PDA

View Full Version : Scroll, Shard and Seal Trade

Daemoneyes
10-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Hoi

Its nice that we can trade Sandscrolls but really that is not enough, also the rates in which they can be traded should be changed. Cause atm Sandscrolls are practicly worthless.

Scrolls trade 5 for 1
Scrolls are very common and everyone that tried to get a epic he wanted will have dozens of scrolls till he gets the seal, also 3 for 1 ruined the market for scrolls.

Shards trade 4 for 1
Shards are harder to get but still after some repeating of the quests you will have enough for either trade or luckily gotten the one you need.

Seals trade 3 for 1
Seals are very rare, maybe just for me but i really do not see them drop much.
So 3for1 seems to fit and it still makes u give up items you maybe would have gotten some use out of them with your other chars.

Maybe even add a Platin cost for the Trade to get another Money sink.
I would say 50 - 100k per Trade seems fair and would limit trading them a bit.
Cause trading them in should not be common to get the items it should be last resort if you are really unlucky or if the quests like Partycrashers just suck in droprate.
(78 runs with at least 5 people to see one Cloak Seal drop :p)

mr420247
10-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Scrolls can be traded but Shards and Seals

Are BTA so unless u trade them b4 u pull them in chests cant be done

rokes
10-06-2012, 03:35 PM

And maybe that's why he made this whole post to make them tradeable? :p

I would love this. Especially since (most) old epic items are outdated... Making them easier to get won't be at all game breaking or anything

/signed

Daemoneyes
10-06-2012, 07:15 PM

As rokes said, throw that dice again maybe you dont fail that second reading DC. :p ;)

I know that they cant be traded with players except the scrolls.
Which is actually a bad mechanic now as way over level player have to grind quests completly brainafk just in the hope to see something drop and then again hope it would be something you actually want.

This mechanic was ok while max lvl was 20 with no Epic Destinies and Epic where actually something difficult and it was fun to run them.
Atm even my totally gimped not able to scroll heal 20 earth savant without ED yawns in Epic Hard... and Epic Elite is sadly not an option for him cause scaling is way through the roof.

So all u and i can do is soul-eating boring Epic Hard grind and even that wont get you the seal/shard in say 70 runs. That is way to much for epics which are replaced through random loot and commendations turn ins in 2 more level.

Also i am not talking about player trade, i want a NPC or Altar or whatever which lets you trade them for the scroll/seal/shard you actually need.

I would even be ok with a much higher Trade cost in scrolls/seals/shards or even 200k platin would be ok for me and most of other players.

Cause with the state now player sit at 40ish scrolls, 20ish shards and maybe even 10+ seals but get none of the one the actually want.
Hell i got 9 seal of the Big Top, 5 seal of Roderics Wand, 3 Greataxe and tons of other stuff but did in 78 runs not have once drop a seal of the Mirror Cloak, another player got that drop and was kind enough to trade it with me but without that HUGE luck i would have to continue the grind and could not even be sure to get it with my 100+ run.

And that was Phiarlan Carneval, dont get me even started about Sands...
So its absolutely clear for me that there is a system change needed.

Dont think i am angry at you or want to be rude or something.
Its just the massive frustration you will get after so much runs :)

LordMond63
10-07-2012, 08:10 PM
/signed onto some system that allows exchange of all Epic Item shards and seals throughout the game. If you have it for the Sands, why not for other areas as well?

teh_meh
10-08-2012, 05:03 AM
/signed onto some system that allows exchange of all Epic Item shards and seals throughout the game. If you have it for the Sands, why not for other areas as well?

Exactly. Devs, you already made one giant leap into pokemon candy-ville where everyone can have everything and we're all the same. Might as well finish the job.

legendlore
10-08-2012, 05:20 AM
I think they should just make them all unbound and trade able.

All the new epic gear is already Bound on equip and trade able, the dragon scales continues to be trade able (besides for a short period after u14 with massive player complaints).

The old epic gear isn't really any different in my opinion and now a days (with the exclusion of a few items such as Torc and Sword of shadows) isn't really worth the grind.

The system had it's place when end game was severely limited and the only gain was gear, now we gain xp and destiny powers in end game and with some more quests/raids a healthy end game is hope fully achieved.

In fact I believe that allowing to trade for old epic items might encourage more play of old content and be for the better of the game, an incentive to gain a epic item from a reasonable number of runs might make people stop just re-running rusted blades all evening long in the lfm panel.

(yes I know there are long time players that will not run the old content and instead just trade what they already got, but that will even out in time and I don't see the harm in it, hopefully they will trade with some new players that can get into the game)

Daemoneyes
10-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Exactly. Devs, you already made one giant leap into pokemon candy-ville where everyone can have everything and we're all the same. Might as well finish the job.

Yeah i totally can see how having less viable options to equip makes us all different.

This Commendations Clone Armor really makes us different,
also helps a lot that the old epics are so easy to get
(hey one seal drop of cloak in 78runs with 5people, thats really way to much..)
and are mostly even weaker then Random lvl21+ stuff or easy to grind Event stuff.

So yes i totally see your point teh_meh
:rolleyes: