PDA

View Full Version : Cannith Challenge Item Craftable (+3)

Mastikator
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Does adding a prefix or suffix increase ML?

For example a Ring of Master Artifice Level 12 Tire 3 and something with +3 added to it, does it become ML 15?

Fejj
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't know the specifics, but YES it will. I believe standard level increases apply.

JollySwagMan
09-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Does adding a prefix or suffix increase ML?

For example a Ring of Master Artifice Level 12 Tire 3 and something with +3 added to it, does it become ML 15?

if +3's worth of crafting enchantments were added to it, that would be +5 to the minimum level - so the item would be ML 17

(a +3 level shard, eg. Moderate Fortification, makes a level 5 item with no other effects on the item)

adding on a cannith crafting mark of favour would knock it down to ML 15.

FestusHood
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Actually adding +3 potential to a challenge item will raise the ml by 6. You don't get the courtesy -1 that you get with a purely crafted item.

Also they won't go above ml 20, regardless.

P.S. I know this because i have done it 3 times, all with level 12 items.

zeichen-thest
09-27-2012, 08:09 PM
However you can also put a shard of master craftsmanship on it and reduce the mn lvl by 2.

Works for runearms also.

Brennie
09-27-2012, 09:03 PM
However you can also put a shard of master craftsmanship on it and reduce the mn lvl by 2.

Works for runearms also.

This is often the best reason to go tier 3 on level 12/16 items, so you can use them 2 levels earlier :D Weapons may be an exception, however, since a level 16 weapon with holy and bleeding on it would "Cap" at min level 20, and gain a significant amount of punch at the same time.

Isolani
09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah, Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship and nothing else is usually the best thing to put on a tier 3. My favorites are the L16 caster items reduced to ML14, 90 spellpower at L14 is pretty nice, lootgen items don't have that much until ML20 or so. ML12 Ring of the Stalker reduced to ML10 is nice also for manslayer.

I wouldn't do T3 for most items though unless you are doing some TRs on that character and can use them several more lives. If you are only doing 1 life then it isn't really worth the time to upgrade most items to T3 since many of them will be replaced fairly quickly if you level to 25. Having bound to account T2's might be better so you can pass them along to other characters. For TRing though, the T3 cannith items are pretty handy.

There are a few exceptions, like the T3 ML12 Elemental Greataxe of Fire. Can add pure good/holy/etc to make a decent DR breaker. Not as good as greensteel of course, but a lot faster to get for a 1st lifer.

EllisDee37
09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
There are a few exceptions, like the T3 ML12 Elemental Greataxe of Fire. Can add pure good/holy/etc to make a decent DR breaker. Not as good as greensteel of course, but a lot faster to get for a 1st lifer.I haven't run the numbers, but I'd be stunned if a crafted ML16 GA of fire w/holy of bleed (or flaming of pure good, my personal flavor preference) didn't blow the doors off a min2 in endgame.

Mastikator
09-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Masterful Craftsmanship! That's brilliant!

wax_on_wax_off
09-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Did I read something that you can deconstruct T3 challenge items now to remove crafted properties on them? That'd be handy if I could make use of the +3 at level 20 but then still have it available for the next life.

voodoogroves
09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I haven't run the numbers, but I'd be stunned if a crafted ML16 GA of fire w/holy of bleed (or flaming of pure good, my personal flavor preference) didn't blow the doors off a min2 in endgame.

That'd be a what ... ML 20 weapon with Master Craftsmanship?

And the Min2 is ML 12?

It wouldn't surprise me either. I don't think anyone makes a Min2 for end game - they make targeted boss beaters or good general DPS weapons. People make Min2s for TRing these days.

EllisDee37
09-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Did I read something that you can deconstruct T3 challenge items now to remove crafted properties on them? That'd be handy if I could make use of the +3 at level 20 but then still have it available for the next life.Yes, you can. This has always been the case.