PDA

View Full Version : Who's favor is most important??

Spadeathome
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I was wondering who's favor you should try to max out 1st? Or does it matter? I've just being getting favor from everyone. It's seems improbable to max out everyone favor(unless hardly ever level up) on 1 toon. So is there a rank 4 who's favor you should try for?

Thanks

Pape_27
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
1a. House K - bank space
1b. Coin Lords - backpack space

katranistas
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Must have:
- House Kundarak (bank slots)
- The Coin Lords (inventory bags)

Optional:
- Total favor 400 (Drow unlocked)

http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor

EDIT: Too late, haha

Spoonwelder
10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
3. House P - 150 pt level for pendant of time....speed is good(only need once so on TRs is less needed)
4. tie House D - if you are a ranged type (quasi returning bolts/arrows and stacks of silver and cold iron)
4 tie. Silver flame - melees - 400pts to get gimped self healing.
5. House J - sorry thats a joke....
6. Yugo - I am told - never bothered myself (mostly a TR junkie now)
7. Free agents - if you are a crafter ask around

Jsbeer
10-01-2012, 07:06 PM
As people have said the must haves are:

Coin Lords (for 2 extra backpack spaces at 75 and 150 favour)

and

House Kundarak (for 2 extra bank slots at 75 and 150 favour)

probably in that order since Coin lords have a lot of lower level quests.

Note that while the first backpack space is free once you get the favour the second will cost you 10K platinum AND a Portable Hole (another 40K platinum on my server). Also the first bank slot will cost you 2K plat and the second 8K plat.

Finally, according to the Wiki (http://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Free_to_Play), Free-to-Play players can get enough favour for these rewards from the free quests.

Mark_G
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Depending on the class, you may find getting the second level of House P favor to your liking. With 150 house P favor, you get a pendant. When used outside of an instance, you get super-fast overland movement so you can get from point A to Point B (to get to another quest entrance) much faster.

phillymiket
10-01-2012, 07:26 PM
If you are new the first thing, as mentioned, is getting bank space and backpack space.

Other then that the most important thing is unlocking drow, vet status and then 32 pt builds to increase future options.
So any and all favor is needed for that.
Having 32 points instead of 28 is a pretty big deal so I'd get backpack then just hit anything I could that I havent done and can.

To do this you will unlock some stuff like house J and P which, if you have a guild ship, wont help much.
If you have no guild ship then the 30 minute buffs may help.
Get house P favor at least once (1st life) so you get the pendant of Time that will stay with you through Trs

House D is essential if you are a new ranged character.
Free Agents is good if you are a rogue and want +4 tools (honestly +5s are cheap enough to use unless you are dirt poor)

Stuff to work for that will take longer...

Agents of Argonessa for +10 HP.
Yugoloth favor for Yugo pots. (+2 to a stat) - this is good to do as you can stock up before TRing and have a great advantage.
Max coinlord favor for +2 intimi/+2 diplo if you use these things.
Silver Flame if you want the big heal pots and the debuf that goes with it.
Unlocking FVS with total favor.
Unlocking Artificer with house C.

Cardoor
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Unlocking Artificer with house C.

If you craft, then you will want the earlier house C favor at 50 for the Mark of House Cannith and the pots. I am guesstimating you will need to be at least lvl 12 to unlock it via challenges though.

sirgog
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Easy to get and essential:

Coin Lords 75
Coin Lords 150
Kundarak 75

Easy to get and highly recommended:
Kundarak 150
Phiarlain 150 (not important on characters that can cast Haste and/or Teleport)
Agents of Argonnessen 75
Agents of Argonnessen 150
Twelve 100
Deneith 150 (not important on characters that will never ever pick up a bow but you will get more use out of this than you think on a melee)
Purple Dragon Knights 125

Hard to get but still extremely valuable:
Silver Flame 400
Cannith 50 (easiest of this list)
Purple Dragon Knights 375 (hardest favor to get in the game by a long way)

Non-character specific benefits:
Get 1750 ASAP. Four more build points on your first life characters is really significant.

Gizeh
10-01-2012, 08:35 PM
As people have said the must haves are:

Coin Lords (for 2 extra backpack spaces at 75 and 150 favour)

and

House Kundarak (for 2 extra bank slots at 75 and 150 favour)

probably in that order since Coin lords have a lot of lower level quests.

Note that while the first backpack space is free once you get the favour the second will cost you 10K platinum AND a Portable Hole (another 40K platinum on my server). Also the first bank slot will cost you 2K plat and the second 8K plat.

Finally, according to the Wiki (http://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Free_to_Play), Free-to-Play players can get enough favour for these rewards from the free quests.

While you cannot get the favor from free to play quests 75 favor with the Agents of Argonnessen will give you a static reward list including the collapsed portable hole that is required for the fifth inventory tab at 150 Coin Lord favor. The hole also drops as random loot but the drop rate is *very* low.

sirgog
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
While you cannot get the favor from free to play quests 75 favor with the Agents of Argonnessen will give you a static reward list including the collapsed portable hole that is required for the fifth inventory tab at 150 Coin Lord favor. The hole also drops as random loot but the drop rate is *very* low.

You should never, ever take the CPH from 75 Agents.

Instead take the Flawless Siberis Dragonshard, sell it on the AH, and then use that plat to buy 3 or 4 CPH's if you don't have one yet. (You'll also get enough plat to handle the PP cost of all the storage upgrades)

This is actually the reason I'd consider 75 Agents to be so important - it gives you a lot of platinum if you are newer to the game.

