PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Life Improvement Suggestions

btolson
09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Below are some suggestions for the upcoming Quality of Life improvement patches. It's not a comprehensive list, just various things that came to mind whilst playing the last week or so. I may add to it later, and anyone else who has QoL suggestions is free to add them as well.

-Single Action to reach bank, vendor, auction, etc interfaces (without intermediate dialogues beforehand, which essentially amounts to the NPC asking, "Did you click on me by accident?"). Considering that these NPCs are all tagged with <Auctioneer>, etc, there is truly no need for descriptive dialogues: it's obvious who they are and what they do. Some NPCs already skip directly to their particular service interface (bankers and auctioneers in crafting halls for example), but the majority of them annoy you with irrelevant dialogue first. At the very least consider adding a new UI option for "Fast Services" to bypass these dialogues if taking them out entirely is deemed too newbie-unfriendly.

-Regular Auto-refreshing of Auction window data, or refreshing upon switching between auction tabs, or a manual refresh button. Currently, durations and prices of bids/posts do not reliably update without a log out/log in. Even expired posts don't go away on their own.

-Increased rate of auction polling. 5 minute polling intervals seem excessively long, and result in auctions being "expired" yet still active (apparent as 136 years remaining time) for too long.

btolson
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
-Hireling potion use: they routinely use SP pots when they still have the majority of their SP remaining, resulting in them needlessly wasting most/all of their pots before hitting a shrine and not having any when they are actually -needed-. Please tell them to stop using potions until they are down to < 10% of their SP remaining.

-Bard hireling song reuse timers are not reset when they rest or exit out of a completed mission (e.g., into a wilderness area), or when zoning into a mission (e.g., out of a wilderness area). Their timers should be reset on any event that removes their songs so that they can replay them immediately thereafter. Timers should also not be set if the bard fails to play the song due to interruption or AI glitches. Possibly better yet: get rid of reuse timers entirely and just have the bard play a song when its corresponding buff is not present or about to expire... this would likely require a short (~10 sec) polling interval to properly accommodate multiple song types and targets (such as granting Inspire Heroics to both hireling and master concurrently instead of to only one or the other).

-Bard hirelings stop in their tracks to play songs - they should continue following whilst playing songs so that I don't have to stop in my tracks as well. PC bards don't have to stop moving to play their songs, so hirelings shouldn't either.

-Hireling overhealing: hirelings often blow through their SP at a ridiculous pace because they think it is a good idea to heal me for 350 hp when I am only down 100 hp. Hirelings should have a better idea of how strong their heals are and better logic for triggering them, and high level hirelings need to also be given access to more low-level, cheap cures and preferentially use those cure spells the majority of the time instead of relying on the very expensive and more prone-to-overheal Heal spell.

-Please add some 21+ bard hirelings!

-Please add a 21+ hireling vendor in Stormreach. Running to Eveningstar for the sole purpose of buying a hireling contract is extremely annoying.

Silverwren
09-19-2012, 12:16 PM
At the very least consider adding a new UI option for "Fast Services" to bypass these dialogues if taking them out entirely is deemed too newbie-unfriendly.

Now that I could go for!

How about having the ability to sunder crafting essences in user defined quantities? For example: You drag 552 greater fire essences into the dialog box, CTRL + click on the "Convert Greater to Lesser" box, and a prompt asks you "How many essences would you like to sunder?". You type in the amount, say 150, and out pops 750 brand new lesser fire essences. Convenient, fast and makes everyone's lives better.

btolson
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
-Palemaster Necrotic Bolt: the projectile for this spell is very slow and does not track; during the spell pass several updates ago when many other projectiles were sped up, this ability was ignored. Considering its low average damage (no metamagics, lousy DC), it really needs to travel much faster and/or track targets in order to redeem it... the icon is a floating skull, shouldn't it be able to see where it's going!?

-Spell Facing issues: if facing requirements are not satisfied as casting completes, the spell should function as if no target was being used originally. For some types of spells this will still result in failure (such as Bestow Curse or Niac's Biting Cold, as these -must- have a target to manifest upon), but for projectiles, rays, and persistent effects the spell would succeed and travel along the targeting reticule vector. In many cases you would be able to hit most or all of your intended targets if facing failure was handled this way.

-Spell Targeting Landscape issues: sometimes aiming at a piece of nearby ground to launch a projectile or cloud at will result in the error message: "Target is too far away", as if the targeting algorithm were clipping through the landscape and fixing on something within the murky nether beyond. I don't have much luck reproducing this on demand, but it is incredibly annoying!

btolson
09-19-2012, 01:11 PM
-Floating damage dealt to mobs scrolls by too slowly: often the numbers it displays are many seconds old and it can get very confusing as to which attacks are hitting and which are not. Damage numbers regularly continue floating by for quite a while even after the battle has finished. This needs to be more timely/accurate/responsive.

-Floating damage originates too high along z-axis for huge enemies: it's impossible to see without tilting the camera into a "candid upskirt" position of the mob you are fighting, something which is not only personally distressing but often detrimental to gameplay and battlefield awareness. Damage should display centric to your character, or else have it originate from the feet of the victim, or somewhere else it can always be seen without moving the camera into naughty positions.

-Deceptively Climbable Landscape and action interruption: some pieces of terrain look like they can be walked over, but actually force you to climb when you walk into it instead. This is a problem because climbing does not respect your current actions and will interrupt anything else you are doing, whether it is spell casting, song playing, or kobold torch laying. This wastes both time and resources, and permanently destroys kobold torches/teleporters. Climbing should only be possible if your character is not already busy doing something else; if you walk into climbable terrain whilst performing an action, you should jog in place with your face grinding the landscape until you are finished.

-Correct passive movement speed bonuses on items: currently each 5% of claimed passive movement only grants 4% of actual movement speed.
for instance:

(Effects): You benefit from your Striding (+30%) Boots of Springing +10.
(Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Movement Speed: +24%

in contrast to:

(Effects): You benefit from your Expeditious Retreat.
(Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Movement Speed: +25%

If the speed bonus isn't going to be buffed to what item tooltips claim, then the tooltips should at least be changed to reflect actual values.

sirgog
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
- Kill the UMD bug with fire. Or the cute little kitten gets it.

- Minor AH tweaks:
- Give ingredients minimum levels in-line with the minimum level of whatever they create. So Shroud materials are ML 11, Epic scrolls are ML 20, cells for Alchemical crafting are ML 16, and so on.
- Adjust fees so posting is more expensive but sales tax is lower (this is a whole additional thread)

- Fix facing issues on close-range spellcasting.

- And most of all, fix the crippling lag caused by large packs of mobs and/or mob corpses moving into or out of a favored soul AoV aura.

WanderingGrump
09-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Cannith Crafting suggestion to respect a players time, namely to let you put a stack of greater essences to be sundered and have a "Sunder all" button. No more of me sitting there and clicking a button 200 times to break down a stack.

I know the reason I am the high level crafter in my guild is that folks don't want to take the time required to break down the greater's to lesser's.

Brennie
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I read through all the suggestions, nodding and muttering approval, thinking "yeah... yeah... good idea... uh huh... yup, i agree... indeed.." until i got to this one:

-Deceptively Climbable Landscape and action interruption: some pieces of terrain look like they can be walked over, but actually force you to climb when you walk into it instead. This is a problem because climbing does not respect your current actions and will interrupt anything else you are doing, whether it is spell casting, song playing, or kobold torch laying. This wastes both time and resources, and permanently destroys kobold torches/teleporters. Climbing should only be possible if your character is not already busy doing something else; if you walk into climbable terrain whilst performing an action, you should jog in place with your face grinding the landscape until you are finished.

THIS ticks me right the heck off more than possibly any other thing in the game. PERMANENTLY losing a kobold teleporter, or putting a 10+ minute cooldown on timer, or wasting that spell/ability that was potentially going to save your life because of some *^!&@$ knee-high block in your path (or worse, off to the side of your path, which your character decides would be fun to hang onto for no apparent reason) irks me more than possibly any other bug in the game (and this coming from a guy with 90% crash-to-desktop rate when loading into an explorer zone).

If DDO could only ever fix one bug ever, I would live with broken destinies, and broken +w from epic feats/abilities for ranged combat (sorry Brennie's Monkcher character, deal with it), i could live with targeting issues, crashes, ladder bugs, funky AI, and all the rest. But if they fixed this and only this, I think deep down i would find some measure of actual satisfaction.

... Until a week later when I start complaining about missing airship amenities or LRs eating destiny XP again. ... :p What? Being a participating member of the community is half the fun of playing DDO :D Don't judge me!

EDIT: Not particularly relevent to the OP, but on this note
Cannith Crafting suggestion to respect a players time, namely to let you put a stack of greater essences to be sundered and have a "Sunder all" button. No more of me sitting there and clicking a button 200 times to break down a stack.

This may not be a popular idea, but I'd really love to cut out the middle man in the whole crafting process . The only reason I am not level 100 in crafting schools is i absolutely cannot stand sitting infront of a crafting device for half an hour to an hour and sorting through lists of things to click on, while evaluating the XP given versus essences used... bleh. So, what if there was a machine that players could just dump essences into and receive crafting XP from? That would make my crafting life a lot happier, lemme tell you :D (Crafting XP potions might not apply to this process, just because it would be dramatically faster than actual crafting. However, i don't think there should be a reduced XP ratio compared to actual crafting because you get no shards this way, meaning no money from AHing or essences return via deconning shards)

Silverwren
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM

I know the reason I am the high level crafter in my guild is that folks don't want to take the time required to break down the greater's to lesser's.

Yeah, I kind of said that, already. ;)

How about having the ability to sunder crafting essences in user defined quantities? For example: You drag 552 greater fire essences into the dialog box, CTRL + click on the "Convert Greater to Lesser" box, and a prompt asks you "How many essences would you like to sunder?". You type in the amount, say 150, and out pops 750 brand new lesser fire essences. Convenient, fast and makes everyone's lives better.

But two people suggesting it is better than one! :p

btolson
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
But two people suggesting it is better than one! :p

Heh, well how about 3? Any form of click-reducing batch recipes for barter windows/crafting altars would of course be great... I still cringe when I think about turning in Crystal Cove map pieces. Ugh.

NytCrawlr
09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Heh, well how about 3? Any form of click-reducing batch recipes for barter windows/crafting altars would of course be great... I still cringe when I think about turning in Crystal Cove map pieces. Ugh.

Yeah, if they could apply that all-around that would be great. Crafting, Crystal Cove map pieces, Stone of Change, etc.

donfilibuster
09-20-2012, 09:12 PM
AH search can be further improved. Let the search string include all abilities.
It currently only searches to the title, presumibly since it is easy to pull from the database.

If adding an internal string with to store the abilities is too hard then let the abilities be indexed, or something.
If adding an internal string isn't too hard, consider doing keywords not just the names of the abilities.
(e.g. the string of health item also adds the text of constitution, so you can just search con)

This do various things, namely let you find things that are not labeled in the title.
(such as the thaumaturgy staff you want, named items, guild slots, etc.)

If performance is a factor, this can be done in the client as to not put extra load on the servers.
e.g. you can search normally, then have an option to further filter over the results that are loaded.

In theory, there's no limit to the filters that can be applied on the client, in theory one can have "proper" search.
(e.g. if the keywords string is built in the client you can do things like searching by prefix/suffix, RR, etc.)

A loading bar would tell the player to wait till the results are parsed.
(such wait is never ever going to be longer than having to scroll to look at each item on the lists one by one)

BinyaminTsadik
09-24-2012, 05:55 AM
All the new gear is really taking up a lot of space.

-What about a shared ingredients bag which accepts unbound and bound to account items. It can be present in every single one of your character's inventory slots?
-And perhaps another un-lockable inventory slot,
-Casting material bag
-Another bank spot
-the ability to deconstruct items in quests
-an easier way to sort through all of your ingredient bags (perhaps the ability to make subgroups within the ingredients bags just like is automatically made in the collectibles bags).
-the ability to move objects up or down in the bag list
-the removal of gems from the game (they are useless)
-maybe a bottomless siberis and khyber dragon shard bag for all the different permutations (flawed, tiny... etc)
-the removal of useless collectables that give trash rewards and cannot be used to craft with. Would much rather have it say (nothing here) than (here is more trash for you to store in your limited space and then have to sort it out later and use valuable playing time managing your inventory).

What about a mount that is use-able in wilderness areas to increase your movement speed.

And the ability to either trade epic shards or craft scrolls from other scrolls as was done for the sands area.

Perhaps 2 or 3 gear presets that can be used to store complete gear setups and change between them more easily, This would greatly reduce our toolbar space on the screen.

Also I need another way to know if I have mail, because I got rid of the useless large life bar, it used to show up on the targeting UI. Perhaps it can show up in the buff bar? or on the XP bar? Or even have it as a separate movable bar.

Maybe mini class icons on the radar for party members.

A ship teleporter for house C, (the most technologically advanced house) And the planeshifter on the ship should be able to send you to Eveningstar.

goodoldxelos
09-24-2012, 06:20 AM
-Correct passive movement speed bonuses on items: currently each 5% of claimed passive movement only grants 4% of actual movement speed.
for instance:

(Effects): You benefit from your Striding (+30%) Boots of Springing +10.
(Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Movement Speed: +24%

in contrast to:

(Effects): You benefit from your Expeditious Retreat.
(Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Movement Speed: +25%

If the speed bonus isn't going to be buffed to what item tooltips claim, then the tooltips should at least be changed to reflect actual values.

Didn't know about this, I think you found a bug; I submitted a bug report

Vyder
09-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Below are some suggestions for the upcoming Quality of Life improvement patches. It's not a comprehensive list, just various things that came to mind whilst playing the last week or so. I may add to it later, and anyone else who has QoL suggestions is free to add them as well.

-Single Action to reach bank, vendor, auction, etc interfaces (without intermediate dialogues beforehand, which essentially amounts to the NPC asking, "Did you click on me by accident?"). Considering that these NPCs are all tagged with <Auctioneer>, etc, there is truly no need for descriptive dialogues: it's obvious who they are and what they do. Some NPCs already skip directly to their particular service interface (bankers and auctioneers in crafting halls for example), but the majority of them annoy you with irrelevant dialogue first. At the very least consider adding a new UI option for "Fast Services" to bypass these dialogues if taking them out entirely is deemed too newbie-unfriendly.

Same for the airship. If I own an airship just take me there. If I dont then tell me.

Dexol
09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Give hirelings some lessons in personal space, AI healers don't need to hug me to cast heal on me when they are being hit by all the mobs targeting me

ingredient bag that sorts better, im thinking epic stuff here:

Shroud ingredients:
-Large
-Large Devil Scale (6)

Epic ingredients:
-Epic sword of shadows
-Scroll of sword of shadows (2)
-Seal of sword of shadows (3)
-Shard of sword of shadows

Cannith Crafting ingredients:
-Greater Essences
-Good (200)
-Fire (30)
-Lesser Essences
-Good (4321)
-Water (1234)

fco-karatekid
09-24-2012, 07:48 AM
AH search can be further improved. Let the search string include all abilities.
It currently only searches to the title, presumibly since it is easy to pull from the database.

If adding an internal string with to store the abilities is too hard then let the abilities be indexed, or something.
If adding an internal string isn't too hard, consider doing keywords not just the names of the abilities.
(e.g. the string of health item also adds the text of constitution, so you can just search con)

This do various things, namely let you find things that are not labeled in the title.
(such as the thaumaturgy staff you want, named items, guild slots, etc.)

If performance is a factor, this can be done in the client as to not put extra load on the servers.
e.g. you can search normally, then have an option to further filter over the results that are loaded.

In theory, there's no limit to the filters that can be applied on the client, in theory one can have "proper" search.
(e.g. if the keywords string is built in the client you can do things like searching by prefix/suffix, RR, etc.)

A loading bar would tell the player to wait till the results are parsed.
(such wait is never ever going to be longer than having to scroll to look at each item on the lists one by one)

This is especially relevant now that certain prefixes and suffixes now include numerous effects. Searching for good will not show "of the rebel", for example).

fco-karatekid
09-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Give hirelings some lessons in personal space, AI healers don't need to hug me to cast heal on me when they are being hit by all the mobs targeting me

ingredient bag that sorts better, im thinking epic stuff here:

Shroud ingredients:
-Large
-Large Devil Scale (6)

Epic ingredients:
-Epic sword of shadows
-Scroll of sword of shadows (2)
-Seal of sword of shadows (3)
-Shard of sword of shadows

Cannith Crafting ingredients:
-Greater Essences
-Good (200)
-Fire (30)
-Lesser Essences
-Good (4321)
-Water (1234)

For this and all other list-based UI's (vendors, AH, etc), why not simply have an advanced search function containing the fields relevant to that item. For example: AH advanced search can have tabs for item types (already exists, just not in tab form), each tab containing fields relevant to the item (prefix, suffix, item type, handedness, material type) where we can specify that for which we are looking?

If I specify material:adamantine, suffix: smiting, that should show lootgen stuff AND the Mace of smiting, for example. If I did those two terms in the AH search bar now, it would not show me the Mace of Smiting.

Edit: and of course, the catch-all "this word anywhere in the item's fields".

fco-karatekid
09-24-2012, 08:01 AM
...because of some *^!&@$ knee-high block in your path (or worse, off to the side of your path, which your character decides would be fun to hang onto for no apparent reason) irks me ...

I'm not quite as exclusive about this bug as the two OP's, but yes, this one is high on my list. Giants' vault is bad enough, but near-collision character climbs/grabs is REALLY getting to be horrid... it got worse when physics engine was changed.

Archangel666
09-24-2012, 08:05 AM
- Kill the UMD bug with fire. Or the cute little kitten gets it.

You heard the man Turbine! Fix it! Think of the poor kitten! You don't want that poor kitten's fate on your hands.

jejeba86
09-24-2012, 08:06 AM
very nice initiative

zwiebelring
09-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Pretty please add a prefix and suffix category when putting items into the crafting stations. Like you have put a check on arcane divine and elemental, put the subcategory prefix/-es and suffix/-es and let people put a check there as well.

I do not want to search the messed up forum for planning or use google. I want to play with fun. Timesinks aren't fun. And stupid timesinks have increased in quality since U14. I like to see all prefixes and suffixes listed up to my maximum crafter level for easy selection.

Further, please give us bundle turn ins or just the common vendor system where you hit ctr+leftclick for individual consumable collection.

Put airship access to Eveningstar cavern. It is highly incosistent that you can teleport with a scroll out of The Underdark to Kundarak bank and can access the airship from the cavern but cannot get from airship to the cavern or other areas in Eveningstar. In average I have 7 loading screens without the key, which results in an increased number of zone-in crashes. I really hate that.

While we are at that, fix that key so it does not bug out on the airship and just revamp it for infinite usage. There is no and absolutley no reason (neither ingame, which I would accept nor in game mechanics) to have a 1 hour timer on it. It is a provisorium and workaround to have all happy shiny people in Eveningstar but for the grind factor in this game it is another unnecessary timesink.

Let us mark bags for specific ingredients. I like storing dragon scales in one bag, greensteel mat.s in another, epic seals/scrolls/shards in another asoasof. But ingredients which are not existing in one of those bags always drop in the biggest. I want them to drop according to my system of sorting.

Give stone of change barter box UI.

All in all, remove the outdated flair components back when lvl. 4-10 was max. lvl. and support the grind options you have implemented.

EbbOnFire
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
To me, "Quality of Life" changes are relatively simple things that can be done to the user interface that remove some of the small annoyances from the game. So things like improving hireling AI, or changing how a main mechanic works, are too big to fall under the heading. But that's just my personal definition. So here are a couple:

Show the item description for any Epic item when you look at the tooltip for the shard, seal or scroll. I know those who have been around have all of these memorized, but for everyone else when it comes time to loot the epic chests you either have to alt-tab out to the Wiki and do a quick search or just take your best guess as to whether something is worth rolling on, potentially irritating the other players.

As a bonus, have a feature to show whether you already have the shard/seal/scroll somewhere on your character and bank. It's silly to have to have a separate spreadsheet or notebook around to track this stuff.

Along those lines, have a note page attached to your character that can be used for notes to yourself. There's no point clogging up your bio with your personal cheat sheet for running Shadow Crypt.

And speaking about the bio -- stop scrolling up to the top every time the game remembers that the Paladin you're standing next to is still there every ten seconds.

Put the device that you need to install Guild crystals into items right next to the guys who are selling those Guild crystals. You can't them anywhere else; it's not like you're finding them in chests.
-- Alternate suggestion: Get rid of the need to use a device to install these. Just drag them onto the item yourself.
-- Alternate alternate suggestion: Just ditch these things. There's only like 2 or 3 relevant ones anyway, the Tiny slots are just irritating, and the whole thing feels like sticking an 8-track player in the dashboard of your Prius. Yes, there are probably some folks out there who have super builds based entirely around their Guild Slot equipment, but... really?

On the Adventure list screen, add a column to show me how many times I've run the quest. If I care about the repeat XP penalty, I'd kind of like to know about it before I run out and jump in. Plus it's another bit of data to feel miserable about when I'm contemplating how much time I've wasted on the game.

When I go to mail an item, give me a drop-down of my other characters' names.
-- Alternate suggestion: Have a better way to send items to my other characters instead of wrapping each one up in a postcard and dropping it in the mail. Yeah, there's shared bank, but for things that aren't BTA, a nice little drag-and-drop interface would be great.
-- Alternate Alternate Suggestion: Make the shared bank hold 1000 items and give it to everyone. C'mon, "Bank Toons"? That's just silly. I really need to go roll up a new guy and then trudge through a bunch of low-level quests to get him a bigger backpack just so I have a place to hold my extra gear? That's like hiring a butler to carry all of your extra clothes around instead of using, oh, say, a closet.

Make the list of end rewards window like 30% wider. I hate having to hover over each item to see the suffixes. (If this is resizable and I just haven't realized it, then shame on me.) Make it 50% taller too, so you don't have to scroll down to see the whole list.

Extend the "weapon set" idea to include an arbitrarily large number of items. Let me switch to my Trapping Gear Set (necklace, goggles, gloves and boots), then back to my Fightin' Stuff Set. Let me re-gear from Healin' to Squishin' with a single click. It can be up to us to use this wisely -- just do a straightforward 'equip' on each item in the set in order, and if we did something dumb like put in four pairs of bracers, then we just end up with the last one. And yeah, if there's armor in there then we get to sit for a while as it gets put on.

Sort the TR cache by ML. All kinds of filtering and searching would be great, but are obviously more work. Since it's in a random order now, you're not losing anything by just picking an order that's slightly more useful and going with that.

Remember which toolbar is active for each character, and preserve it through logouts.

Give us the ability to drag items from one bag to another.
-- Bonus Points: If you drag one bag onto another bag, then it empties the contents of the first one into the second one, subject to space limitations.

bigolbear
09-24-2012, 10:55 AM
1. fix lag, especialy fix the notably poor instances (/loc) instances used for central hub areas should be seperated from those used for quests - theres nothing nastier lag wise than ending up sharing a loc with a crafting hall when raiding.

2. ladder bug. yeh im serious.

3. spells that need to target self to be cast - radiant aura/burst comes to mind. no targeting check needs to be made!

4. better crafting recipies going all the way to lvl 25 gear. including spell power ranging from 30 to 120. implement bonus shard - stacks on like masterful craftsmanship does.

5. better healing options for all classes - especialy at lvls 10 thru 20 (other than cleric, FVS and druid). better potions would be a good start, and enhancements to follow.

6. sla targeting issues - they should be targetable just liek the spells are, ie aimed up and down too.

7. bio scroll bar to not refresh when a buff is added/removed - damn paladin auras!

8. add a scroll bar to item descritiptions. and the tool tip too. i play in 1920/768 and the descriptions for greensteel items and some raid items goes off screen. I used to play with 'detailed descriptions' off but since all the new gear got added I turned it back on.

and finaly - and most important.
FIX the bugs. You have a known issues list, get to it! And.. make sure all these other bugs players are telling you about make it to the known issues list. particularly annoying of late is the incoming spell power bug caused by item swapping or pot drinking.

Systern
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
My biggest little pet peeve annoyance: The standard channel has some great information in it. Friends logging in and out, Essences created when deconning (Billboard for putting X Larges into a bag immediately overwrites how many smalls were made...), Yes you did pick up that collectable while the DM was talking, yadda yadda.

But it also has, every time you zone, "Now switching to House Cannith Enclave -- General channel." "Now switching to House Cannith Enclave -- Trade channel." "Now switching to House Cannith Enclave -- Advice channel."

If the window is listening to standard, but not General, Trade, or Advice... why would I care? Please change the zone change function so that those three emotes go to their respective chat channels and not standard.

btolson
09-25-2012, 04:39 AM
-Additional Stormreach Teleporter destination: The Harbor - I go here all the time for the cheaper repairs, or to travel to Eveningstar. It is really annoying to take the teleporter to the marketplace (and sit through the load screen), only to turn 180 degrees and immediately exit into the harbor (and sit through that load screen). Unnecessary load screens = bad. I suspect they are not only annoying, but degrade server performance as well.

This does not need to be a bi-directional teleport (i.e., no need to have a new Stormreach Teleporter device in the harbor -- although I have no objection to that), it's sufficient for the teleporter to just dump you out in open ground like the marketplace destination.

fco-karatekid
09-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Blank pages at the end of monster manual with room for a player to scribe notes. Right now it goes into bio's, but would be a nice-to-have to have a journal in which we can write.

Cyiwin
09-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Bats! They're as annoying as a fly buzzing around my head. Having low hit points, they have opted to defend themselves with MMO latency. It does feel good to come back with a caster and watch them try to dodge a wall of fire!

btolson
09-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Display the last login dates for more than 5 servers in the client launcher. I play on 9 servers (8 live & lasagna) off and on, and would like to know this information for all 9 of them! Should be an easy change!

btolson
09-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Easy Quest Reset Dialogue Option: All quest givers should have a "Repeat this quest" dialogue which, when selected, will close the dialogue window and immediately set you on the quest (i.e., without any other clicks required). Currently while many quest givers have such a dialogue option, it is disingenuous because you still have to click through several more windows to actually get back on the quest. Perhaps make this a UI option that can be toggled off for those (mythical?) people who enjoy reading quest dialogues on their 10th+ completion.

LrdSlvrhnd
09-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Monster Manual - Click on a monster to see where you fought that guy without popping over to DDO Wiki to look it up. I'd love to know where i killed an "Air Mephit Prince" on one character so I can do it again on another...
Hirelings: I'd love to have a 'do nothing but heal" mode on clerics/FvS hirelings. I want to be able to park 'em in a corner, preferably invised, while I'm doing eDA, without having to worry about them being right in the middle of things. I want to park them over *there* while I'm fighting the big boss dropping Sleet Storms and cleaves and other AoE attacks without worrying about them being *right there* trying to melee and dying in the process. "Passive" should be this mode. If we want 'em helping out, we can put 'em on Active.
Banks: For the love of Lolth, give us a Search feature. Let us sort, similar to Inventory. And start with the TR cache and shared bank...
Speaking of the TR cache: I neither need nor want it to pop open every time i hit the bank. I suspect nobody does. Can we add a button to the bank/shared bank to open it when we want it? (This may have the added benefit of no longer locking up the screen when hitting the bank for the second time in as many seconds 'cause I forgot to grab my Shroud bag from the Shared Bank...)
And I wouldn't mind a reverse-TR cache. A sort of black hole where you dump put stuff and you don't have access to it until after TRing (when it's automatically moved into the TR cache). All that Fens stuff you don't need. The Korthos gear you don't really want to get rid of (especially the MP pendants). The L12 Mabar cloak you're no longer using 'cause you're L16. Basically, everything you've outgrown, but don't want to toss, but can't give to another character 'cause it's BtC.
Speaking of which... Kill BtC. Kill it in a fire, then burn the ashes, and then have an arti dog spill oil over 'em, and burn 'em again. BtC is ridiculous. I'm willing to accept it for "epic" items, and maybe Korthos items... but that mysterious bauble my friend's monk picked up shouldn't be absolutely useless to her. The Fens stuff I got on my L20 monk when I blew through the chain simply to be able to say I've done it once shouldn't be vendor trash. I should be able to pass 'em on to my lowbies. That's what I paid good money for my account bank (and all the extra spaces) for. And this especially applies to Mabar items. Heck, I'll even accept Cannith-crafted and GS items remaining BtC (though it'd be nice if at least the Cannith stuff was BtA, BtCoE), and stuff you've bound at the Stone of Change. Although I wouldn't mind a more expensive recipe (ML cubed, perhaps?) to bind stuff to account rather than character, that you could then do alchemical rituals on just the same.
In a similar vein, make BtCoE more obvious. I tried on a couple of pieces of armor on my rogue Friday, simply to see what they did to my stats. They were both BtCoE, and i hadn't noticed that in the description. A quick "This item will be bound to your character" popup the first time would've been awesome, since regardless of which I ended up using, it would ONLY be for that night, as my static group would all be hitting 20 and leveling up from 18. Had I known that it would be permanently bound to that character, I'd've stuck with the lesser armor I already had and waited.

btolson
09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Uniform Formatting for Kobold Foreman dialogue: Certain circumstances, such as selling out of an item, will cause the dialogue window to distort from its original dimensions and skew the position of specific options. This happens due to extra lines of text being added (e.g., "xxx has been added to inventory") and from taller text being inserted (e.g., "REQUISITION REQUIRED"). If clicking rapidly on an option, this can cause you to accidentally click on the wrong thing and burn shards or spoil stars. The dialogue window should be pre-configured to accommodate all potential text without requiring the window to resize dynamically; it gives a really unprofessional feel to have text bounce around like this.

As a possible alternative or addendum, add numbers to the list so you can select dialogue options with the keyboard. In all honesty, I would rather spam the "1" key than click over and over on "Purchase an incense torch".

LrdSlvrhnd
10-01-2012, 02:07 AM
To quote Columbo: "Oh, just one more thing..."

A way to check what class you took when while leveling up. That way, you don't screw up your rogue/arti by accidentally switching out an arti level for rogue, when what you were TRYING to do was switch out a rogue level for arti...

At the very least have it showing when LRing, when leveling. "Tell me more about your adventures." Another option under melee/caster/divine/specialist: *Tell her about your previous incarnation as a ____*

Oh, and yet *another* one more thing: Can we please have a way to clear our own Lama copies, or at least the failed ones? I couldn't take part in much of beta 'cause everybody I wanted to try out failed almost every time there was a wipe. I recently tried to copy my arti/rogue over, and he failed. Being able to delete the character from Lama and from the copy screen would rock; being able a clear a failed copy and try again would be MORE than sufficient.

btolson
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
More mailboxes in more places: 1 per map is too scarce, and involves too much running around whenever you want to visit one. There's no need to completely saturate areas with mailboxes ala WoW, but there should be more per map and more intelligent placement: have one in close proximity to every auctioneer (the distance between marketplace auctioneer and marketplace mailbox is TOO FAR), every pawnbroker, and other high-traffic areas so mail can be accessed while running other common errands, instead of accessing mail being its own out-of-the-way errand.

For instance, a second mailbox positioned in between the hireling vendors and jewelry pawnbrokers in the marketplace, and a third mailbox directly behind the marketplace auctioneer would be ideal.

zwiebelring
10-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Can we have an easy option to save our hotbr layout?

Can we further have to NOT rearrange hotbars after every log in or change active bars?

btolson
10-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Increase the duration of all buffing bard songs to match Inspire Courage: waiting for bard song animation is the worst thing about playing a bard (especially a warchanter), and waiting for it twice as often for most songs (Ironskin Chant, Song of Heroism, Inspire Recklessness, etc) is doubly irritating.

btolson
10-29-2012, 08:16 AM
-Death Ward Spell Buff Icon: this buff icon is much too similar to that of the Resist Energy: Electricity spell. The biggest difference between the two (which is not very significant to begin with) is fully obscured by the duration timer. Please change this icon to something more unique.

MrChipinator
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
I think the best way to update the numbers from healing/damage/whatever is to have the information appear in front of the screen, and each time a new number appears have it replace the old one. I think other MMO's have successfully done it, might be nice to have in here, considering we have such a plethora of little things always popping up.

Might be nice to also have confirmation that a specific attack or effect activated correctly, so having *STUNNED!* appear next to the attack which attempted to stun the mob or having *SUNDERED!* written alongside it. This could become annoying if done improperly, but at least that way certain effects which are hard to discern if they've landed could clearly be shown.

btolson
11-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Display mail attachments within mailbox: currently, in order to see an attachment, you have to open the piece of mail in question. When you have a large amount of mail with attachments, it is extremely tedious trying to find a particular item, or just trying to determine what all is in your mailbox. At a minimum, I would like to see a tooltip containing the name of item pop up when you hover the mouse over a piece of mail. It would be even better if the current, nondescript brown-bag attachment graphic was replaced with the graphic for the contained item.

Descriptive Auction notifications: please add item names into auction sold/expired messaging. E.g., "Your auction for +1 Falchion of Pure Good has successfully sold", or "Your auction for Wand of Ice Storm has expired".

Silverwren
11-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Can we have an easy option to save our hotbr layout?

Can we further have to NOT rearrange hotbars after every log in or change active bars?

This we have already.

To save your layout switch to the general chat tab and type /ui layout save <filename>

To load it, type /ui layout load <filename>

Further, there are MANY great suggestions in this thread that would improve our lives in game. I hope the devs are paying attention.

zwiebelring
11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Emphazising *easy*. The current way is not easy for me.

Gaunt1995
11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Take 20 and take 10

-take 20 (which means taking a 20 on roll) would be quite signifiant for skills such as Search, but would require 2000% more time, so when a rogue fail to fins a trap, he could activate the Take 20 toggle and search again, but with 20 times more time (a 3 second search would take 60 seconds, it would be useful for some traps that put you to -400 in one hit). you would need to not be in danger (i.e. in a fight, the trap box could explode, etc.)

-take 10 is similar to take 20, but do not boost the time, it let you take the average on rolls, I.E. Open Lock, its annoying to fail a check because of a 1 on roll when you would have doen it with 10, of course like with take 20, you would need to not be in danger (i.e. in a fight, the trap box could explode, etc.)

nibel
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Didn't know about this, I think you found a bug; I submitted a bug report

It's not a bug. One dev already said they knew about it, but didn't changed the text because the players would think it was a nerf.

Luckly for us, on U16 they'll raise the number to their proper typed value, if the release notes on lammania is trustwhorty.

Uniform Formatting for Kobold Foreman dialogue: Certain circumstances, such as selling out of an item, will cause the dialogue window to distort from its original dimensions and skew the position of specific options. This happens due to extra lines of text being added (e.g., "xxx has been added to inventory") and from taller text being inserted (e.g., "REQUISITION REQUIRED"). If clicking rapidly on an option, this can cause you to accidentally click on the wrong thing and burn shards or spoil stars. The dialogue window should be pre-configured to accommodate all potential text without requiring the window to resize dynamically; it gives a really unprofessional feel to have text bounce around like this.

As a possible alternative or addendum, add numbers to the list so you can select dialogue options with the keyboard. In all honesty, I would rather spam the "1" key than click over and over on "Purchase an incense torch".

If you haven't reconfigured anything:

Ctrl+1 chooses the first option
Ctrl+2 chooses the second option
and so on. I use it a lot on challenges and to skip flavor text I'm not interested in read.

btolson
11-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Add a "Show Unavailable" checkbox option for the Spells page in the character sheet: similar to the checkboxes of the same name under the enhacements & feats pages, this would show all spells available at a particular level, with those that the character does not know in subdued coloring. This should also expose the spell tabs that the character does not yet have access to (e.g., 9th level spell tab on a 15th level wizard). Such an option would make figuring out exactly which spells a wizard/arti lacks much easier. Currently hunting down every needed spell is a very tedious process, and often involves cross-referencing the wiki.

Add a "Could be Inscribed" line of text to relevant scrolls: this would immediately let you know if you can inscribe a particular scroll in question (i.e., you have at least 1 level of that class and don't already know the spell). This line of text could appear on the line above the UMD % success line.

btolson
11-14-2012, 06:38 AM
If you haven't reconfigured anything:

Ctrl+1 chooses the first option
Ctrl+2 chooses the second option
and so on. I use it a lot on challenges and to skip flavor text I'm not interested in read.

I was unaware of this, thanks. Although, I'm sure that I have not changed those keybindings and for me they are Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2, etc.

I would still appreciate it if the dialogues options were changed to include numbers corresponding to their location in the list. It's not so bad when only 1 or 2 options are available, but when you are looking at a ton of them from a kobold foreman it is not very sure/quick to figure out if the option you want is #6 or #7.

Jay203
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
fix the canine location tracking...
so their actual position are where their avatar is... rather than some empty space in front of them...

and give them proper cooldown on their trips... also make it so they don't get trip + improve trip >_>

Chai
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
- Adjust fees so posting is more expensive but sales tax is lower (this is a whole additional thread)

Dear mother of god this needs to happen. Yesterday.

I can almost smell the nerd rage already. People would actually have to post something at a reasonible price. No longer is the AH a convenient storage locker for overflow inventory.

Silverwren
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Add a "Show Unavailable" checkbox option for the Spells page in the character sheet: similar to the checkboxes of the same name under the enhacements & feats pages, this would show all spells available at a particular level, with those that the character does not know in subdued coloring. This should also expose the spell tabs that the character does not yet have access to (e.g., 9th level spell tab on a 15th level wizard). Such an option would make figuring out exactly which spells a wizard/arti lacks much easier. Currently hunting down every needed spell is a very tedious process, and often involves cross-referencing the wiki.

Add a "Could be Inscribed" line of text to relevant scrolls: this would immediately let you know if you can inscribe a particular scroll in question (i.e., you have at least 1 level of that class and don't already know the spell). This line of text could appear on the line above the UMD % success line.

This would be a tremendous quality of life improvement, and to add to it, bring back the indication on a scroll as to what level spell it is. I get tired of trying to guess and buying level 5, 6 and 7 scribing materials to scribe a scroll that I think is somewhere in that level range. I know, you used to be able to do math to figure it out (not sure if that's even possible anymore) but the calculation didn't always work, which made it unreliable.

TrinityTurtle
11-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Quality of life...pauses to think.

Ah, I know something I've struggled with the entire time I've been playing this game - the in game voice chat. It's terrible. I come across to people in the SAME party as way too loud, way too low, and just right. There is NO setting on my computer that I can change to compensate for both the too loud and too soft at the same time. ONe day I can hear my husband loud and clear in a party, the next he's subaudio without either of having changed anything. A revamp of the voice chat would be huge for me (as a hearing damaged but not fully deaf person who really struggles sometimes to understand other players with all the sound quality issues going on). At least a way for us to regulate each person in our party on our end to equalize them out at the very least.

btolson
11-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Display the save DC's of SLAs like any other spell: self explanatory; SLA's should show the "Save: X (Reflex/Fortitude/Will)" line that all true spells have when you mouse over their icon.

btolson
12-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Monster Manual Tracking Display: Add a small, unobtrusive UI element that can be used to track kill/hunter counts for specified monster types at all times. The Monster Manual takes up way too much screen real estate to have it open all the time (read: any time that non-trivial combat is occurring). Having a small UI element to track kill objectives would be much more convenient, as well as make it much easier to determine when a monster is not counting as the proper type so it can be bug reported.

Llint
12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
My barbarian is fascinated by shiny objects and has an extensive collection. Over 5000 gems and nearly 800 Soul Gems. I know they are pretty much worthless, but there is no talking sense to him. Anyway, he just created his 61st Soul Gem type which means the inventory is beginning to clog as he currently has both the Small and Medium soul gem bags full. Please make a Large or a Huge Soul Gem bag or allow us to carry more than one Medium!!

Also, an Essence bag capable of containing stacks higher than 10,000 would be helpful too.

I won't even mention how many Khyber and Siberys he has...the man is insane. Those of you on Sarlona know who I'm talking about if you've run with him.

Oh, in case anyone wonders, he uses a Green Steel Great Axe of Vacuum to trap souls.

Orratti
12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Allow items in a quiver to be hotbarred. A quiver is part of a weapon set not a bag of ingredients. Being able to hold 400 of several different types of arrows is useless if you have to open your inventory, then open the quiver, then pick your ammunition, move 100 of your chosen type over to inventory, then load them, then move the rest to the top of the list so the right type reloads, all while trying to fight. Obviously no one is going to do this and so a quiver isn't very useful at all compared to what it could/should be.

Personally I've been stocking up arrows and bolts for quite a while. You can hotbar the quiver but you still have to go through the rest of the steps to change ammunition types. I'd like to be able to hotbar the quiver along with the ammunition it contains so that I may switch types from the hotbar alone without having to go through the same process as finding an ingredient for crafting an item.