PDA

View Full Version : New XP bonus: Party bonus

licho
09-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Hello,

Just a idea of new xp bonus from quests:
For each additional player member in quest everyone gets 5% XP bonus (stack up to 3 times when 4 players).
(hires, pets, goldseal dont count)

Why so?
Grouping should be encourage, but there is no mechanism to do it so far, sure some quests can be done faster with more people, but others are just "run to the end, kill stuff".

Why to prize grouping? Since this is social game, and players should be prized for playing right. Grouping is desired behavior so there should be a cake.

"But... but... i like soloing, you are stealing my XP!"
Nothing is stealed, its just a bonus for something. There is already several of this:
- smashing boxes, i never considered it fun, and the best feature of arti pet for me is smashing boxes for me, but game considers it desired, free xp for some who likes it or dont mind. Cool for me.
- Doing traps, considering that just 2 classes can do traps its major griefing to all others, but does anyone complain?
- Killing stuff (conquests), again major disadvantage for those who would rather fascinate/charm all the way to end.
- Tome of Learning & xp pots, this is just pay to win.

Basicly just becouse something is different than your prefered playstyle it dont mean it should be banished, or made as much harder as possible. You can/like/need to solo, cool. But dont forbid party-likers get some xp bonus for putting M into MMO.

Note #1
The party bonus cap at 15% with 4 members (and is scaling from duo to quadro) so there is no pushing "OMG we need full party for full bonus".
It prizes a little more static group, channel group, guild group which is cool, since they play desired way.
The bonus of +15% is not so much considering +310%=80+25+50+50+20+15+15+10+10+30+5 /*1.05 other bonuses possible.

Note #2
This could be abused in unintended way, but effort needed for that is possibly worse than gain. ANyway the abuser would need to spend enought resources to abuse it fully so turbine will gain the share anyway.

Note #3
I got the idea when was soloing stuff, and dont feel like there is any need for a party.
Which i considered not desired. Yes im asking to buff something which i dont do, thats weird.

Note #4
There is another "abuse" for a lot of lfm "pikers plz", which is great since i need to get my Ranger PL. ;-)

Note #5
There could be some doubts if grouping is really desired. However since there are some MMO notes, and i cant play DDO offline i got the hint.

Note #6
Some "dead serves" may get extra LFM "IP" from people who solo stuff, but dont mind extra xp and company. Not a bad thing to happen.

Ilindith
09-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Note #2
This could be exploited, but effort needed for that is possibly worse than gain. ANyway the exploiter would need to spend enought resources to abuse it fully so turbine will gain the share anyway.

Running multiple accounts is not exploiting.

Tiamas
09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Note #4
There is another "abuse" for a lot of lfm "pikers plz", which is great since i need to get my Ranger PL. ;-)

My favorite :D

+1 Good idea, with 4 people i can make up for the 10% loss of dead puggers *g*. But seriously, anything that makes pugging more appealing (not everyone starts this game with a guild/friends) is fine for me.

Ryan220
09-22-2012, 12:41 PM
/signed

Worldcrafter
09-22-2012, 02:16 PM
More reasons to travel with others is always a good idea. /signed.

Would the party bonus extend to raids the same way, or would it be augmented due to the larger amount of people that can go on the raid?

pHo3nix
09-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Running multiple accounts is not exploiting.

^This. And considering the average pugger gives a -10% xp penality the bonus should be bigger if you really want it to be useful for those who aren't multi-boxing ;)

ZeebaNeighba
09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
/signed

I like the numbers, scaling stops at 4 party members, so I think there should be an xp bonus for playing at higher scaling (or whatever bonus).

Memnir
09-22-2012, 03:56 PM
All your bonuses are belong to me!
http://i.imgur.com/bRPsU.jpg

fco-karatekid
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Grouping should be encourage, but there is no mechanism to do it so far

players should be prized for playing right

But dont forbid party-likers get some xp bonus for putting M into MMO.

Some "dead serves" may get extra LFM "IP" from people who solo stuff, but dont mind extra xp and company.

I don't care one way or another, because I solo mostly, and group when I can put up with it or need it. But regarding the above snippets (in order):

Why so?

Do too much of this social engineering, and your solo'ers (or those who do frequently) will leave. Never disenfranchise a customer - the balance of difficulty is fine right where it is (maybe a little easy on Epic Norm) to suit both playstyles.

Noone is.

This last point is good, if the premise that there are dead servers is correct (I don't know one way or another).