgur.com/etrub.jpg
the oncoming storm ability of primal avatar is a dr. Who reference... As was much of varg's reply. At least, i think so. :)

affirmative!

arminius
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Haste proc would be good, since The Doctor's primary strategy for most any situation is "Run!"

Hot Babe Companion Proc, also good.

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Haste proc would be good, since The Doctor's primary strategy for most any situation is "Run!"

Hot Babe Companion Proc, also good.

The Doctor is obiviously a bard 12, arty 6 , rogue 2 wand build, with augment summon and specialized in enchantments.

He's in Magister destiny for a Succubus companion and the extra casting lvls.

Dolphious
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM

One would think that would be the case, but honestly it seems like the more rude and obnoxious a poster is the more likely they are to get a dev response.

Persiflage
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
The Doctor is obiviously a bard 12, arty 6 , rogue 2 wand build, with augment summon and specialized in enchantments.

He's in Magister destiny for a Succubus companion and the extra casting lvls.

Fool mortal; he's THE DOCTOR, able to draw from resources spanning the entire space-time continuum... what makes you think he's only using class and ability combinations available to you? The version you see on your TV screen is from 1,000 years in the future, 15 years after the release of the enhancement pass (and 3 weeks after the final bug-fix).

How do I know? Well, at the very least he has gained access to the Cleric capstone, wouldn't you say? ;)

EDIT: This message has been brought to you from the year 3014. At time of writing, the devs have as yet declined to say whether or not the complete change to his toon's appearance (including gear and armour kits) whenever Divine Intervention revives him is WAI. There's no mention of it in the release notes.

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Fool mortal; he's THE DOCTOR, able to draw from resources spanning the entire space-time continuum... what makes you think he's only using class and ability combinations available to you? The version you see on your TV screen is from 1,000 years in the future, 15 years after the release of the enhancement pass (and 3 weeks after the final bug-fix).

How do I know? Well, at the very least he has gained access to the Cleric capstone, wouldn't you say? ;)

EDIT: This message has been brought to you from the year 3014. At time of writing, the devs have as yet declined to say whether or not the complete change to his toon's appearance (including gear and armour kits) whenever Divine Intervention revives him is WAI. There's no mention of it in the release notes.

"and 3 weeks after the final bug-fix"

Okay I lost it right there, thank God no one was in my office to see me lmao.

GrampaBill
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM

The funny thing is, this is at least the second thread I've read that had a "demand" in the title and both had responses by Devs. The first one I remember was the WF Healing Amp bug complaint.

I've read a number of reasoned complaints and suggestion threads completely ignored by Devs. Ever since the "Read by a Dev" stamp was lost it seems that the flys are caught with vinegar and not honey.

Eladrin
10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Ever since the "Read by a Dev" stamp was lost it seems that the flys are caught with vinegar and not honey.
It's Doctor Who references that draw us out.

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
The funny thing is, this is at least the second thread I've read that had a "demand" in the title and both had responses by Devs. The first one I remember was the WF Healing Amp bug complaint.

I've read a number of reasoned complaints and suggestion threads completely ignored by Devs. Ever since the "Read by a Dev" stamp was lost it seems that the flys are caught with vinegar and not honey.

In his defence my "vinegar" was mostly sprinkled for flavor and had nothing to do with honey filled center :)

My guess is they read a lot more posts then we give them credit and only asnwer the few that they find interesting, easy to solve or too huge to avoid. This was probably an "easy fix" that didn't require much of his time or was an serious issue to begin with.

GrampaBill
10-12-2012, 04:01 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/2/kcg-nkpAs0iYy2v42dodhg2.jpg

Missing_Minds
10-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Honestly, once I figured out the Dr. Who referance I couldn't help but read the OP in the style of David Morrissey ala The Dr. in Christmas Special 2008 "The Next Doctor."

Havok.cry
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
If your giving us doctor who, please add in daleks, weeping angels, and cybermen. Also seconding the summon hot babe companion ability, it is clearly necessary.

Persiflage
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
"and 3 weeks after the final bug-fix"

okay i lost it right there, thank god no one was in my office to see me lmao.

... :)

Tiamas
10-12-2012, 05:34 PM

I think the word "demand" worked great, considering the first answer is from a dev :D *takes some notes*

DeafeningWhisper
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the word "demand" worked great, considering the first answer is from a dev :D *takes some notes*

In all honesty when I saw that I was already expecting this to be closed and getting a reprimand in the mail.

Recared
10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
:DDDDDDDDDDDD Great thread.

There is no game in the world like DDO and there are no forums like those of DDO.

Best game, best people. Period :-)

Gyga

DemonStorm333
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM

hahahaha so eladrin wich doctor do u assosiate ur self with :)

Diyon
10-13-2012, 12:13 AM
http://xkcd.com/357/

Vargouille
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
One would think that would be the case, but honestly it seems like the more rude and obnoxious a poster is the more likely they are to get a dev response.

I simply wouldn't have responded to this thread had it not been a humor thread, guaranteed. Normally I probably wouldn't have bothered reading it at all except that it mentioned Primal Avatar, what I was working on at the moment I saw this. There's even some posters who start off reasonable, I respond to, and later end up on my ignore list because of multiple unreasonable and unproductive posts. Yes, some devs make use of ignore lists.

And I've personally made an effort to respond more to threads that tell us what players like as much as what they don't like. Positive posts are at least as useful to us in shaping the direction of the game and making decisions, and realistically each one is more valuable simply due to rarity!

That said, I read every post in the Epic Destinies sub-forum, and have at least skimmed every reply to the enhancements threads we've set up. Not everything gets a reply: WAI!

twigzz
10-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Noted! :D

Memnir
10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I've also heard that lighting a red candle, chanting a Devs' true name three times while looking into a mirror exactly at midnight, and then blowing out the candle will also draw them out. Right behind you. :eek:

azrael4h
10-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I wonder if the Rite of Ashkente could bring one around as well? I'll need several big dribbly candles, 2cc of mouse's blood, the mouse, and an egg. Fresh.

Antiguo
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder if the Rite of Ashkente could bring one around as well? I'll need several big dribbly candles, 2cc of mouse's blood, the mouse, and an egg. Fresh.

You youngsters dont know how to do proper ritual magic!, if you dont sacrifice AT LEAST a black roster and a black sheep whit a dagger made whit a dragon bone the rite is not worth to be chanted!

donfilibuster
10-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Sometimes you have to remind him that he should appear 'inside' the circle ;)

HatsuharuZ
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM

And make sure it's him and not his granddaughter....

azrael4h
10-15-2012, 03:39 AM
And make sure it's him and not his granddaughter....

Or Son-in-law...

stoerm
10-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Dalek.

I like zombies, the starry sky over Stormreach, and the wicked Stunning Blow animation.

Toughest job I ever had: selling doors, door to door.*

Now that I got the DSO section done with, could you please add a dash of pizzazz to the eminently functional and generally cromulent Magister ED? Something to make me shout "My House!" or perhaps "Witness My Perfection!"

Not a top priority, I recently heard monks are all hoarse from cheering GMOF moves and my wizzy is just feeling a bit jealous.

*Credits to Bill Bailey

vcntmnd
10-17-2012, 04:48 AM

Dang bugs.

DoctorWhofan
10-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi! I heard there was thing-ees I might be interested in.

(Reads Thread)

(smiles)

EVERY CHARCTER I HAVE will have this Epic destiny.No matter how many holes I will dig, everyone of my charcters will have "Oncoming storm". A matter of principle, really.

Especially if it comes with tin dogs....

PLLLLEEEEEZZZ let there be tin dogs...and long scarves as items added to the game. And long brown jackets. And...oh, there needs to be a blue box somewhere in the game.