PDA

View Full Version : Armor skin idea!

countfitz
09-20-2012, 02:59 PM
So, not 100% my idea... but I have an idea for the next set (or whatever the next set that the devs can work on and get released) of armor skins.

Shoulder Pet Armor skins!

Armor skins that have pets on their shoulders! Like, a Pseudodragon, or a cat, or a frog, or:

a pirate style armor skin with a parrot attatched to the shoulder instead of a gigantic pauldron?

How cool? I totally want this to be on the art departments list of ideas for the future.

Maybe, just maybe, a pet only armor skin (as in, just attach the pet to already worn armor).

I dunno. I love the idea.

And to the naysayers out there about cosmetics: Remember, Turbine can make money selling cosmetics, or gamebreaking raid timers/mana pots/etc. You decide.

Memnir
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Ever since seeing Ratty on Captain Tew's shoulder, I've wondered why we don't have these...
http://i.imgur.com/TqkTE.jpg
/signed for the prospect of variety.

redspecter23
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
A good idea, but I'd be more inclined to make it maybe a bracer or necklace skin so it doesn't interfere with whatever armor skin I'm using to cover up the art department mess that is loot gen armor. Loads of other equipment slots to use for skins or effects like this.

zarthak
09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
/signed

Diyon
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
/signed!

This is great idea. On that note this is how they could do familiars for wizards/sorcerers except free for them with appropriate bonuses (PnP standard familiars didn't do much in the combat scene really). I'd still like to see cosmetic ones, and bonus if made to work with druids in form too!

I'd like one raven please.

danotmano1998
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
1. Make more armor skins of all types.
2. Make them bind to character, NOT ARMOR.
(So if you pull a new shiney, you keep your chosen skin.)

/Signed

EDIT: Sell DYES. Allow me to make my armor/shield/helm/robe/etc the color I want.

Ducaster
09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
/signed
Good idea overall

donfilibuster
09-20-2012, 08:55 PM
/signed to help get to familiars