Gizeh
10-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Instead take the Flawless Siberis Dragonshard, sell it on the AH, and then use that plat to buy 3 or 4 CPH's if you don't have one yet. (You'll also get enough plat to handle the PP cost of all the storage upgrades)

This is actually the reason I'd consider 75 Agents to be so important - it gives you a lot of platinum if you are newer to the game.

You may have a very good point there (I never checked prices for dragonshards, I grow my own). But at least on Wayfinder I wouldn't rely on that, unless the population has grown significantly since my last visit there. :)

sephiroth1084
10-01-2012, 09:24 PM
You should note that you can max out your favor (more or less) for all of the patrons, and can do so on one character. Remember, even after you've leveled up some, you can always go back and run lower level quests on hard or elite to obtain favor, so you don't need to worry too much if you miss getting some of the favor while you're leveling.

For instance, for something like Yugoloth favor, if you aren't up to the task of running the Amrath quests on elite when you're in range, you can wait until you get into epic levels and head back in with an overpowered party just to unlock your favor.

barberous
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
You should note that you can max out your favor (more or less) for all of the patrons, and can do so on one character. Remember, even after you've leveled up some, you can always go back and run lower level quests on hard or elite to obtain favor, so you don't need to worry too much if you miss getting some of the favor while you're leveling.

For instance, for something like Yugoloth favor, if you aren't up to the task of running the Amrath quests on elite when you're in range, you can wait until you get into epic levels and head back in with an overpowered party just to unlock your favor.

yeah, i am doing this at the moment with all.

JollySwagMan
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Perhaps this is still true on Khyber - I used to think the same way, but I checked on the Thelanis AH recently. Flawless Syberis Dragonshards are listed at lower prices than Collapsed Portable Holes.

My guess is the free LR might be driving down the value of Flawless/Exceptional Dragonshards.

Spadeathome
10-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Ok seems to be a general concenous on order of importance.

I have a follow up question.

I saw a few answer's that say to take a higher lev toon and run them threw lower lev quests for fav. I have an 11 lev toon. ive been thinking about redoing coin lord market quests on elite. My question is. I'm sure i've read in forums that it's "FROWNED" on by "dev's" to go down 2 many lev compared 2 ur toon and just plowing threw quests? So did misunderstand this?

lame_name
10-02-2012, 05:59 AM

I saw a few answer's that say to take a higher lev toon and run them threw lower lev quests for fav. I have an 11 lev toon. ive been thinking about redoing coin lord market quests on elite. My question is. I'm sure i've read in forums that it's "FROWNED" on by "dev's" to go down 2 many lev compared 2 ur toon and just plowing threw quests? So did misunderstand this?

I've honestly never heard of that and reality seems to speak for itself too: there are often enough LFMs up with a LVL range of 1-20 (or 25) with descriptions similar to "favor farming", "harbor fav. cleanup" etc. It's also common to farm specific items that way sometimes (for example stonedust handwraps, or the runes for dragon armor thingy).

sirgog
10-02-2012, 06:24 AM

Your XP will be very low or nil, but that really shouldn't be that much of a surprise - how much does a level 21 character really learn from slaughtering kobolds?

Quest completion XP can still be decent however (example: a level 19 character running Elite Against the Demon Queen which is a level 12 quest on normal will still get ~20k for a first completion). Optional XP will be terrible though.

Other than that you are free to run quests massively overlevel. It's just not much fun in most cases.

ReaperAlexEU
10-02-2012, 07:03 AM

its not frowned on, its just not much of a risk so the rewards are altered to reflect that. the main one being the exp you get.

going back to lower level quests to get favour is perfectly normal, you're not there to challenge your self so you wont get nice exp rewards, you're there to tick a favour box and thats exactly what you get.

at lvl11 you might still get some exp for it. many go back at lvl20+ to wrap up some favour they didnt get.

when the dev's first put favour in the game they expected the players to go back and redo all the old quests to earn their favour. i think the level cap back then was lvl10 so the entire player base had to do what you're looking at doing right now.

so relax, earning favour when way over the level of the quest is a normal part of the game.

der_kluge
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm a favor *****. I run every quest, on every life, at least once. My main characters's 2nd life (2 lives ago), I hung out at end game for a long time, and farmed as many quests as possible. She TR'd with over 3,500 favor.

Getting over 3,000 gets you the level 7 veteran character option.
you also get 32 pt. build, Drow, and Favored Soul - so there's a lot of value in getting all that favor.

As others have said, the most important early on is Coin Lords. Free Agents favor is worthless - don't bother with it.

The 2nd rank of Twelve Favor is also worthless.

Coin Lord finishing School is nice if you have an intimitank build - as it grants an extra +2 intimidate.

400 Silver Flame favor is hard to get, but very nice for Silver Flame potions, which heal very, very well - highly recommended for non-self-healing classes, like barbarians or fighters.

Yugoloth Favor is also really hard to get, but gets you yugoloth potions which add a bonus to your ability scores, which can't be acquired any other way - though, it is an expensive, almost "vanity" way of achieving a high stat.

50 House C favor is critical if you want to craft. The 2nd rank of house C favor I could never get on that build - you have to 4 and 5 star most of the challenges. If you do manage to get it, it unlocks Artificer. I just ended up buying it on sale.

cdbd3rd
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Always max out favor with your wife/hub/SO before logging in. THAT's the most important favor. ;)

:cool: