PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not playing nicely.

DarkSable
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey there guys!

I just got a new rig for gaming, and along with it, a logitech mouse. Well, turns out, logitech makes great mice but really useless software. So after getting extremely tired of SetPoint (which was basically only letting me have one profile, ever), I got a new Microsoft Mouse, because I loved my intellimouse explorer. I got the closest thing to the old mouse that I could: a Comfort 6000.

Well, after installing the mouse and keyboard center that's supposed to be an upgrade to iType and iMouse or whatever they were, I'm having some troubles with DDO. With any other game, for app-specific settings, I select the exe file and my profiles, and I'm good to go.

With ddo, it doesn't work. It stays on the general profile. (And DDO can't keymap my extra mouse buttons on its own.)

So here's my question. How do I fix this? Is it because DDO has a launcher (I have the same profile set to ddo and the launcher, just in case), or is it because I'm running DDO as an administrator, or what?

Missing_Minds
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
You don't link the profile to the launcher. The launcher is only active for a short time.
There is a dnd executable you link it to instead. You've not stated clearly what you have done so that is a first guess.

as for setpoint... I've never had any issues with logitech so I don't know what you were or were not doing there. Been using Logitech for years. Were you getting confused with the mouse profile (that can be saved to the mouse) vs the setpoint profile for the mouse? I know because that mouse has onboard memory, that can cause bootup issues for some bios. Simple fix for that also.

DarkSable
10-04-2012, 03:07 PM
You don't link the profile to the launcher. The launcher is only active for a short time.
There is a dnd executable you link it to instead. You've not stated clearly what you have done so that is a first guess.

as for setpoint... I've never had any issues with logitech so I don't know what you were or were not doing there. Been using Logitech for years. Were you getting confused with the mouse profile (that can be saved to the mouse) vs the setpoint profile for the mouse? I know because that mouse has onboard memory, that can cause bootup issues for some bios. Simple fix for that also.

Yeah, I linked to dndclient.exe - when that didn't work I also tried the launcher. I did state that in my post, in parentheticals near the bottom. On my old rig, dndclient worked fine - for some reason it isn't now.

As for logitech, I wasn't getting confused, it simply wouldn't switch between what were supposed to be app specific settings, ever. And yes, I had it in application controlled mode, and had the applications linked. But it doesn't matter, I prefer the mouse I have now anyways.

Missing_Minds
10-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I linked to dndclient.exe - when that didn't work I also tried the launcher. I did state that in my post, in parentheticals near the bottom. On my old rig, dndclient worked fine - for some reason it isn't now.

As for logitech, I wasn't getting confused, it simply wouldn't switch between what were supposed to be app specific settings, ever. And yes, I had it in application controlled mode, and had the applications linked. But it doesn't matter, I prefer the mouse I have now anyways.

Well... the dndclient is what you should link to.
I half wonder if whatever blocked setpoint is also blocking MS.

Running as admin won't cause that issue.

I'd be diving through firewall, anti virus, and registry settings at this point. I'm out of ideas as I'm certain you've rebooted by now.

DarkSable
10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
So, this was an extremely weird issue, and if you're having the problem, here's the fix:

The reason neither program would work with the launcher nor the game, is because I was running "Turbine Launcher"

When I instead ran "DDO Launcher," it 'clicked' on launch, and was seen as a process - thus allowing me to use macros both in the launcher itself and in the game.

Why running one launcher would make the game not be seen as a process, but running the other would, is beyond me.

But there's the solution.

Missing_Minds
10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
The launcher has an option internal to it to keep it running in the background if you want it to do so. So really it doesn't shock me.

Amberhussain
08-31-2018, 03:33 PM
Think about the Microsoft mouse and keyboard center (https://procpedia.com/drivers/740/Microsoft-Wired-Keyboard-600-(Mouse-and-Keyboard-Center)-download/) as cutting edge settings for some Microsoft-marked peripherals. It's a great Windows application that comes in 32-and 64-bit renditions (the vast majority of you will decide on 64-bit). Shockingly, in the event that you are running Windows 10 S like on the new Surface Laptop, you can't download and introduce this Microsoft application. With respect to when Microsoft chooses to port it over to Windows 10 locally, or, utilize the Desktop Bridge to place it in the Windows Store is misty.