PDA

View Full Version : Twilight, Element of Magic, stacking rules?

Pyrcador
10-05-2012, 07:48 AM
1. Does The +3 Spelllevel Bonus from Twilight, Element of Magic stack with the Greater Might of the Abishai Set Bonus +3 Spelllevel for Evocation?
2. Does the +2 DC Bonus from Spell Mastery from Mithral Cloak of the Dragon stack with the +3 DC Bonus from Twilight, Element of Magic? (in regards of Evocation)

Symerith
10-05-2012, 07:57 AM
1. Does The +3 Spelllevel Bonus from Twilight, Element of Magic stack with the Greater Might of the Abishai Set Bonus +3 Spelllevel for Evocation?
2. Does the +2 DC Bonus from Spell Mastery from Mithral Cloak of the Dragon stack with the +3 DC Bonus from Twilight, Element of Magic? (in regards of Evocation)

1. No.

2. No.

Syllph
10-05-2012, 07:59 AM
1) Yes. It's universal augment and stacks with the evocation augment from Abashi, Abashi is it's own buff. Different bonuses stack. Ignore the post above See here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_Augmentation I have both of these items, and use them in tandem.

2) No. It's just a DC increase. Like bonuses don't stack.

PublicEnemy
10-05-2012, 08:02 AM
1. Depends, if both bonuses are of same nature, not sure but it seems to me they are both of same nature, so would say no, but ain't totally sure about this one.

2. No, they do not stack, same bonuses, all what you'll get is a +1 (since it's one over +2..simple maths) , thus rendering the cloak useless for the evocation DC (and if you read carefully the description on the cloak, it is said that it does not stack with other DC item based effects).

Pyrcador
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Hm....not sure if i should go after Twilight.

So far im using 2 wps. One with 120 glaciation and cold mastery and one conc opp with +1 and +2 ex char (the +1 wont stack anymore if i got my +3 ins char trinket). If i can get a +3 evocation wpn the con opp will be replaced and ill take a ring with +2 ex char.

With twilight i could drop my house seal ring with char +7 and 225 sp because of the set bonus. This would even get me 25 more sp (already got char +7 on my epic helm of Frost which will replace the ring char +7).
Also my cloak of the dragon could be dismissed.

I would end up with +25 sp, +3 spell level, +1 DC (as long as i dont have a +3 onehanded wpn) for the loss of 15 Spellpower (90 should be doable on nonweapon slot -> 120-90+15 psionic that i wouldnt get otherwise) and 3% crit chance (cant find any slot to get 12% because i am warforged).

Will this be better or worse?
No idea! ^^