PDA

View Full Version : Community-sourced hirelings

FuzzyDuck81
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Currently, a great many hirelings in the game are at best unreliable and at worst a liability. I'd like to suggest a "design a hireling" competition or something. Basically, the community puts together a number of builds for hirelings & then winning suggestions get added to the game, probably as gold-seal types.

I reckon you could split it into level 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 & 24 hires with a number of categories/roles similar to the existing ones, but not just limited to classes so you could also have the potential for multiclassed hirelings too eg. a monk/ranger zen archer, or an unusual battlefvs splashed build, or maybe the mighty Tukaw for example, as well as giving them some decent gear (iirc for example the onyx panther was build specifically to have a number of very nice effects on her) & enhancements then selecting which triggered abilities would be in their hotbar, as well as having certain metamagics (quicken spell!) switched on.

Fomori
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
When I read the thread title I was expecting something a bit different.

I was thinking that you were proposing a system where you can go to an in game vendor and actual players would be waiting by to jump into the hireling that you bought. The players would get plat and items, for their own toons, for being "the hireling". Thus the community hireling concept.

The difference between this and pugging would be that if someone was available they would hop into an actual hireling, whereas pugging you are using a character of your own.

FranOhmsford
09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
When I read the thread title I was expecting something a bit different.

I was thinking that you were proposing a system where you can go to an in game vendor and actual players would be waiting by to jump into the hireling that you bought. The players would get plat and items, for their own toons, for being "the hireling". Thus the community hireling concept.

The difference between this and pugging would be that if someone was available they would hop into an actual hireling, whereas pugging you are using a character of your own.

Now this idea I like.

The Op's idea - Not so much.