PDA

View Full Version : Advice on feats

BBuk80
10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey, basically coming back after a LONG time, and I would like to bring to 20 my old "monster" dwarf. I would like some advice on feats after the many changes that affected the game in the last 2 years or so.
I'm planning for a 12fighter/6ranger/2monk, TWF with DA (khops are too expensive^^)

Feats I got (no particular order):
Dodge
Toughness
Oversized TWF
Weap focus
Imp critical
Pow Att
Stunning Blow

Feats I'm planning to take (no particular order):
Mobility and spring attack (worth it? Planning to stay in robes)
Greater TWF
Weap Spec
Great Weap Foc
Great Weap Spec
Imp Sunder

For the last 2 feats, should I take Combat Expertise+Imp Trip or the "new" versions of Power Critical and Two Weapon Defense?
Thanks in advance! :)

licho
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Khopeshes are too mainstream, hipster dwarf uses Daxes. ;-)
As for feats:
G2WF - definetly worth it

Oversized - would wait with it till late, and see if you need it at all, Dwarves can by +2 tohit with AP.

2WD - not sure if worth at all, the bonus is so small,
You dont need Imp Wepon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus for anything, you can take Imp Weap Spec regadless.

Imp Trip may be helpfull.

Other options:
Rogue 2 in place of Monk 2 - SA 1d6 and Class Skill UMD may be the best feats you can took next at some point.

BBuk80
10-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks mate. I know that the rogue is prolly best nowadays compared to monk, but I'm already lvl 9 and not in the mind to reroll or respec. Good call on Greater Weapon Focus, I believed was a pre-req for GWS!
I will probably go with 1 more Toughness instead of GWF, and CE+Imp Trip route. The +2 Seeker and the 5 physical resistance they added to power critical and two weapon defense are still prolly too weak to be considered....
Umh 1 more question, what about great cleave? Is it working with TWF?

Daine
10-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Umh 1 more question, what about great cleave? Is it working with TWF?

Great Cleave is a pre-requisite for the Epic feat: Overwhelming Critical; take a look at the wiki for Epic feats. It's worthwhile to plan your build to level 25 considering many of the epic feats have multiple pre-requisites.

Brennie
10-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Great Cleave is a pre-requisite for the Epic feat: Overwhelming Critical; take a look at the wiki for Epic feats. It's worthwhile to plan your build to level 25 considering many of the epic feats have multiple pre-requisites.

Absolutely this. Overwhelming critical is a good goal to aim towards.

I wouldn't do combat expertise personally, and frankly I don't know why you'd have the necessary 13 int to begin with. If you need a "Filler" feat, Improved Sunder is nice right now, debuffing AC, fortification and fort saves (and it works on, as far as i can tell, basically all tiers of enemies, even raidbosses?)

unbongwah
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Recommended feats for a "classic" Monster updated for U15:

Dodge / Mobility / Spring Atk - Tempest pre-reqs
WF/WS/GWS:Slash - Kensai pre-reqs
GTWF/IC:Slash/Power Atk/Cleave/Great Cleave/Overwhelming Crit - moar DPS and access to Lay Waste & Momentum Swing
Toughness or barb PL - because moar HPs are always your friend :D

That's 13 feats out of 18 total (7 base + 7 ftr + 2 monk + 2 epic). Options for the rest:

khopesh
moar tactics: Imp Sunder and/or Stunning Blow; maybe CE + Imp Trip; Stunning Fist if you use handwraps
Power Crit: now provides +2 Seeker bonus
epic Toughness: req's base CON 21 (e.g., base 18 + 3 tome)
If you want to go SD II: Combat Expertise, Shield Mastery, and ISM would let you be a decent secondary tank
purely for flavor: CE+Whirlwind Atk - because you already have most of the pre-reqs anyway, so why not? :p